Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Character Appreciation Thread ( Spoilers for all seasons SG1/SGA)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom
    Shhh! He's infiltrating a top-level meeting between the system lords. He must rely on his cunning, his guile, and his adorable good looks to keep from getting killed...

And being short, he can just, um, waddle underneath the radar!

J.
    "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

It's always a good idea to help out Walter - the overworked, underappreciated gem of the SGC!
      sigpic

Comment

I miss Grogan. He's such a cutie. Wonder if we'll ever see him again...

Comment

This is to replace the unflattering picture previously displayed.
          Last edited by Nolamom; 28 June 2004, 03:01 PM. Reason: replace picture
          sigpic

Comment

Some pics are more flattering than others, hehehehe.
            It looks like Fluffy has just bitten him in a very tender part of his anatomy!!
            sigpic

Comment

Ah yes. Well, thank you for curing me of any desire to see Grogan again.

Y'know, if this thread is gonna go to the dogs, I'd best take my catty self elsewhere.

Comment

Some pics are more flattering than others, hehehehe.
                LOL! What a terrible pic.
                It looks like he's about to sneeze!
                Last edited by SeaBee; 28 June 2004, 07:05 AM. Reason: point taken.
                sigpic

Comment

Is it absolutely necessary to continue copying the pic- ANY pic- over in replies?

As a reaffirmation of what this thread is supposed to be about, I love the underdogs. I love the forgotten characters, the background-fillers, the poor slobs who get stuck doing all the dirty work while the main characters grab all the glory. I love the minor players, the unnamed masses, the "small but vital roles" without which Stargate could never hope to be great. I believe that insignificant doesn't mean unnecessary and that unpopularity is not a reason to execute someone.

I love a great many of the characters we've met (or at least seen) over the years, but out of fear of what pics will be posted and what comments will be made, I shall not name them again.

Comment

But Shadow! You remind us all of the great unsung characters. I promise not to post unflattering pics (well, not toooo unflattering! hehehe).

As for quoting the picture - yeah, that's really unnecessary. I make the pics into gifs so that they load as quickly as possible, but double and triple copies of them (as in quotes) is going a bit far I think.
                    sigpic

Comment

Point taken. I apologise if I have offended by copying the pic in my previous post and have edited it out.
                      sigpic

Comment

Actually it's rather flattering to be quoted (pic and all), but it's a valid point that for folks on dial-up connections it slows things down.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think it's also valid to point out that this was intended as a fun Thread for ALL Posters !
                          No need for anyone to feel bad for an honest mistake .
                          The triplicate pic is gone.Obviously not everyone knows about the stuff about straining bandwidths.
                          The apology has been made by SB,so hopefully you won't hold it against him.

In my own case, I'm off now to the "Fluffy" Thread, where you'd have found exactly the same error.

I also apologise for MY mistake.(Grin)

(This is aimed as a friendly Post btw ! But I'm trying not to put up the wrong emoticons !!)
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 June 2004, 07:40 AM. Reason: Edited for...wait for it..Typo !! LOL ! (I've found my specs )
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            I love a great many of the characters we've met (or at least seen) over the years, but out of fear of what pics will be posted and what comments will be made, I shall not name them again.
                            Relax, Shadow.I love the Underdogs too !
                            I'm not making fun of your genuine feelings and I don't intend to ever start.
                            Please don't take offense, to the extent that you feel you can't enjoy this Thread any more.Pretty Please ????

To be honest,I wish my real life friends understood my pleas for the Underdog SG Characters !!
                            They universally despise RM, and can't see the attraction he and David Hewlett have for me,.......but I refuse to let that get me down .

"Every dog has his/her day" .....in a few months time,my so-called RL friends will eat their words,I'm sure !!

"Ya Sure Ya Betcha !"( B.E.G !)
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              As a reaffirmation of what this thread is supposed to be about, I love the underdogs. I love the forgotten characters, the background-fillers, the poor slobs who get stuck doing all the dirty work while the main characters grab all the glory. I love the minor players, the unnamed masses, the "small but vital roles" without which Stargate could never hope to be great. I believe that insignificant doesn't mean unnecessary and that unpopularity is not a reason to execute someone.
                              Where would we be without the guy that polishes the Stargate? It would seem a lot less glorious to be walking through a dingy gate.

Comment

Sorry, guys, but as this is an appreciation thread, I find it rather down-putting to have my choice called ugly and to be portrayed and referred to in deliberately unflattering ways. If this thread were ONLY about those who are "hot" or those who look good in every single shot ever taken of them, this thread would be a lot thinner.

I know it was meant all in good fun and maybe it's just the reptition of the pic that makes it bothersome to me, but my original comment about Grogan was made in an attempt to get this thread back on topic in a polite way and instead it seemed to make matters worse. I guess that didn't help, either. Thanks for understanding. Sorry to be such a downer.

Comment

Working...
                                X