No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched a few days ago the Gemini. I like that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Yeah - they got rid of her way too soon.
      agreed. And she was so scary, because while you knew that Amanda played both of them, there were visible differences - especially in her expressions.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
        agreed. And she was so scary, because while you knew that Amanda played both of them, there were visible differences - especially in her expressions.
        RepliCarter is a prime example of why I love watching Amanda Tapping. We first see it in Point of View, when there are two versions of her. They're very similar, but also vastly different. And as said above, it's in the little things. The minutiae of the details AT puts into her performances is something I just haven't found anywhere else. It could be as subtle as the tilt of her head or the set of her chin, the squaring of her shoulders or the most subtle of affectations in her tone to make it smoother than her average technoramble.

Sanctuary has let us see this kind of performance as well, with the flashbacks of a younger Helen, not as jaded or experienced. Season 4 spoilers:
        Spoiler:
        The most jarring comparison I've seen would be AT vs Robin Dunne when he had to be Adam Worth in Chimera (season 4). Not that RD was all that terrible, but it makes AT's nuanced performances as AU Carter, RepliCarter, and younger!Helen all the more amazing to me.
        Her performances are all so seamless, making them all different, and yet also sharing of the same character. It's a fine line, and never once does she cross the line into obvious, cliche, or caricature.

Again, it's something I haven't found anywhere else, and why I keep coming back for more.

Comment

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
            RepliCarter is a prime example of why I love watching Amanda Tapping. We first see it in Point of View, when there are two versions of her. They're very similar, but also vastly different. And as said above, it's in the little things. The minutiae of the details AT puts into her performances is something I just haven't found anywhere else. It could be as subtle as the tilt of her head or the set of her chin, the squaring of her shoulders or the most subtle of affectations in her tone to make it smoother than her average technoramble.

Sanctuary has let us see this kind of performance as well, with the flashbacks of a younger Helen, not as jaded or experienced. Season 4 spoilers:
            Spoiler:
            The most jarring comparison I've seen would be AT vs Robin Dunne when he had to be Adam Worth in Chimera (season 4). Not that RD was all that terrible, but it makes AT's nuanced performances as AU Carter, RepliCarter, and younger!Helen all the more amazing to me.
            Her performances are all so seamless, making them all different, and yet also sharing of the same character. It's a fine line, and never once does she cross the line into obvious, cliche, or caricature.

Again, it's something I haven't found anywhere else, and why I keep coming back for more.
            Bolding mine - I completely agree. It fascinates me. The sanctuary comparison is apt.

The first time I noticed this ability in a big way was "entity" - boy did she creep me out. that glassy eyed look and the dead voice. I didn't know you could do that on purpose! I mean, there are actors out there that are pretty wooden but you could tell she did it on purpose because when she became Sam again there was a noticeable difference.

Comment

sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Because I like these pictures of AT but would rather she were wearing a shirt; I added one. That just looks classier IMHO.

Comment

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post

Spoiler:

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post

The first time I noticed this ability in a big way was "entity" - boy did she creep me out. that glassy eyed look and the dead voice. I didn't know you could do that on purpose! I mean, there are actors out there that are pretty wooden but you could tell she did it on purpose because when she became Sam again there was a noticeable difference.
                      I couldn't have said it any better. Sooooooooooo true!!!
                      sigpic
                      Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X