Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sp4ceM0nkey
    Ah, thanks Formerhost (love your name btw). I`ve actually been hanging around here ever since Prometheus Unbound was aired. I`m just too lazy to post, yup I`m actually that lazy. But right now I`m just so bored at work I had to do something "constructive"...

Oh, and Claudia rocks... incase anyone was wondering how I felt about her
    Joining us here is definitely "constructive" I guess you're familiar with "Farscape" too? What else have you seen Claudia in?

Comment

Yeah, after I saw Claudia on Stargate I went out and got all the episodes of Farscape and loved every second of it. I really liked how they used humor in that show, although most of the comedy was done by Ben
      Haven`t seen the miniseries that end Farscape. I`m saving that for a special moment... or is it that I just don`t have the heart to watch the END...
      And ofcourse I had to pull PitchBlack out of my collection when I realized she was in it hehe
      xxxxxXXXXX XMom says I`m prettyX XXXXXxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Sp4ceM0nkey
        Yeah, after I saw Claudia on Stargate I went out and got all the episodes of Farscape and loved every second of it. I really liked how they used humor in that show, although most of the comedy was done by Ben
        Haven`t seen the miniseries that end Farscape. I`m saving that for a special moment... or is it that I just don`t have the heart to watch the END...
        And ofcourse I had to pull PitchBlack out of my collection when I realized she was in it hehe
        Miniseries is NOT the END, there're still open door for more in the future and it's definitely MUST SEE!!! After all both Ben and Claudia won THE BEST TV ACTORS Saturns last year for it

Comment

Comment

Claudia's acting as Huna was almost too good in Beastmaster. I could easily believe her character and her story, but had problems with the rest of the cast. A bit like *whispers* someone tell Huna that the others are just actors.

Btw, cool look.

A.
            VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Here's an old Farscape article that I came across while searching for a fic. It was written shortly before S4 started.

http://www.teevee.org/archive/2002/05/14/

I especially like this:

Black's marvelously expressive face, like the great Emma Thompson's, allows her to say more with one longing glance than she could with a whole monologue.

A.
              VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                Here's an old Farscape article that I came across while searching for a fic. It was written shortly before S4 started.

A.
                It's really a nice article
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran

I especially like this:

A.
                  Really nice article, thanks for link! And it's so true, Claudia's face, her eyes can say so much more than words.

Comment

Comment

These are great pics Formerhost

I know i've post it in Sony but here it is again
                      Trivia & Notes from TV.com

1. She played Karina in the 1997 movie "Amazon High". (Edit)

2. She played Shazza in the 2000 movie "Pitch Black". (Edit)

3. She played Pandora in the 2002 movie "Queen of the Damned". (Edit)

4. She played the voice of Lady Briana in the 2003 movie "Lords of Everquest". (Edit)

5. She is currently pregnant with her first child. Her pregnancy was written into the Stargate SG-1 Season Nine finale "Crusade" and "Camelot". (Edit)

6. She made her first appearances on both Farscape and Stargate SG-1 wearing a black, bulky military uniform. In both cases, the main lead of the series in question, Ben Browder and Michael Shanks respectively, first thought she was a man and, soon after discovering she was not, was physically assaulted by her. (Edit)

7. She is 5'9". (Edit)

8. Before appearing on Stargate SG-1, and subsequently joining the cast, she had never seen a single episode of the series. (Edit)

9. She claims that her Farscape co-star Ben Browder always brushed his teeth before they had a kissing scene. (Edit)

10. Pasta is one of her favourite foods. (Edit)

11. In early and late 2002, she was one of Entertainment Weekly's 2002 'IT' girls. (Edit)

12. For their honeymoon in 2004, she and her husband spent two months in Italy. (Edit)

13. On stage, she has portrayed Portia in Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice. Her performance greatly impressed the critics. (Edit)

14. She lived in London, England, for several years. (Edit)

15. She enjoys listening to music. (Edit)

16. She has a sister. (Edit)

17. She enjoys rollerblading. (Edit)

18. For her role in Farscape she won the fan voted Roswell awards for Best Actress in 2001 and 2002. (Edit)

19. She owns a G3 laptop. (Edit)

20. She has starred in two unrelated science fiction series with Ben Browder: Farscape and Stargate SG-1. (Edit)

21. Claudia drives a silver VW Golf but her favourite method of transport is rollerblading. (Edit)

22. She enjoys meeting people and counts travel among her favourite pastimes. (Edit)

23. She relaxes by doing yoga, listening to music and watching television. (Edit)

24. She delayed her 2004 wedding to star in the Farscape mini-series: "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars." (Edit)

25. She won the 31st Annual Saturn award for Best Actress on Television in 2005. (Edit)

26. She provided the voice of Artemis in the console game God of War. (Edit)

27. In 2000, she was crowned Best Actress by TV Zone Magazine. (Edit)

28. In 2000, she was nominated for the Saturn Award's Best Actress category. (Edit)

29. Her favorite cereal is Lucky Charms. She discovered them while she and her family were living in London. (Edit)

30. Voice of Aeryn Sun in "Farscape: The Game" (2002) (PC). (Edit)

31. Height: 5' 9" (175 cm) (Edit)
                      Last edited by valaCB; 26 February 2006, 12:46 AM.

Comment

5. is no longer true, as her baby boy was born on December

19. we don't know what kind of laptop she owns NOW, as far as I remember that G3 was stolen from her

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                          19. we don't know what kind of laptop she owns NOW, as far as I remember that G3 was stolen from her
                          Oh, that's bad!
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala
                            Oh, that's bad!
                            Well, it was a few years ago, Claudia told us about it at Farscape's SciFi board, actually her house was robbed 3 or 4 times...

Comment

Well, it was a few years ago, Claudia told us about it at Farscape's SciFi board, actually her house was robbed 3 or 4 times...
                              Spoiler:

Comment

P.s - Another positive Vala thread http://mboard.scifi.com/showflat.php...page=0&fpart=1

Last edited by valaCB; 26 February 2006, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X