Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockwave
    First of all,

I have to say the CB is a great actress, and post-RDA stargate wouldn't have been as good without her. She bring so much energy to the show and is so much fun to watch. When you first read the casting descriptions for guest character "Vala" for Prometheus Unbound, you wouldn't have expected her to become a regular someday. If they just cast some random actress, and didn't offer CB the role, we probably would have never seen the character again (let stand her being a regular), and season 9 would have missed her humor and presence. I don't think there are many other actresses around who could play this character so strong. Claudia Black is perfect as Vala and nobody else could have played this character. Also what makes the success of Vala, I think, is that she replaced no one. Mitchell kinda replaces Jack and Landry replaces Jack and Hammond. Vala is kinda a suprise that just popped up, and letting her grip away would just be a waste. Season 9 would have a lacked without her (with RDA gone). Vala is not like any other SG character before. She isn't nice like carter is. She isn't a saint. When season 9 started, she was pretty much the lying thief she was in Prometheus Unbound. She gone through such a evolution in season 9 and 10. Its sad to see there will be no season 11. I'd love to see more backstory of her, more of her life as Quetesh, her homeworld, her time before becoming a host, and also her time before meeting Daniel, and between PU and Avalon.
    Let's hope we'll see more of Vala in the mini-series, the movie or whatever TPTB will be able to give us in the future.
    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by cat
      just watched aol vignette #8 and only have one word

SQUEEEEEEEEEE
      I can hardly wait to see this episode. Is it Friday yet?

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
        Welcome back VMD
        Thank you!
        I'm happy to be back again.

A.
        VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

page two?! for shame! here's some lovely Claudia...

(thanks claudiablack.de, obviously)

btw smoking is bad for you!

Comment

Originally posted by iheartvala
            page two?! for shame! here's some lovely Claudia...

(thanks claudiablack.de, obviously)

btw smoking is bad for you!
            Yeah, I hope Claudia quit smoking in RL...

Comment

I've just got my copy of Starburst Special #76 magazine, there's an interview with Claudia in it, I'm going to scan it tomorrow so it will soon appear at CBP

Comment

Yeah, I hope Claudia quit smoking in RL...
                I've never heard that she did smoke in RL.

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                I've just got my copy of Starburst Special #76 magazine, there's an interview with Claudia in it, I'm going to scan it tomorrow so it will soon appear at CBP
                Thank you!

A.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                  I've never heard that she did smoke in RL.
                  Unfortunately she did. I've even recall the story that during one of the Farscape cons in Burbank (2001 I think), she and Tammy McIntosh were "caught" outside with the cigarettes by some of the Scapers and they were begging not to tell anybody...

Comment

Whooo... thanks

About the smoking. I don't think it is our business if Claudia or Tammy McIntosh are smoking.

I myself think that everyone should stop smoking .

Comment

Unfortunately she did. I've even recall the story that during one of the Farscape cons in Burbank (2001 I think), she and Tammy McIntosh were "caught" outside with the cigarettes by some of the Scapers and they were begging not to tell anybody...
                      Me likes trivia stories.

But...

Originally posted by valaCB
                      Whooo... thanks

About the smoking. I don't think it is our business if Claudia or Tammy McIntosh are smoking.
                      You're right.

I myself think that everyone should stop smoking .
                      Right again. Fortunately I've never started. I'm the kind of person that would have a hard time giving it up.
                      When I was in 12th grade ( that's almost 10 years ago ) suddenly the 12-13 year old girls started to smoke. You needed Xenon lights to avoid getting lost in the toilet!
                      The funny thing is they're trying so hard to look cool that they just appear ridiculous. Very few persons look cool with a cigarette. Mainly because they're also cool without one.

Back on topic.....

A.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                        Right again. Fortunately I've never started. I'm the kind of person that would have a hard time giving it up.
                        When I was in 12th grade ( that's almost 10 years ago ) suddenly the 12-13 year old girls started to smoke. You needed Xenon lights to avoid getting lost in the toilet!
                        The funny thing is they're trying so hard to look cool that they just appear ridiculous. Very few persons look cool with a cigarette. Mainly because they're also cool without one.
                        I must confess that I used to smoke, but I did quit about 10 years ago now
                        And not for health issues, they were the second priority, but for economical reasons, I did a math, how much money I was spending on cigarettes monthly and how many CDs I would have bought for the same amount of money. Music won

Back on topic.....

A.
                        Great pic, thanks

Comment

OT: I think you've read the news already that Steve Irwin, the "Croc Hunter" was killed this morning by the stingray during filming underwater documentary? - http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/..._tv/obit_irwin

Comment

I must confess that I used to smoke, but I did quit about 10 years ago now
                            Congratulations!
                            It is unbelievably expensive.

OT: I think you've read the news already that Steve Irwin, the "Croc Hunter" was killed this morning by the stingray during filming underwater documentary? - http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/..._tv/obit_irwin
                            Yeah, it's a shame. He was always living on the edge but to die in such a freak incident doing something relatively harmless is a cruel twist of fate.

A.

Comment

Hello all long time,
                              have I missed any thing? Well I guess I have to siff through.
                              Anyway how great was vala in Counterstrike (loved the ep). Now that Adria is back and all grown up I'm really looking forwards to see how their relationship will unfold.
                              I keep thinking that Vala is some how the key to defeating Adria but hey just a speculation.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis
                                Hello all long time,
                                have I missed any thing? Well I guess I have to siff through.
                                Anyway how great was vala in Counterstrike (loved the ep). Now that Adria is back and all grown up I'm really looking forwards to see how their relationship will unfold.
                                I keep thinking that Vala is some how the key to defeating Adria but hey just a speculation.
                                Hello travis, long time no see! Not sure whether you were around when SciFi announced that they're NOT RENEWING Stargate SG-1 for season 11... There's Hypaspace's coverage on this and you can see Chris Judge, Michael Shanks, Claudia and Ben Browder talking about it - you can download it from HERE Vala was really great in Counterstrike episode and I love the most Bra'tac's comment about her at the end of the episode. We'll see Adria again in Quest pt. 1 I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X