This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
    But Michael/Daniel does sell it that way. At least for me. Like the Mitchell-napping scene. Even though Daniel sighed when he realized Mitchell was napping, and he made a few sarcastic remarks, I didn't get the impression that they were made with any rancor. I get the impression that Daniel genuinely likes Mitchell and that they enjoy kidding each other.
    I happen to agree with this. If they were not friends, would they be
    Spoiler:
    playing basketball together?

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
      I happen to agree with this. If they were not friends, would they be
      Spoiler:
      playing basketball together?
      That was kinda my point. It's been said by others that teh eye rolling and such at Mitchell means the other chars don't like him much and I can see how they get that impression.
      Yet the others will go to movie nights with him, play bball, go and comfort him when he needs a friend.
      So what's the deal, is he one of them or not?
      Do they like him or do they hate him?
      It's very confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
        That was kinda my point. It's been said by others that teh eye rolling and such at Mitchell means the other chars don't like him much and I can see how they get that impression.
        Yet the others will go to movie nights with him, play bball, go and comfort him when he needs a friend.
        So what's the deal, is he one of them or not?
        Do they like him or do they hate him?
        It's very confusing.
        In my opinion, the other, posters, just plain don't like him, because he isn't Jack, and have opinon when they watch him. They will find everything that agree with them, etc.

I looking it at this way, RDA wanted to spend more time with his daughter, so TPTB had to replace him. I watch the show and made up my own mind that I like Mitchell for his on charater and the second have of the season Ben is coming into his own.

Is it confusing? Yes. it is. Just make up your mind and stick to it.

Edit: IMO, they do like him.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
          Mitchell told the Russian general that they should use all the firepower they had, since they were getting whooped and he said he would take one of the 302's out. The Russian general asked what a 302 could do against the Ori ships. Mitchell said maybe he could draw their fire and maybe give the others a chance and the general waved his hand and said, "Go." Mitchell was on his way to whereever they keep the 302's.

It made me wonder if it was going to be a StarWars thing where a small ship could find a flaw in the Ori ship and destroy it.
          OH, see I missed him ask about a 302, I just knew he went running for something! I'd be game for a Star Warsy thing like that, come on, that's never bad!
          Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

I thought the napping was something Jack would have done too and Daniel just sort of rolled his eyes at the comparison and dropped the book. Not trying to compare Jack and Mitchell but Jack would have been bored too.
            Sybil

Comment

Thought you guys might enjoy this fic - it is about that famous scene in Crusade with Daniel admiring Cam.

http://aurora-novarum.livejournal.com/4743.html
              LONG LOST TWIN SISTER OF PURPLE

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                I should note here that I have only seen half the ep. But I agree with you about Teal'c's comment. He expressed it as a put down. Not, 'there might be more trouble with it this time' or 'I'm worried about the knight', no, he had to say Mitchell was 'overconfident'.
                Is it bad that I heard that comment and imediately thought the anti-mitchell folks would use it??
                I really really wish the writers would get together on some of the relationships.
                For a supposed co-lead, Carter NEVER discusses her decision with Mitchell. Teal'c at seperate times, has friendly chats with him, joins in with his gung-ho attitude but then turns around and puts him down and hits him at the slightest invitation.
                What is the Teal'c/Mitchell deal? Cause up till Arthur's Mantle/Camelot, I would have siad they were friends, but friends don't punch you the instant you suggest it, or put you down, esp in front of your team members.

Daniel is the one with teh most stable Mitchell relationship, which is that they don't interact much. It's very odd and makes it hard to see where Mitchell fits.
                I love Teal'c and Mitchell together. I think it's my favorite relationship on the show. I think Teal'c likes Mitchell but at times finds him annoying. I also think Teal'c enjoys pushing Mitchell's buttons. And I think Mitchell knows he's annoying Teal'c when he talks too much, but he keeps doing it anyway because he enjoys pushing Teal'c's buttons. To me, it is sort of teh way brothers act with each other. I think it's a lot of fun, and it cracks me up a lot of the time.

I think Daniel and Mitchell are more equals. They look like they're about the same age. And they look like they could be good friends, but Daniel is holding Mitchell at arms length for some reason. I really enjoy watching the two of them in scenes, but I feel like Mitchell is closer to Teal'c and Sam than he is to Daniel. I'm not sure why.

Comment

I think the reason Mitchell and Daniel don't seem close is because they haven't really had time together like Mitchell has with the other two.
                  I love Teal'c and Mitchell. They are fun together.
                  Sybil

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                    OH, see I missed him ask about a 302, I just knew he went running for something! I'd be game for a Star Warsy thing like that, come on, that's never bad!
                    Yeah, it'd be cool, but he'd have to find the weak spot on the Ori ship by chance, since they really don't know anything about them. Maybe you just have to hit them from behind and in the 302 he can slip back there unnoticed. Or maybe Sam, while watching from her unique position, can see the flaw and somehow radio Mitchell.

I just would like the answer to come from SG-1 and not be another beaming up by a ship we didn't even know was there. Not that I minded that for the other shows, but I'd want a season-ending cliffhanger to have a better resolution than that.

Comment

Originally posted by shester
                      I thought the napping was something Jack would have done too and Daniel just sort of rolled his eyes at the comparison and dropped the book. Not trying to compare Jack and Mitchell but Jack would have been bored too.
                      Sybil
                      Yeah, and what was he supposed to do? He couldn't read Ancient so unless Daniel wanted him to fetch him more books, there wasn't anything else for him to do. Besides, he had to save his strength for fighting the Black Knight.

Comment

Okay, here's a topic. What do you like most about Mitchell and what do you like least?

I like most -- Mitchell's energy and enthusiasm and the way he always thinks he can *do* something to solve a problem. While the others are being all cautious and pointing out problems, Mitchell always thinks there's a way to fix it.

I like least -- I really didn't like him in the beginning of OTG where he thought he could impersonate a drug dealer. I'm hoping it's a new writer making a mistake and that we won't have him being so foolish in the future. But I sure didn't like it there.

Comment

Okay, I'll try. But I reserve the right to change my mind as often as someone else comes here and points out other things!

Like: Hmmm, should I be shallow and mention how well he looks in that green uniform? With the hat kind of low like when he woke from napping in the last episode?

Okay, I'll step out of the shallow end of the pool and say that I think I mostly like how Mitchell likes everyone and seems comfortable with them. He seems to truly enjoy the company of everyone at that comes through with how relaxed he is around everybody. I like the way Mitchell interacts with everyone.

Dislike? I hate cockiness and he's come dangerously close, --mostly the time he taunted Volnek. I fanwanked that one away earlier, so I'm going to say that he didn't cross the line that time, but he came close.

As I have said before, I had no problem with OTG because playing the drug dealer was a potentially dangerous job that only one of them had to perform and putting either Carter or Jackson in that position would have been irresponsible because of their unique expertises. He could have offered it to Teal'c, but maybe he thought Teal'c wouldn't bring the "sleeze" needed by a drug dealer, but most likely he didn't feel he should ask someone else to put themselves in risk. As for having to do the drug dealer thing at all, I've said many times, why send your #1 team to take notes from a cornfield? If Landry didn't expect them to be proactive, he should have sent a different team.

Oh, and there's a difference between confident and cocky. Most of the time he is confident, which I like, it's only on the rare occasions that he dangles on the precipice of cocky.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                            The only Mitchell thing that bugged me was when he didn't give orders when I thought he should. I can think of three times. One was when Sam suggested they split up. It was weird to me that Mitchell never said, okay, you and Teal'c go that way. Me and Jackson will go this way. Another time was when Daniel asked for more time to convince the villagers, Mitchell just threw up his hand like "Okay." But it was weird that he didn't say so out loud. And the last time was when Daniel wanted to go back down to the planet and Mitchell said he'd go with him. Why didn't Mitchell turn to Sam and Teal'c and say anything at that point? Wasn't that odd that he would ignore them? It always bugs me when the writers don't let him be the leader he should be.
                            Oh, Shards, why are you so mean to poor Cam? Why do you seek to deny him the reward he sought and deserves for his stirling heroism in saving SG-1's butts in Antarctica? He never wanted to lead an SG team - O'Neill told him he could have any position he wanted and he wanted to serve on the SG-1 that is Sam, Dan and Teal'c: to "learn from the best", as he said himself. Witness the anguish on the poor chap's face when Landry told him he was going to lead SG-1 - he didn't want to because he knew instantly that meant there'd be no Sam, Dan and Teal'c with him. How could there be - he can't lead them, they know so much more.

The only time Cam identified himself as the "leader of SG-1" was when it was, as he put it, "SG-me". The other's weren't on the team. As you have so correctly noticed with your examples above, Mitchell is not the man in charge of them all. The proof of the pudding is in the eating and we see it there on screen. It is not that the writers are writing your Mitchell wrong, it's just that they're writing their Mitchell right as they see him - the man who got the position he so much wanted in the end - to serve with Sam, Dan and Teal'c and learn from them. He must be over the moon. Be happy for the guy!
                            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                              I think Daniel and Mitchell are more equals. They look like they're about the same age. And they look like they could be good friends, but Daniel is holding Mitchell at arms length for some reason. I really enjoy watching the two of them in scenes, but I feel like Mitchell is closer to Teal'c and Sam than he is to Daniel. I'm not sure why.
                              It's clear in Avalon that Cam and Sam already knew each other when Cam joined the SGC. Perhaps they were together at the Academy?

I see Teal'c's advice to Cameron that his overconfidence is misplaced as a perfect example of a more experienced team-mate teaching him. Cameron said he wanted to learn from the best, and if he notes advice like this he will.
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                                Oh, Shards, why are you so mean to poor Cam? Why do you seek to deny him the reward he sought and deserves for his stirling heroism in saving SG-1's butts in Antarctica? He never wanted to lead an SG team - O'Neill told him he could have any position he wanted and he wanted to serve on the SG-1 that is Sam, Dan and Teal'c: to "learn from the best", as he said himself. Witness the anguish on the poor chap's face when Landry told him he was going to lead SG-1 - he didn't want to because he knew instantly that meant there'd be no Sam, Dan and Teal'c with him. How could there be - he can't lead them, they know so much more.

The only time Cam identified himself as the "leader of SG-1" was when it was, as he put it, "SG-me". The other's weren't on the team. As you have so correctly noticed with your examples above, Mitchell is not the man in charge of them all. The proof of the pudding is in the eating and we see it there on screen. It is not that the writers are writing your Mitchell wrong, it's just that they're writing their Mitchell right as they see him - the man who got the position he so much wanted in the end - to serve with Sam, Dan and Teal'c and learn from them. He must be over the moon. Be happy for the guy!
                                And of course Prototype, where he calls himself leader and SAm is THERE.

Comment

Working...
                                X