No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Comment

I really think I prefer the dark hair on Amanda - I don't know why but it looks so damn nice - tho the long blonde hair looks almost equally as nice.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          I really think I prefer the dark hair on Amanda - I don't know why but it looks so damn nice - tho the long blonde hair looks almost equally as nice.
          My favorite (other than the hair from the Dennys Illic pictures) is early season 4 (pre beneath the surface). Though, I liked her hair in the latter part of Continuum (when it was long, blonde and down with bangs.)

Comment

Yep - I loved her hair in Devide & Conquer - but I love it now too...Amanda can wear her hair in any style and it will always look great - she's just got that look.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                amanda looks great in *all* hair styles and colors it seems , but my fave is the blonde short hair, with second the blonde long hair, then the dark.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

I actually didn't like Sam's hair in Divide and Conquer. It was too... messy. I guess it's the military in me, but it was so out of regs it was nearly blinding.

I like the early seasons of hair, I think. Pre-Season 4. And there's another very narrow window where her hair wasn't too short, wasn't too long-- but I don't remember which episodes they were.

I also like the long hair she had in Atlantis. It was a great demonstrative change to indicate her maturity and growth as a character. And I like the bangs.

Comment

Oh, me too! Sorry, I'm ex-Air Force. Her Season 4 hair is my least favorite. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick her outta bed for eating crackers (as they say) and I do believe that Amanda made that messy hairstyle look good.

Regs would never have allowed that hair. Never. And a by-the-book officer like Sam? No way, José.

I thought it was only me who disliked it.

LOOOOOVE the long blonde hair.
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                      Oh, me too! Sorry, I'm ex-Air Force. Her Season 4 hair is my least favorite. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick her outta bed for eating crackers (as they say) and I do believe that Amanda made that messy hairstyle look good.

Regs would never have allowed that hair. Never. And a by-the-book officer like Sam? No way, José.

I thought it was only me who disliked it.

LOOOOOVE the long blonde hair.
                      For us the uninitiated, what is the rule about hair? I thought it just had to be above the collar or secured away from the face?

Also, iiradned Where is that picture from? she looks amazing.

Comment

AIR FORCE INSTRUCTION 36-2903 2 AUGUST 2006 Incorporating Change 1, 6 August 2007 Personnel DRESS AND PERSONAL APPEARANCE OF AIR FORCE PERSONNEL

Spoiler:
                        Table 1.5. Personal Grooming Standards (see notes).
                        L I N E 1 Hair, Overall Standard clean, well-groomed and (M & W) neat.

A Item of Grooming (M-Men, W-Women) (see Note 1).
                        B Will be have C Will not contain excessive amount of grooming aids, touch eyebrows. Hair color highlights frosting (must not be faddish). Examples of natural looking for human beings, Blonde Brunette Red Black Grey)

EXCEPTION: May be visible in front of women's flight cap. be worn in an extreme or fad style or in such a way that exceeds length or bulk standards or violates safety requirements. Protrude below the front band of properly worn headgear.

Will not: Touch the ears and only closely cut or shaved hair on the back of the neck may touch the collar. Exceed 1 1 4 inches in bulk, regardless of length and exceed 1 4 inch at the natural termination point. Contain or have any visible foreign items attached to it. 2 Hair Style (M) a tapered appearance on both sides and back, both with and without headgear.

A tapered appearance is one that when viewed from any angle outlines the individual's hair so that it conforms to the shape of the head, curving inward to the natural termination point. Block cut permitted with tapered appearance. Cleanly shaven heads, military high-and- tight, or flat top haircuts are authorized.

Will be styled to present a professional appearance. Allow the wear of conservative hairpins, combs, headbands, elastic bands and barrettes. Hair pins and bands must match hair color. Long hair will be secured with no loose end. be worn in an extreme or fad style or violate safety requirements.

Will not: Extend below any side of an invisible line drawn parallel to the ground at the bottom edge of the shirt collar regardless of length. Length will not be excessive. Include hair ornaments such as ribbons, (see note 8.) beads, jeweled pins, or hair Bangs, if worn, will not scrunchy. May not touch the eyebrows. Braids, shaved heads, military micro-braids and cornrows high-and-tight or flat top are authorized. However, haircuts. (Ban on faddish must be solid color similar to styles and cuts.) Will not the individual's hair color; prevent proper wear of conservative and not present headgear, including helmet a faddish appearance.

Syntax is wonky because I copied/pasted while on iPad.
                        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                          For us the uninitiated, what is the rule about hair? I thought it just had to be above the collar or secured away from the face?

Also, iiradned Where is that picture from? she looks amazing.
                          With the long blonde hair on this page is from a con called Avalon across the pond from the USA she attended with RDA.

Comment

OK...probably out of the regs...but she is so cute with s4 hair!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                                With the long blonde hair on this page is from a con called Avalon across the pond from the USA she attended with RDA.
                                Thanks, that's a great look for her.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                OK...probably out of the regs...but she is so cute with s4 hair!
                                Exactly!

Actually, Most hair was okay but the one that made me thing "really!?" was early season 9 - it looked to "messy" to be military.

Comment

Working...
                                X