This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little

I think Ben actually understands where the long time Stargate fans are coming from and what they want from this show way better than the current writers and producers do. He has always seemed to be a very perceptive person with really good instincts. And unlike a lot of other actors he’s willing to put the overall good of the story over his own personal aggrandizement. Very few actors give up scenes or lines to other actors because it is better for the story for them to do so. I’m betting that neither MS or AT would do it if the situation was reversed.
    Hmm. Okay, it's really generous and shows dedication to the story for BB to decide to give up a scene if he feels that it would fit better for someone else to do it. Kudos to him.

Um, but, however, if the situation was reversed and either AT or MS did give up a scene or an action because they felt it would make more sense for Mitchell to do it, I don't think BB fans (which I count myself as) would think it was very nice to say he specificially (naming him) wouldn't do the same.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I like to think any of the actors would do the same. I don't know much about AT or MS to say either way. I am here for Ben so I do know more about him than the others. He is a generous man and the story is always important to him.
      And man he looks good in mud!!! (and a towel and...)
      Sybil

Comment

Wow, that was incredible!!! The team working together, some mystery, some excitement, action and humor! What could be better?

Camelot Spoilers:
        Spoiler:
        I read a few pages of the episode thread and while most of the responses so far are positive, I can't believe a couple people thought the beginning was a waste of time because they didn't find the amulet/weapon. Of course they are going to find it soon where it makes a difference, but really, even if they didn't, it doesn't mean the beginning of the episode shouldn't have been made. Sometimes things you do don't have the intended result. And it was entertaining as heck.

Biggest laugh - When they went into the secret chamber and the fires started lighting... Mitchell looked at Teal'c and then looked at the ceiling to make sure it wasn't coming down on them. LOL.

I like how he befriended the kids before just asking them where Merlin's library was. I'm not sure they would have told him otherwise. Didn't seem like anyone else was making progress finding out either.

I'll discuss it more later, but let me leave you with this one picture on your mind, if you can remember it... When Daniel dropped the book to wake up Mitchell - - - Mitchell's reaction. Dang, was he adorable?!?!?! And the way he peeked up under the bill of his hat! Grrroowwwwllllll.........

Comment

Oh yes, the snoozing scene. His reaction was so cute.
          Sybil

Comment

Originally posted by shester
            Oh yes, the snoozing scene. His reaction was so cute.
            Sybil
            He had an open book on his knee, too. Trying to decipher the text or pictures?

I like how he said he was Kel-no-reming (sp?) like Teal'c had been teaching him.

This was a great ep. They finally put Mitchell and Daniel in the same scene together, wearing the same uniform! I like their rapport.

More later, hopefully.

Comment

I would love to see Teal'c teaching him that.
              Sybil

Comment

Way better cliff hanger than we got at mid season in terms of suspense and definitely some money invested in the end of the episode. Lot’s of set up for season 10, which I think probably slowed down the pace of the first part of the episode.

I liked the fact that Mitchell knows that taking the time to connect to someone on their terms before pumping them for information is more effective than just asking questions straight away. So Mitchell apparently has a younger brother and hates spiders. Where do you suppose said younger brother was during those scenes with his father in CD? Maybe they have the same mother but not the same father?

Nice “you can be more” moment between Cam and Valencia.

I loved the sword fight (kudos to both Ben and BamBam for that!); also loved the Daniel waking Mitchell up with a book scene.

But I really hated Daniel’s sarcasms about how Mitchell expected to handle the black knight right before they tried Daniel’s access code. It just seemed like sarcasm for sarcasm’s sake and that just felt petty. It would be one thing if Daniel had a better idea on how to deal with the knight or if they had a choice in whether to proceed or not, but Daniel acknowledges that they don’t have a choice and he doesn’t offer any better ideas. I think maybe the constant let’s have Mitchell do something that the other characters will then respond to in a condescending or disparaging way is really pushing all my negative buttons. So I’m probably just being oversensitive here. And Mitchell is at least looking like he is starting to get annoyed back, which is something I guess.

A strong set up for season 10, but not my favorite episode. That would still be a tie between RE and CD.

Comment

Way better cliff hanger than we got at mid season in terms of suspense and definitely some money invested in the end of the episode. Lot’s of set up for season 10, which I think probably slowed down the pace of the first part of the episode.

I liked the fact that Mitchell knows that taking the time to connect to someone on their terms before pumping them for information is more effective than just asking questions straight away. So Mitchell apparently has a younger brother and hates spiders. Where do you suppose said younger brother was during those scenes with his father in CD? Maybe they have the same mother but not the same father?

Nice “you can be more” moment between Cam and Valencia.

I loved the sword fight (kudos to both Ben and BamBam for that!); also loved the Daniel waking Mitchell up with a book scene.

But I really hated Daniel’s sarcasms about how Mitchell expected to handle the black knight right before they tried Daniel’s access code. It just seemed like sarcasm for sarcasm’s sake and that just felt petty. It would be one thing if Daniel had a better idea on how to deal with the knight or if they had a choice in whether to proceed or not, but Daniel acknowledges that they don’t have a choice and he doesn’t offer any better ideas. I think maybe the constant let’s have Mitchell do something that the other characters will then respond to in a condescending or disparaging way is really pushing all my negative buttons. So I’m probably just being oversensitive here. And Mitchell is at least looking like he is starting to get annoyed back, which is something I guess.

A strong set up for season 10, but not my favorite episode. That would still be a tie between RE and CD.
                  We have the same button so it is not just you. I feel it just gives the anti-Mitchell people more ammo to hate him if their favorite character doesn't seem to respect him. I know people would be freaking if it was Cam instead of Teal'c who ran off to get the Lucian Alliance to fight with them.

I wonder what the whole back story with Mitchell's family is because you know we don't have all the facts yet. Has it been established if Mitchell's father is dead or alive yet? Was he around when he crashed in Antarctica? If so, why wasn't he with his mother at the hospital bed? How much time did Mitchell spend with his grandmother and why?? Yup, I want more Mitchell stories.

I hope Ben has a good story line for season 10. It makes me slightly nervous that the spoilers I have seen so far barely mention him and only in passing - not as a major part of any ep.
                  LONG LOST TWIN SISTER OF PURPLE

Comment

You know, I didn't have a problem with Daniel being skeptical about Mitchell fighting the Black Knight. I mean, he's not exactly an expert swordsman, and he did almost lose the first time. Plus, they really didn't know what this situation would be like. And I liked the way Mitchell handled the skepticism. With Teal'c, he said "Who said I'd be the one to fight him?" Which was great because, to me, it implied Teal'c might be the one to fight him, and Teal'c did not like that idea. LOL Though he would be the most logical.

And then in the library, when Daniel was going to start entering the code, Mitchell had a good reason to think he would be able to fight the knight, and in the end, it came down to them not having a choice. Which Daniel had to concede.

But you know, I can't help but wonder if we're too worried about what the anti people on this forum will think. It seems like I'll read all of these responses to an ep, like this last one, where everyone seemed to like it, and they seemed to enjoy Mitchell in it. And I know I really enjoyed Mitchell in it. Then some fans post all of these negative things that just make me go, huh? And I just think that some people will never like Mitchell no matter what, and I'm trying to ignore them. It's hard, though.

THat said, I thought Mitchell was great in this last ep. He was charming and funny and the sword scene was great. I loved how he wasn't that great at it. It was more humorous this way, and probably more realistic, considering he's not an expert swordsman. And I loved how that girl was the one who was able to pull out the sword and help him. And it cracked me up how the whole village ignored him to congratulate her. LOL

The only Mitchell thing that bugged me was when he didn't give orders when I thought he should. I can think of three times. One was when Sam suggested they split up. It was weird to me that Mitchell never said, okay, you and Teal'c go that way. Me and Jackson will go this way. Another time was when Daniel asked for more time to convince the villagers, Mitchell just threw up his hand like "Okay." But it was weird that he didn't say so out loud. And the last time was when Daniel wanted to go back down to the planet and Mitchell said he'd go with him. Why didn't Mitchell turn to Sam and Teal'c and say anything at that point? Wasn't that odd that he would ignore them? It always bugs me when the writers don't let him be the leader he should be.

Comment

That didn't bother me too much. Sometimes they did that with Jack. It was more like a suggestion with Sam than an order. Daniel usually tells Jack what he wants to do. Mitchell is a leader who knows how to let his people do their job. He has made the decisions before and everyone did what he said. I really liked this episode. It had some humor and drama. I liked the way Mitchell charmed the kids into doing what he wanted and later on when he was talking to the girl asking her if she didn't want to pull the sword out of the stone. (sorry for the run on sentence)
                      Just love Mitchell. And you're right, some people are just not going to like him. I don't understand it but it is the way is. I have learned the names of the ones that don't ever say anything nice about him and just don't read their posts. I really just ignore the negative posts. The nasty ones anyway. Some people thrive on trying to upset people. They must have very sad and angry lives.
                      Sybil

Comment

He did alot better in this sword fight, but still not as good as he needed to. Oh well, I love sword fights on SG-1, especially when it's Mitchell at the helm.

Okay, this is only my own speculation but where was Mitchell going at the end? I think he's going to ring onto an Ori ship and then he's going to end up busting into Vala's room. I just have this picture in my head of a shocked Mitchell and a freaked out Vala, then of course the smirk on Mitchell's face when he brings her back... just to annoy Daniel.

Overall, not bad, but the ending felt alittle over the top. Couldn't they at least destroy ONE of the ships?

Side note, they actually speak Russian on the Russian ship!!!

Do they really need to frag the Odessey too?
                        Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                          ...Okay, this is only my own speculation but where was Mitchell going at the end? I think he's going to ring onto an Ori ship and then he's going to end up busting into Vala's room. I just have this picture in my head of a shocked Mitchell and a freaked out Vala, then of course the smirk on Mitchell's face when he brings her back... just to annoy Daniel...
                          Mitchell told the Russian general that they should use all the firepower they had, since they were getting whooped and he said he would take one of the 302's out. The Russian general asked what a 302 could do against the Ori ships. Mitchell said maybe he could draw their fire and maybe give the others a chance and the general waved his hand and said, "Go." Mitchell was on his way to whereever they keep the 302's.

It made me wonder if it was going to be a StarWars thing where a small ship could find a flaw in the Ori ship and destroy it.

Comment

...But I really hated Daniel’s sarcasms about how Mitchell expected to handle the black knight right before they tried Daniel’s access code. It just seemed like sarcasm for sarcasm’s sake and that just felt petty. It would be one thing if Daniel had a better idea on how to deal with the knight or if they had a choice in whether to proceed or not, but Daniel acknowledges that they don’t have a choice and he doesn’t offer any better ideas. I think maybe the constant let’s have Mitchell do something that the other characters will then respond to in a condescending or disparaging way is really pushing all my negative buttons. So I’m probably just being oversensitive here. And Mitchell is at least looking like he is starting to get annoyed back, which is something I guess.
                            I don't remember being upset with whatever Daniel said, but I didn't like Teal'c's comment in the beginning. It just seemed too emphasized, too strong. So, I loved it when Mitchell said, "Who said I was going to fight it?" Teal'c's comment seemed a putdown of Mitchell, but Daniel's seemed more to be concern that they didn't know what rules would apply and the Black Knight had already killed someone else.

"Uh-oh."
                            "What-oh?"

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                              I don't remember being upset with whatever Daniel said, but I didn't like Teal'c's comment in the beginning. It just seemed too emphasized, too strong. So, I loved it when Mitchell said, "Who said I was going to fight it?" Teal'c's comment seemed a putdown of Mitchell, but Daniel's seemed more to be concern that they didn't know what rules would apply and the Black Knight had already killed someone else.

"Uh-oh."
                              "What-oh?"
                              I should note here that I have only seen half the ep. But I agree with you about Teal'c's comment. He expressed it as a put down. Not, 'there might be more trouble with it this time' or 'I'm worried about the knight', no, he had to say Mitchell was 'overconfident'.
                              Is it bad that I heard that comment and imediately thought the anti-mitchell folks would use it??
                              I really really wish the writers would get together on some of the relationships.
                              For a supposed co-lead, Carter NEVER discusses her decision with Mitchell. Teal'c at seperate times, has friendly chats with him, joins in with his gung-ho attitude but then turns around and puts him down and hits him at the slightest invitation.
                              What is the Teal'c/Mitchell deal? Cause up till Arthur's Mantle/Camelot, I would have siad they were friends, but friends don't punch you the instant you suggest it, or put you down, esp in front of your team members.

Daniel is the one with teh most stable Mitchell relationship, which is that they don't interact much. It's very odd and makes it hard to see where Mitchell fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                                I should note here that I have only seen half the ep. But I agree with you about Teal'c's comment. He expressed it as a put down. Not, 'there might be more trouble with it this time' or 'I'm worried about the knight', no, he had to say Mitchell was 'overconfident'.
                                Is it bad that I heard that comment and imediately thought the anti-mitchell folks would use it??
                                No, unfortunately, I thought it, too.

I really really wish the writers would get together on some of the relationships.
                                For a supposed co-lead, Carter NEVER discusses her decision with Mitchell. Teal'c at seperate times, has friendly chats with him, joins in with his gung-ho attitude but then turns around and puts him down and hits him at the slightest invitation.
                                What is the Teal'c/Mitchell deal? Cause up till Arthur's Mantle/Camelot, I would have siad they were friends, but friends don't punch you the instant you suggest it, or put you down, esp in front of your team members.

Daniel is the one with teh most stable Mitchell relationship, which is that they don't interact much. It's very odd and makes it hard to see where Mitchell fits.
                                The Carter/Mitchell discussing decisions doesn't really bother me because I think they all just go their own way on missions a lot of the time. I think that comes from being a highly-qualified team that doesn't need managing to get the job done. Basically, what they need is someone to take the lead when and if it's time to pull the troops together or to make the call during conflicting decisions. I have no problem with them all gating to a planet and each one saying, "I'm going over here to do this...". But, they need a leader to call everyone back when the situation warrants it or to settle conflicts.

I'm right with you on the Teal'c/Mitchell relationship, though. Most of the time, I feel that Teal'c likes Mitchell, likes his impulsive get-it-done side, and has no problem following him. Then every once in a while, the writers throw in a sarcastic line that makes it look like Teal'c looks down on Mitchell, which I don't think he really does. Maybe it's supposed to be a friendly sarcastic thing [which is how I see the Mitchell/Daniel stuff most of the time], but Chris really isn't selling it that way.

But Michael/Daniel does sell it that way. At least for me. Like the Mitchell-napping scene. Even though Daniel sighed when he realized Mitchell was napping, and he made a few sarcastic remarks, I didn't get the impression that they were made with any rancor. I get the impression that Daniel genuinely likes Mitchell and that they enjoy kidding each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X