Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least the "comfy chair" coming up is an actual chair, not a metal ball or a gyno-device or a spinning chair that makes ya wanna... disconsume your lunch. Ben must have been somewhat comfortable in those scenes.

Thanks for posting the links and stuff everyone!

Oh, and I saw a different ad during Triangle, too, but it's no longer on tape and I don't remember enough of it to share anything earthshattering. Just made me want to see the rest of season nine!!! Job well-done by skiffy.

Dream-A-Little, LOVE the "favorite moments" of Cam with the others. When I have more time, maybe I'll do some, too.

Comment

Dear Santa RCC and his jolly writer elves (dwarfs, gnomes?) up there in the great northern frosty land known as Canada,

Tis the season for making Christmas wish lists, so here is mine for Mitchell for the coming year:

Mitchell should unequivocally lead SG-1. If that is not possible, and he must co-lead, then Mitchell should have some kind of encounter with alien technology that endows him with scientific knowledge equal to or greater than Sam's. This would allow him to solve 50 percent of all the scientific issues that SG-1 encounters. He would then be co-science officer of SG-1. Hey fair is fair!

More Mitchell teasing Teal'c, these two make me smile!

Mitchell should have more than a superficial relationship with Sam and Daniel. I haven't seen Mitchell and Sam together enough to know what kind of relationship that I want for them. I just know that I do want them to have one. A genuine relationship and one that's unique to the two of them. Same for Mitchell and Daniel. Cam and Daniel had a nice interplay going on in the cave scene in Avalon Part II. Maybe you could start there and see where it goes.

Mitchell should be the one team member that Vala can't play, or if she does, at least not with her usual bag of tricks. That scene in TPTB where he was refusing to let her push his buttons was great! Keep that up!

Mitchell needs a past! Personal and professional, please fill in the blanks! I'll leave the details up to you, you being the professional writer types and all.

Mitchell and Lam, ok is this supposed to be a "they did". a "they are", or a "they will". Stop flirting and pick one! Personally, I like the "they are" option. Why shouldn't Lam get a Christmas gift too! I know it's a ship, and you said you weren't going to do ship, but it's a little ship, more like a dinghy. A little spice is nice!

Stop separating him from the rest of the team. He has very nice manners and plays well with others. This isolation thing you have going could lead to emotional damage. Then you would have to cast a psychologist to deal with it, and I don't think you guys have a big enough budget to cast another regular or semi-regular character. Best to just make him feel like he belongs and that way you head off any problems.

More get dirty, blow things up, beat things up boy stuff!

And last but not least, more screen time to do all of the above.

Wishing a Merry Christmas, peace on earth and goodwill to all Stargate writers everywhere. And here is hoping for some goodwill back for Mitchell in 2006.

Comment

I like your Christmas list Dream-a-Little! Is anyone else nervous that we really won't get much more Mitchell in the second half of the season? Sure there'll be a little bit more of Mitchell but not nearly enough to make up for what we didn't get in the first half? I'm just feeling very pessimistic and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

Comment

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Hi Cameron Mitchell fans. Come see where he ranks on my top 25 poll. Contribute your own thoughts on who are the top 25 men and women in stargate history.
          Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Comment

ShardsofGlass~~Pessimistic, disappointed, and irritated. Maybe someone can explain to me why "Mitchell" isn't getting any close-ups? Also, why is Ben's Mitchell character being prominently featured in the quick-cut promos for Season Nine, Part Two when the character hasn't really had much focus in the previous ten episodes? I find that use of advertising Ben's involvement misleading and frustrating as a fan of his work. It just makes me want to see more Ben and angry when that doesn't happen. I'm looking forward to "Collateral Damage" and the "Lucian Alliance" episode looks like fun. I share your concern as far as how the Mitchell character has been allowed to progress so far. I'll wait for the rest of the episodes to air; hope springs eternal.

As for Christmas wishes--Daniel "ascends" for the last time and reanimates himself occasionally and saves the earth from all "false gods" and their requirement of slavish worship. If I never again hear the phrase "false god" it will be too soon.

Carter resigns her military position, has married and lives happily with Jack and teaches quantum physics and theoretical science as based in intra-galactic wormhole travel at an ivy league university. She also returns to the SGC to decipher mechanical threats of ancient devices that are uncovered from time to time.

Cassie (Janet's alien daughter) joins the SGC as an offworld interpreter.

T'ealc--witnessing the establishment of a free Jaffa State after the defeat of the Ori, decides he has itchy feet and joins Mitchell.

Mitchell--The SGC having lost most of it's funding, yet Earth's leaders being aware of the threat posed on many fronts by alien incursion, enlists Mitchell and others in covert operations. Mitchell and T'ealc are joined by the Monk (The Ties that Bind), "Dave" (that's all he said, but I still remember his name), and the female interpreter (she was very funny), these last two interviewed for team membership in Avalon. They have adventures throughout untold numbers of galaxies, using the Monk's modified space ship. (If Mitchell, as part of his under-cover duties, manages a romance here and there, all the better.)

Ohma has angered the "ascended ancients" for the last time and has been returned to human form with all memory erased and left to wander the streets of San Francisco where no one minds her unintelligible babbling.

Vala--smarter than everyone else, singlehandedly comes up with the plan that defeats the Ori. Unfortunately, even I am not as smart as she and do not therefore understand how she was able to accomplish this.

You can blame all of the above on heavy load at work, home remodeling, holiday shopping, and a lot more stress than I need right at the moment. Or not. No offense meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little

I know it's a ship, and you said you weren't going to do ship, but it's a little ship, more like a dinghy.

OMG!!

Fantastic discussion, people. I'm not good at discussion most days. I tend to speak only in single syllables and use lots of gestures.
              Prolly got brain damage from all the hard thunks I've taken.

Comment

Joe Mallozzi posted this response on the Solutions Q & A Forum regarding Mitchell as Leader:

I did try to find out a little more about why fans don't think Mitchell is an effective leader and, so far, haven't been presented with a very argument. For instance, the notion that Mitchell shouldn't be leading SG-1 because he has no off-world experience. First of all, applying that logic at the establishment of the Stargate Program would have pretty much killed it before it even got off the ground. Secondly, simply because someone has "stepped through the gate" doesn't mean they don't possess a wealth of combat and leadership experience that would be well-suited to off-world ops. My favorite was someone claiming that Mitchell talking at the beginning of Babylon was the reason they were attacked (?). I read that and thought "Why not just blame his strong after-shave?" for alerting the Sodan to their presence. The bottom line is: if people decide they don't like something, they'll create a point of argument even if one doesn't really exist.
                This has got to be my fav response of his:
                My favorite was someone claiming that Mitchell talking at the beginning of Babylon was the reason they were attacked (?). I read that and thought "Why not just blame his strong after-shave?"
                *snort - ROTFLMAO*

Comment

Well, we have about 2 weeks until more Stargate. Rumor is that we'll get more Mitchell in this half, and I hope it's "more" enough for me! But this got me to thinking. What of Mitchell do you want to see more of? In general, I want to see him drive the storylines, but I realized that I don't like it when Mitchell only contributes in a scene with a pithy comment. I like it when he's a bit more serious like he was in The Fourth Horseman. I liked the way he came down on that lt. for talking about Lam and how he defended the Sodan to Landry. So that's what I'd like. Besides just more of Mitchell in general, I'd like to see more of him being authoritative and serious.

How about everyone else?

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm Cpt. Ritter and I really like Cameron Mitchell, he's got some really big shoes to fill, I think he's doing a great job for just coming on the show. As for the 2nd half of this season, I want to see what they can do with him. Merry Christmas to your all, I see ship possibilities for Mitchell too, but I won't go into them. He's a great stand alone character.
                    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                      Well, we have about 2 weeks until more Stargate. Rumor is that we'll get more Mitchell in this half, and I hope it's "more" enough for me! But this got me to thinking. What of Mitchell do you want to see more of? In general, I want to see him drive the storylines, but I realized that I don't like it when Mitchell only contributes in a scene with a pithy comment. I like it when he's a bit more serious like he was in The Fourth Horseman. I liked the way he came down on that lt. for talking about Lam and how he defended the Sodan to Landry. So that's what I'd like. Besides just more of Mitchell in general, I'd like to see more of him being authoritative and serious.

How about everyone else?
                      In another answer Joe Mallozzi stated that we'd see more of Mitchell showing his leadership qualities etc. Whilst he's leading in a combat situation etc, I should imagine he'd take his duties very seriously. I like the fact that they show he's not above having fun off-duty and is approachable and a team-player. However, I'm not too keen on seeing them just have Mitchell make the odd quip that just plot-drives and gives him no real storyline.

They've got to realise the actor is there for the full season and write him as such.

I agree that I really would love to see him out on the mission giving authorative commands that are acted upon - why shy away from that when he is the SG Leader, after all? We know it's more than part of his character to brook no nonsense from the way he did come down on the Lt. Like you, I would like to see this portrayed whilst out in the field, to stop this questioning of his leadership skills all the time, in certain quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                        Hey everyone, I'm Cpt. Ritter and I really like Cameron Mitchell, he's got some really big shoes to fill, I think he's doing a great job for just coming on the show. As for the 2nd half of this season, I want to see what they can do with him. Merry Christmas to your all, I see ship possibilities for Mitchell too, but I won't go into them. He's a great stand alone character.
                        Hi Cpt. Ritter... Glad you are appreciating the rather daunting task that Ben has taken on. It's been really nice and slow but after this initial settling period in to the show, I'm really hoping that Ben gets the real chance to get into some gritty acting. He's more than perfectly able to fill that gap. He's a different style obviously, but a wonderful choice all the same.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda
                          Also, why is Ben's Mitchell character being prominently featured in the quick-cut promos for Season Nine, Part Two when the character hasn't really had much focus in the previous ten episodes? I find that use of advertising Ben's involvement misleading and frustrating as a fan of his work. It just makes me want to see more Ben and angry when that doesn't happen.
                          Don't you just love bait and switch! It makes what has been happening with Mitchell in the first half of this season even more fustrating!

Comment

Maybe someone can explain to me why "Mitchell" isn't getting any close-ups?
                            Yeah me too! That's not a vanity question either. There's a reason why you come in close on an actor when he is delivering lines. We communicate so much of what we are feeling and thinking with facial expressions and what shows in our eyes. When they stay so far out on his lines, they make it harder for the audience to get the opportunity to pick up anything beyond actual words. They are creating distance between him and the audience when they do that. Not something that you would normally want to do with a new charactor. In this case it is particularly annoying since Ben has a very expressive face.

Comment

T'ealc--witnessing the establishment of a free Jaffa State after the defeat of the Ori, decides he has itchy feet and joins Mitchell.

Mitchell--The SGC having lost most of it's funding, yet Earth's leaders being aware of the threat posed on many fronts by alien incursion, enlists Mitchell and others in covert operations. Mitchell and T'ealc are joined by the Monk (The Ties that Bind), "Dave" (that's all he said, but I still remember his name), and the female interpreter (she was very funny), these last two interviewed for team membership in Avalon. They have adventures throughout untold numbers of galaxies, using the Monk's modified space ship. (If Mitchell, as part of his under-cover duties, manages a romance here and there, all the better.)
                              Hey I'd watch that show! Sounds way more fun than what we've been getting!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                                They've got to realise the actor is there for the full season and write him as such.
                                Ben has brought such an extraordinary level of commitment to Stargate and shown a real respect for the fans and for the show. This is something that everyone involved with Stargate has readily admitted over and over again. And it's consistant with the excellent professional reputation he has built up over the years.

I'd like to see the Stargate writers, producers and directors start exhibiting the same level of commitment and respect to Ben and his charactor that Ben has extended to the show. I haven't seen anything even approaching that so far in the first half of season 9. I am hoping that January brings some episodes that will show that the Stargate producers, writers and directors are really stand up guys afterall. And Ben has definately earned the right to expect that level of commitment from them throughout the rest of his tenure on Stargate.

Comment

Working...
                                X