Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just loved The Curse, with all the archeological activites. Even though the scripts for some of the others were better (There but for the Grace of God, Serpent's Lair, and several others) I just had to vote for that!

Bella

Comment

I voted for Meridian, but it was a tough choice between that and Reckoning P2.
      I decided on Meridian because even though he helped save the whole galaxy in Reckoning, in Meridian he was willing to sacrifice his life just for the people of one planet. Now to me that is more noble than saving a galaxy. If he hadn't given his life to save the galaxy then they're would be no point in living anyway because everyone would die anyways and all his friends and loved ones would be dead. So he really had no choice. It was either die to save everyone else, or die along with everyone else.
      But in Meridian he had a choise. He could have gone away with SG-1 and left the people of that planet to die, i mean in the grand scheme of things its only one planet out of goodness knows how many. But he chose not to leave them even though the destruction of the planet would have no implications for him, SG-1, or the Tauri. Even knowing this he still gave his life and to me that makes Daniel a hero. He valued the lives of those people, that he'd only known for a short while, so much he was not willing to let them die if he could do something. His compassion and heroism is shown further by the fact that even Jonas wasn't willing to sacrifice his life to save his own world and people.

LOL, bit of a long explanation there but i never know if i'm explaining myself good enough

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
      ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

ummm... well i had to go with meridian since he dies to save others! and it got us an excellent danny storyline at the same time!!

Comment

I agree, he was a good hero in that one. He made the ultimate sacrafice.

Good episode - who says hero's can't wear glasses, sheesh!
          Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

That's a pretty clear win for Reckoning II, with Meridian also high enough to go into the final. Next poll coming soon...

Madeleine

Comment

I voted for Meridian but it's really a tie with Reckoning II. It's a very tough choice between all episodes... our hero... I don't think I've ever come across anyone quite like Daniel... When will Daniel get a medal dam it???

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                I voted for Reckoning (Part II) but there has been a few great episodes for Daniel where he is the hero so it was a hard choice.

The way he handled himself once connected with RepliCarter was brilliant and it was the way he spoke with her about her lying to him and "trying to leave. Sorry abit more time in Danny's world" was ace.
                yes, and double yes. That quote is one of my favourites.Ever.

Comment

Oy! Throwing polls out of their abyss.

Interesting to see the different aspects of "hero" in this one, tho. You mgot here episodes where his character was centred mainly around the more "regular" hero-point - Reckoning for example, stopping the baddies himself. Then you have the episodes that are more true to Daniel's nature - Enemy Mine where he stops the disaster by his diplomacy or humanism - or jsut by being there, like the Curse or There but for the Grace of God - and Meridian, where his heroism, while being shown in a central light, isn't the point of the episode at all.
                  Kinda makes you wonder what the definition of a "hero" would be
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I think Daniel's best hero episode was 'Forever in a Day', the one where he tried to get Share back but then Teal'c shot her, it's a pinacle of what he's wanted for a long time and in a way he was a hero (emotionally)
                    "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Working...
                    X