This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anya
    It was in Phantom Menace (Ep 1 - which I watched twice because Ewan McGregor is just so darn pretty! And the fight scenes were cool). Anyway, Anakin's mom tells Liam Neeson that she doesn't know how he was born. It was the miticloriants! (sp?) Anyway, I think Teal'c watched it for the fight scenes too. That Darth Maul was pretty badass.
    Thanks, Anya!

It was funny when Mitchell said it happened once before and I'm sure the entire audience was thinking Mary/Jesus, then Teal'c said Darth Vadar and Mitchell said Arthur [or Merlin - which was it?]. Even though I didn't get the Vadar reference, it was still funny because it's funny that Teal'c is a Star Wars fan and I just figured it must have come out in one of the movie's I hadn't seen.

I'm surprised Mitchell didn't say Mary/Jesus, though, due to his religious background. Arthur/Merlin may have been more recent on his mind, since he was doing research, but I can't believe Mary/Jesus wouldn't have popped up in his mind anyway. My fanwank is that, even though he did think of Mary/Jesus, he thought Arthur/Merlin might actually be not only relevant, but perhaps explanatory in understanding what happened to Vala.

Comment

Where is everybody today?

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
        Where is everybody today?
        Still recovering from my run of Cam/John/Ben action toys on Sunday in the Thunkers thread?? I think the ep on Friday didn't give us much to analyze so we are a little quieter today. I definately need a lot more action, comedy, drama or something than that ep gave me. Kinda boring
        LONG LOST TWIN SISTER OF PURPLE

Comment

A five episode arc for the towel....

Well, if it got Cam some good romance, I'm all for Vala or Doc Lam, but otherwise no, sorry I'm not a thunker, and while it's hilarious... it gets old after awhile. (At least for me)

Just not got much to say Chillin, I generally can't keep up with everyone here.
          Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Why? Because he was pre-planning to try to steal the crystal? I thought it just happened - that he found the crystal while fighting. Actually, I don't think he could have preplanned that because at the time he started the taunting, he still couldn't "grab" anything. Seriously, I'd like to be able to accept this scene, so please explain further.
            He needed volneck to charge him so he could trip the claymores. If Mitchell ran, Vol'nec would just shoot at him or he might not go through the trip wire, Mitchell needed him close and comitted to his run.
            That is why he taunted him. The crystal was a bonus.
            I know what you mean. I do like Carter. And I like the more relaxed and joking personna of this year even more than science-geek Carter [which I loved also]. And one of the worst things about some fans pitting them against each other is, they are just so good together. I believe Mitchell is the one that makes Carter more relaxed and fun and humorous. And he's obviously very comfortable being around her and teasing her.
            I'd agree with that.
            Also, I hear the actors are fond of each other. All of them. I even read one interview with Ben where he visited RDA before the show started, asking for pointers, which shows to me that he's not barging in planning on taking over, like some fans think.

Oh, well... sigh.
            Fans can be, well, nuts

Comment

I think Ben brings out some good things in AT. I have never really cared for her character one way or the other. But I find I like her with Ben this year. Maybe it is just me. She doesn't seem so uptight. I thought this episode was boring except when Mitchell was talking to Vala. I love watching him act. He takes paying attention to. (well, the towel scene goes without saying was the highlight of the episode Ha)
              Sybil

Comment

Originally posted by gbbarb
                Still recovering from my run of Cam/John/Ben action toys on Sunday in the Thunkers thread?? I think the ep on Friday didn't give us much to analyze so we are a little quieter today. I definately need a lot more action, comedy, drama or something than that ep gave me. Kinda boring
                It looks like we might get something much more fun this Friday. I know that both Ben and MS were high on Camelot. I enjoyed the Arthurian Legend stuff and was disappointed that it kind of ended after the Avalon episodes. And hurray, more sword fighting! I love the Indiana Jones adventure type stuff. It's fun and it beats eels in clones, parades of false gods, and inept criminal gangs any day! Just IMO of course. This one looks like it actually might be a genuine cliff hanger instead of that tepid little ant hill that they gave us at the mid season break.

Charging toward Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by shester
                  I think Ben brings out some good things in AT. I have never really cared for her character one way or the other. But I find I like her with Ben this year. Maybe it is just me. She doesn't seem so uptight. I thought this episode was boring except when Mitchell was talking to Vala. I love watching him act. He takes paying attention to. (well, the towel scene goes without saying was the highlight of the episode Ha)
                  Sybil
                  Sam does seem to be more animated around Mitchell and that's not a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little
                    It looks like we might get something much more fun this Friday. I know that both Ben and MS were high on Camelot. I enjoyed the Arthurian Legend stuff and was disappointed that it kind of ended after the Avalon episodes. And hurray, more sword fighting! I love the Indiana Jones adventure type stuff. It's fun and it beats eels in clones, parades of false gods, and inept criminal gangs any day! Just IMO of course. This one looks like it actually might be a genuine cliff hanger instead of that tepid little ant hill that they gave us at the mid season break.

Charging toward Friday!
                    I'm ready for the

Hee, I hope Mitchell gets to continue in the Arthurian storyline and it doesn't get handed to someone else or ended like the Sodan. Trying to stay positive, hoping for a kick @ss cliff hanger on Friday. One more thing

8 INCHES OF MUD

Hee, hee, I like a dirty boy.
                    LONG LOST TWIN SISTER OF PURPLE

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                      He needed volneck to charge him so he could trip the claymores. If Mitchell ran, Vol'nec would just shoot at him or he might not go through the trip wire, Mitchell needed him close and comitted to his run.
                      That is why he taunted him. The crystal was a bonus.
                      Wasn't Volnek already committed to catching Mitchell? If Mitchell had just run through the tripwire, Volnek would have followed him through it, right? But maybe not. I'm willing to accept this answer.

Comment

I, also, can't wait until this Friday's episode. But it's bittersweet. It looks to be a good episode, but it's the last first run episode for a while. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little
                          Sam does seem to be more animated around Mitchell and that's not a bad thing.

Maybe its a Ben thing.
                          Anyway, I enjoy it. He brings out the woman in her.

Comment

Originally posted by cajnjirl
                            Maybe its a Ben thing.
                            Anyway, I enjoy it. He brings out the woman in her.
                            You know, I didn't think of it like that, but you're right. Bringing out the fun, snarky and teasing side of Samantha, has made her more feminine!

Comment

Wasn't Volnek already committed to catching Mitchell? If Mitchell had just run through the tripwire, Volnek would have followed him through it, right? But maybe not. I'm willing to accept this answer.
                              Not really. Vol'nec might not have followed him through the tripwires, he might have gone another way or just stood back and fired his staff at them.

Comment

I'm not sure he wasn't still a bit over the top on that one, but, like I'm said, I'm willing to accept any plausible excuse!

Comment

Working...
                                X