No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big frell, I see it's really serious case of depression now...

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
      Big frell, I see it's really serious case of depression now...
      well...its ok. there'r more things to do than watch SG1 I guess i learned that i love the actress more than the series

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
        well...its ok. there'r more things to do than watch SG1 I guess i learned that i love the actress more than the series
        The same here, although I knew it from the start, but I must admit that the 9th season of SG-1 is definitely the best of all and it's thanks to Claudia

Comment

The same here, although I knew it from the start, but I must admit that the 9th season of SG-1 is definitely the best of all and it's thanks to Claudia
          I like seaon 4 and 6 also, because of Jonas

Comment

I have to say this, and please remember I am a huge fan of CB, but if you have been watching SG-1 and posting here, simply because of CB portraying Vala......you just didn't get it. SHE loved the show and has stated she would love to return, but as you will be leaving, you won't get to see if she does.

I'm hoping she does. When Farscape was so rudely cancelled, I was very upset, but I watched The Peacekeeper Wars......even if it was just an exucse for a wrap up. I watched because I loved the series, not just CB or another actor in it.

I guess that's why we all have opinions, it makes things interesting. I'm just sorry you won't be giving SG-1 a chance, as it is a very good series, with great characters and actors, now including Ben Browder. And if you watched the character of San Carter, played so wonderfully by Amanda Tapping, you might find CB isn't the only strong female on a SciFi series.

Just my poor 2 cents......
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              I have to say this, and please remember I am a huge fan of CB, but if you have been watching SG-1 and posting here, simply because of CB portraying Vala......you just didn't get it. SHE loved the show and has stated she would love to return, but as you will be leaving, you won't get to see if she does.

I'm hoping she does. When Farscape was so rudely cancelled, I was very upset, but I watched The Peacekeeper Wars......even if it was just an exucse for a wrap up. I watched because I loved the series, not just CB or another actor in it.

I guess that's why we all have opinions, it makes things interesting. I'm just sorry you won't be giving SG-1 a chance, as it is a very good series, with great characters and actors, now including Ben Browder. And if you watched the character of San Carter, played so wonderfully by Amanda Tapping, you might find CB isn't the only strong female on a SciFi series.

I never liked Carter. the two characters that i loved is Jack and Teal'c (and Jonas). The stories is too technical for me there is not enough deep in the characters. I only saw it for the ideas, i LOVE the ideas in the series and i really LOVED Jonas in SG1, he effect me almost as Vala

Comment

Of course, she'll be watching, it's just temporary depression case which I feel guilty of, 'cause I made her to read a description of "Beachhead"... I know for sure, that I'm going to watch the rest of the season, just with limited amount of viewing sessions of the new eps after "Beachhead", one time will be perfectly enough, OK maybe two And I really, really hope Claudia will be available for more eps in the near future.

Comment

Of course, she'll be watching, it's just temporary depression case which I feel guilty of, 'cause I made her to read a description of "Beachhead"... I know for sure, that I'm going to watch the rest of the season, just with limited amount of viewing sessions of the new eps after "Beachhead", one time will be perfectly enough, OK maybe two And I really, really hope Claudia will be available for more eps in the near future.
                  You watch and then tell me what do you think about these epis

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley

As we've mentioned Claudia's eyes. They look pretty creepy here. Ophelia, indeed.

A.
                    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

I've always enjoyed SG1. But I have to say not because of the stories but because of the actors and their chemistry. It translates on screen that they have fun on set. Which sometimes is a lot more entertaining than a good story. (Did I just say that ?!?)
                      But while Claudia Black made me want to see the new eps NOW, without her I'm contend with seeing screen caps and transcripts until it's broadcasted here.

I don't have a favourite season of SG1 but lots of eps that I like spread over all seasons.

*puts on full body armor, lifts chain bridge, checks there's enough food for as long as might be necessary*
                      I've always found the Jaffa rebellion extremely tedious and boring and fast forward through 99% of those scenes.

A.
                      VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

I never liked Carter. the two characters that i loved is Jack and Teal'c (and Jonas). The stories is too technical for me there is not enough deep in the characters. I only saw it for the ideas, i LOVE the ideas in the series and i really LOVED Jonas in SG1, he effect me almost as Vala
                        Then I completely understand why you will no longer be watching after Friday. I also understand your love for Farscape, beside the fact that CB was in it...it was NOT technically run, but character run. Makes sense now.

Have you watched Lost? It is very character run...and not technical.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I've watched the first season of Lost and I love it. Can hardly wait for 2nd season on AXN channel here. Have you tried this game on Lost's website? I was able to find 3 things only and that's all...

Comment

Then I completely understand why you will no longer be watching after Friday. I also understand your love for Farscape, beside the fact that CB was in it...it was NOT technically run, but character run. Makes sense now.

Yeah, and i love it but i love even more 'DR. WHO' - fantastic show!
                            and BSG of course.

Have you tried this game on Lost's website? I was able to find 3 things only and that's all...
                            link PLS

Comment

I'm staying. I'll be sad that Claudia won't be on (as much), but I still like Teal'C and Sam. Daniel is ok. Kinda want to see how Landry handles running the SGC (if they ever really get to that). 'Sides, I want to see how the team whoops some Ori/Prior eema!

Ah, Lida, did PKWars really wrap up FS? I don't think so. I think they just covered it for a bit. I have a feeling once we know how well "Serenity" does in the box office, there will be a push for FS on the BIG SCREEN! Yes!! That's what they've wanted to do all along, big screen once the story on the small screen got to a good place. Imho, I think it's there. PKWars was a brilliant place to leave off for movies.

Ya know what opinions are like, doncha? <weg> Don't highlight if you are upset by crude language.
                              Spoiler:
                              Opinions are like ass holes, we all have one and crap comes out of both

CB/Aeryn/Vala isn't the only strong female SciFi actress/character. Hello can you say Sigourney Weaver/Ripley? Carrie Fisher/Leia (well she would be if Lucas would learn how to frellin' write characters ), Any one of Dr. Who's compainions (especially Rose), Sam, Dr. Fraser. You get my drift? I think some CB fans tend to think she's the only one. For them she might be, for me, she's just one of many, many talented actresses who help show the world that not all women are nambypambywimpy"Ineedamantosaveme" type women. While I do agree that Claudia is phenominally talented, I don't think she's the only good Scifi actress. Amanda's pretty damn good herself. That's why I like her. Sure her technical stuff goes over my head (much like it goes over Jack's head), but she's hella cool. She's smart and isn't afraid to show it, or use her brains. Rock on Sam and Vala!
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I'm going to miss Vala.

I hope Daniel will, too. Oh, I've got a link up to my new D/V fic in the shippers thread.

Lisa Michelle *trying to refrain from the shamless self-promotion*

Comment

Working...
                                X