No announcement yet.

Cameron Mitchell/Vala Mal Doran Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes cuz every J/A shipper knwos that Ben and Claudia have great chemestry together... *smirks*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
      If it's the same as the others, you go to the last post in the thread, copy the list of names and numbers, hit reply, paste the list, then change one number + and one -. Stef, I hope that's how you're doing it, sorry if I got it wrong.
      Yup. I just used the same method as everyone else does for those games, although I'm allowing pics with votes...just because it makes things pretty (and I pretty much like ALL of the pairings listed-to varying degrees-so I can just snurch some )

Originally posted by CarterONeill View Post
      Always hot..........If only they had been smart enough to use this chemistry on Stargate........DOH!!!!
      Well, in all fairness, they did start pairing them together more towards the second half of the season (see "The Quest Pt.2" "Bounty" and "Bad Guys"). I actually remember hearing, when I only knew a little bit about SG-1, that TPTB were going to purposely keep them apart in order to avoid a Farscape: Part 2.

I also think that they were kept apart because they were the two newbies...TPTB probably wanted to integrate them with the team before they had them go off on their own. One thing I learned from my soap-watching years is that you NEVER have scenes between two new characters...always show how they relate to the established characters first. Once they've been accepted by the audience, then allow them to interact with each other. I think if Cam/Vala were paired up a lot in the early days, people would have just dismissed them.

Although, it really makes me wish we had gotten a season 11. I think we would have seen more Cam/Vala I'm crossing my fingers for the movies, but I get the feeling that we'll be getting more....
      Spoiler:
      ...Tomin/Vala (and Daniel/Vala). Not that I have a huge problem with that because I love both of those pairings too. Maybe we could at least get a moment like in "Dominion" where he's concerned for her Besides, I hear Daniel will be missing while they interrogate Tomin. So maybe when Vala gets upset about it, Cam will be there for her. I'm hoping for that at least.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Agree with Stef on AoT..
        AoT/TQ2
        Spoiler:

For me, one of the best bits in TQ2 was that talk between them, the way he cuts through the BS and makes her think.

And again I agree on the wishing for a s11 (don't we all...) because I think they could have done so much more with the characters, since they've been all integrated and so on.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!!

Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
            Well, in all fairness, they did start pairing them together more towards the second half of the season (see "The Quest Pt.2" "Bounty" and "Bad Guys"). I actually remember hearing, when I only knew a little bit about SG-1, that TPTB were going to purposely keep them apart in order to avoid a Farscape: Part 2.

I also think that they were kept apart because they were the two newbies...TPTB probably wanted to integrate them with the team before they had them go off on their own. One thing I learned from my soap-watching years is that you NEVER have scenes between two new characters...always show how they relate to the established characters first. Once they've been accepted by the audience, then allow them to interact with each other. I think if Cam/Vala were paired up a lot in the early days, people would have just dismissed them.

Although, it really makes me wish we had gotten a season 11. I think we would have seen more Cam/Vala I'm crossing my fingers for the movies, but I get the feeling that we'll be getting more....
            Spoiler:
            ...Tomin/Vala (and Daniel/Vala). Not that I have a huge problem with that because I love both of those pairings too. Maybe we could at least get a moment like in "Dominion" where he's concerned for her Besides, I hear Daniel will be missing while they interrogate Tomin. So maybe when Vala gets upset about it, Cam will be there for her. I'm hoping for that at least.

-Stef
            I really loved those eps.

I see what your saying about integrating them with the team first, never thought of it that way but does make sense to me now.

I'm hoping the same for the movies also but would have loved a season 11.

Comment

S11 would have been nice
              sigpic

Comment

There was that scene in Avalon (?) where Vala mentionned that the gene pool was limited and Cam and Daniel looked at each other. I heard somewhere that Cam and Daniel were kept seperate for a while as they didn't want the audience (especially any newbies to SG-1) to get Cam and Daniel confused... so Vala went with Daniel and poor Cam was left to his own devices...lol

Continuum
                Spoiler:
                I haven't seen many spoilers for AoT so I'm not entirely sure what it's about other than the obvious were Dominion left off. Continuum is the one I'm hearing most news about with Jack being back etc. Unsure about the time travel bit, they did it in Mobieus and it worked ok but you can really screw things up, or have the old reset button pushed for any character developments that happen. Wouldnt' it be great if they shipped Cam and Vala in the alternate timeline! Yah, I know, not gonna happen, but someone (not me!! too much to do already) could write a great fic along those lines...
                sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

200:

Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

Hmmm... Cam and Vala, alone in the Alkesh.... (we can't see the others, so they're alone... )
                      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Love that shot Toomi. The thing that bugged me is that they didn't really integrate them. They pretty much shoved Claudia into the Daniel scenes and frankly, in my opinion only here, there was no chemistry there. I know some people ship D/V but I loathed it. Claudia had a few scenes where she tried to bring out the depth in Vala but since she was stuck doing the scene with Michael, it only worked on her side. I didn't feel any sympathy coming from Daniel. In the few scenes that Vala and Cameron have had, you actually get to see Vala's deeper emotions because Ben brings his half of the emotions to the scene. Poor Ben was pretty much left to his own devices with a few lines that said "Here's my backstory, I've been here, you just didnt' see me." The one episode they did give them........

Spoiler:
                          Bounty........they just wasted them, playing it all for laughs. Not to say that Ben and Claud can't do comedy, they've proven they can, but the writing on Stargate is just not up to the Farscape standard. Am I biased? Sure because I always thought Farscape was the superior show. I watched both shows from the beginning, so I am judging on experience.

I do agree the later scenes played much better, but I still don't think they gave them enough. I think they realized to late what they had in Ben and Claudia.

I'd sell my mother for another Farscape movie!!! LOLOLOL
                          HEIDI

sigpic

Comment

You've got some great points CarterOneill. When I started watching season 9 I was a little irked about how they introduced Cam. Vala we had met earlier, and I thought her 're-entry' was hilarious and perfect to her character but for the first few eps it almost seemed like Cam didn't fit.

I wish TPTB would've used the chemistry between BB and CB to make the introductions a little smoother and less choppy (that's how I saw Cam's intro... awkward.) I can understand their reluctance to have the John and Aeryn meet Stargate show, but these are talented actors and can pull it off.

The scenes we've had in the last few eps have proven that these two characters can be in the same room together without the entire team hovering around. Hopefully we'll get some of that in the movies.
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree with what you are both saying and wish it could have happened myself, but if you remember when news came out about BB and CB being on the show there was a lot of......(hate actually) aimed at them.

In an earlier post I stated I understood why to intergrate them made sense, if they had put them together right away, I think it would have alienated a lot of people.

That being said I totally disagree with the way they threw Daniel and Vala together. It irked me to no end. To me there is no chemestry.
                              Last edited by SciFiFan; 03 June 2007, 10:49 PM. Reason: I started ranting and had to delete

Comment

great pics kate, liked your caption for the one in the Alkesh, they are diffinently alone

Comment

Working...
                                X