X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jannagalaxy
    Well,

JANET - It didn't make sense to me after 7 years why would they send in Doc Janet into a fire fight. Then it looked like Carter was more upset that Jack got wounded then Janet got killed. I know it seems cold but that's what I thought when I first saw that episode.

That Janet and O'Neill were shot in the same episode was a bad desicion. They should have killed her in a Janet centered episode but this way they took the dramatic off her death by a possible death of O'Neill.

But killing Janet was a bad desicion in any way!
    sigpic

Comment

How can you make "the worst character send off" and not include Tealc's wife, Dreyauc?

TPTB should have done a whole lot better than what they did with Teal'c and Dreyauc's relationship. Too many loose ends were left. There was no type of follow-up nor closure to were they stood with each other since "Family".

And to make matters worse in "Redemption PT 1"--there was no touching goodbyes between them; instead it was just Chris Judge shown crying over a dummy that was supposed to be the dead Dreyauc.

At least there was a bit of a follow-up and closure to Daniel and Share's relationship before Share was killed off.

Comment

i think janet and jack deserved way more attention to leaving than they got... but then the writers are all about subtle...arent they...
        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

I have to go with Jack, Janet and Jacob.

Jack: We were told nothing!
          Janet: I thought the epsiopde was very well done but there was no reason to kill her off in the first place.
          Jacob: Again there was no reason to kill him off. I like the Tok'ra and with his death it seems it was death for all the Tok'ra on the show.
          AncientsTimeline

Comment

Janet (Terribly written and completely against what existing canon orders\protocol was). Then Jonas. Then Jack.

OMG.

*Head Explodes*

They all start with J.

John Sheppard better watch out.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Janet simply because it seemed like a subplot in "Heros", she wasn't given that much story in the ep at all.

Jonas at least got a 2 parter where he was taking on one of the badest of the bad.
              For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                Janet (Terribly written and completely against what existing canon orders\protocol was). Then Jonas. Then Jack.

OMG.

*Head Explodes*

They all start with J.

John Sheppard better watch out.

I hope I won't offend some one but Jonas never impressed me that much. If he comes back it is good, if not is it good too.

It wasn't that good how they sent Jack off, but at least he can come back.

For Janet I agree with you! There was nothing dramatic about her death because the faked death of O'Neill took the dramatic off of it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dahan
                  Janet simply because it seemed like a subplot in "Heros", she wasn't given that much story in the ep at all.

Jonas at least got a 2 parter where he was taking on one of the badest of the bad.
                  Thats exactly what I mean. They made her death unimportant.
                  sigpic

Comment

Jack...because I still miss him... I mean hey, he was one of the most important persons on the show IMHO!

Comment

Originally posted by NotANumber
                      I voted for Jack in Origin. When I watched his scenes I thought he must have been really sick at the time.

The main problem I had with Janet's send-off was that TPTB never did anything to show what an invaluable asset she was meant to be to the SGC. There were no medical crises and any one-off character could be brought in to treat any illnesses.

i thought janet's death was handled well (even though they didn't *have* to kill her off ), but it was the fact that she was NEVER mentioned again that astounded me.

i would have liked a scene where sam comes into the infirmary and for just a minute forgets that janet is dead... i could see the look that crosses her face... or, sam has some trouble talking to the new doctor because she doesn't want to face that this new person is janet's replacement.

just *something* to show that this person mattered to them.

and i voted for jack's 'origin' appearance as the worst send off. and AGAIN, he's dead to the world like janet.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        i thought janet's death was handled well (even though they didn't *have* to kill her off ), but it was the fact that she was NEVER mentioned again that astounded me.

i would have liked a scene where sam comes into the infirmary and for just a minute forgets that janet is dead... i could see the look that crosses her face... or, sam has some trouble talking to the new doctor because she doesn't want to face that this new person is janet's replacement.

just *something* to show that this person mattered to them.

Out of sight, out of mind! And thats bothers me too besides the unfair handling of her death.

How long and no one in the show will speak about Jack or Hammond?
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, they've mentioned Hammond and Jack some, certainly, talked to them on the phone and such, cameos... Janet, though, I mean, she died, and indeed, they gave her that nice memorial, but to not even mention her name in any episodes prior to Heroes simply doesn't make sense. No hint of the weirdness of not having her around, having to get used to a new doctor and all that. It's as if everyone's minds had been wiped clean of all memory of Dr. Janet Fraiser. Very disrespectful on TPTB's part.

Comment

Working...
                          X