This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seshat
    See, this is why I was lobbying for a "Best Death" poll as well. I think that Meridian has the best, and saddest, death scene. Made me cry, too.

I believed that Daniel knew there could be no other outcome for himself but death by the end of Reckoning. Whereas he knew (and we knew) from the beginning of Meridian. That he was helping to save the entire galaxy was what tilted the scales to Reckoning for me. But like I said, it was a really tough choice. Lots of good reasons all over the place for most of the eps listed.

Can't wait to see how many times he'll die in Season 9! Maybe we should start a contest?
    Well, I don't know how many times he will die but,
    Spoiler:
    he gets whumped at least twice, according to Michael at the Vancouver con.
    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MMTripBobSally
      I already voted, but I wasn't sure if I was suposed to go for the best episode in the bunch, or the episode that showed Daniel being a hero the best...
      Also to Dani:

It's up to you. When this poll is done there'll be a "Best Daniel the Explorer / Scholar episode" poll, then "Best Loopy Daniel ep" then another.... And at the end, all the winners & honourable mentions will get put in an uberpoll to find the BEST DANIEL EPISODE OF ALL

Madeleine

Comment

See, this is why I was lobbying for a "Best Death" poll as well.
        That might still happen . Most eps are in single categories, but there are already a couple with entries in more than ome poll. All of his deaths are already in various polls, but I might shove them into another later on.

Madeleine

Comment

You mean it's up to me if I want to change my vote, right? But I don't see how to change it. It just says you've already voted, but no (from what I can see) way to change the vote.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I voted for Reckoning (Part II) but there has been a few great episodes for Daniel where he is the hero so it was a hard choice.

The way he handled himself once connected with RepliCarter was brilliant and it was the way he spoke with her about her lying to him and "trying to leave. Sorry abit more time in Danny's world" was ace.

Comment

Hmmm...this is tough!

In Serpents Lair Daniel helps save the Earth. And, he dies.
              In Meridian he saves a whole planet. And, he dies. (Well, to all intents and purposes.)
              In Scorched Earth he saves a planet's population AND an entire alien civilization. (Doesn't die though.)
              While in Reckoning Part 2 he helps save a whole GALAXY, AND dies.

I vote for Reckoning Part 2!

lol. Certainly hasn't lowered his standards, huh?
              thankee toasteronfire

Comment

I chose Meridian

IMVHO...There's no contest...PLUS he chooses death...ascension...whatever
                Spoiler:
                rather getting stabbed and then joining Oma for some waffles

JMO
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Ohhh this was a tough one between Meridian and Reckoning II...but i finally chose Reckoning II

Lizbeth
                  das haus ist gelb. ich liebe gelb!!

MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                    Also to Dani:

It's up to you. When this poll is done there'll be a "Best Daniel the Explorer / Scholar episode" poll, then "Best Loopy Daniel ep" then another.... And at the end, all the winners & honourable mentions will get put in an uberpoll to find the BEST DANIEL EPISODE OF ALL
                    Ohhhhh, that good to know! Now I have an excuse to break out the DVDs that the 'brood' can't complain about...okay, maybe they can, but I won't be listening! I'll be watching!

~DW
                    It was the precious...the precious made me do it!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      I chose Meridian

IMVHO...There's no contest...PLUS he chooses death...ascension...whatever
                      Spoiler:
                      rather getting stabbed and then joining Oma for some waffles

JMO
                      LOL! Well, you know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Comment

LOL! Well, you know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
                        But breakfast
                        Spoiler:
                        with Anubis
                        , I don't think it would agree very well with my stomach.
                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I think that Daniel hits full stride as a hero in "Reckoning 2".

It's been interesting to watch his character develop over the past seasons from a enthusiastic boy wonder to a more mature and savvy member of SG-1.....he's always seemed destined for the unusual, even before all the ascension stuff started.

It was great to see him come into his own......

(And he even left behind one of the best catch-phrases in SG-1---"A little more time in Danny's world!")

Comment

I chose Reckoning Part II because I felt RepliCarter is the toughest enemy he's ever had to deal with, and how he dealt with her was AMAZING.

Plus, I think that situation took the most courage of any he'd been through. I have no idea how to do spoiler text, so I just made it white here: He was so alone, he knew eventually she'd kill him and there was nothing he could do. He'd heard about the hand-in-the-head deal, but never experienced it. And unlike every other time he'd been tortured for info, this was one time he could not stop her from getting it. The fact that he triumphed over all this was just jaw-droppingly cool.
                            The Hathor Legacy: What TV and Film are Really Saying about Women.

My Stargate Fanfiction

Comment

I say Meridian. Daniel saved millions of lives (Kelowna) without any regard for his own, and sacrificing himself.....knowing the radiation would be fatal to him.
                              sigpic
                              Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Hard choice. Meridian was... well, it still makes me ill thinking about it. I chose Reckoning II, though, because A) he was actually saving the universe, B) the way he outwitted RepliCarter was AWESOME, and C) he had time to think about what he was doing, while in Meridian there was only time for action; he knew in Reckoning II there was no coming back if he died this time.

He's a true hero. I just hope there's no dying for him in S9.

Dana Jeanne
                                Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Working...
                                X