X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux
    Great question valaCB

What do you appreciate about Claudia?

I appreciate that she's very cheeky. I also appreciate (while I might not agree with her choices acting wise) that she sticks to her acting choices and follows through with them. I appreciate that she seems to enjoy playing strong female characters and not those nambypambywimpy type of women we see all to frequently on telly. I also appreciate that she's simply stunning.

Next victim?
    What do you mean 'while I might not agree with her choices acting wise'? You mean her choice playing Sci-Fi TV? If yes, i agree with you but than again, maybe that what she got as an offer working acting...

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
      I went back to watch the hypaspace interview where she pops in during Shanks' interview, which some people really hated, and she makes a comment--"I'm all ears...no, really, I'm all ears." Anyone who's heard her speak in person knows that she's the first to point out that she's not perfect. And I admire and appreciate that as well.
      What??? I just can't believe it. People just trying to find a reasons to hate her or what???
      All i saw, when Michael praise Claudia she was very embarrassed and her saying "I'm all ears" was to cover it!
      So much hate
      I wish for Claudia to move on after season 10 and to make lots of movie and i hope she will make an European movies

She's got a rich, gorgeous voice
      I love her voice. did you hear her doing commercials? lol http://claudiablacknews.com/claudia/sounds.htm

She's a seemingly private person yet is gracious towards her fans
      I like that part a lote

Comment

What??? I just can't believe it. People just trying to find a reasons to hate her or what???
        Color me surprised. There's a handful of people out here who just want to be negative about everything. I don't really care; last year they were slamming Ben Browder himself, not just the character. I guess it's Claudia's turn. And let's not forget some of the very nasty comments directed at Amanda Tapping, not the character, but Ms. Tapping herself who also seems very gracious towards her fans.

I give up. Misery loves company and there's a few out there who should create their own little island of woe.

Unhappy people tend to be the minority; most people either don't care about the changes, have already moved on if they didn't like the changes, or are ok with them since it's just a TV show and something diverting to watch on Friday nights. It's the vocal minority. I will not judge the majority of fans by that anti-season 10 thread.

Comment

Color me surprised. There's a handful of people out here who just want to be negative about everything. I don't really care; last year they were slamming Ben Browder himself, not just the character. I guess it's Claudia's turn. And let's not forget some of the very nasty comments directed at Amanda Tapping, not the character, but Ms. Tapping herself who also seems very gracious towards her fans.

I give up. Misery loves company and there's a few out there who should create their own little island of woe.

Unhappy people tend to be the minority; most people either don't care about the changes, have already moved on if they didn't like the changes, or are ok with them since it's just a TV show and something diverting to watch on Friday nights. It's the vocal minority. I will not judge the majority of fans by that anti-season 10 thread.
          I agree

Comment

I have to agree with this part for certain: I appreciate that she seems to enjoy playing strong female characters and not those nambypambywimpy type of women we see all to frequently on telly. I also appreciate that she's simply stunning

She's got a rich, gorgeous voice. She's a seemingly private person yet is gracious towards her fans and even sang for them at a Farscape convention. She's intelligent, has a sense of humor and is self-deprecating. I went back to watch the hypaspace interview where she pops in during Shanks' interview, which some people really hated, and she makes a comment--"I'm all ears...no, really, I'm all ears." Anyone who's heard her speak in person knows that she's the first to point out that she's not perfect. And I admire and appreciate that as well.

Let me see...hmm...talented. Seems to have integrity in her work. Refuses nude scenes.

Oh, yeah, and the stunning part. Completely agree.
            Agree with every single word

Comment

Hm, I don't think I can add anything to why I like Claudia Black. You've said it all.

Regarding Sam and Vala:
              I think I've made it known often enough that I want both of them
              - to get along
              - to have different opinions on things and discuss it like adults (snark can be part of it, but not childish snark)
              - to give us the female counterpart to all that testosterone on the show
              - to influence one another

All the things that happen in a normal working relationship/friendship.

A.
              VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                What do you mean 'while I might not agree with her choices acting wise'? You mean her choice playing Sci-Fi TV? If yes, i agree with you but than again, maybe that what she got as an offer working acting...
                No, I totally dig that she's doing SciFi type stuff. I don't agree with the choices she's made in regards to portraying Vala. Let's just leave it at that. I seem to be the only one on this thread that feels that way.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

No, I totally dig that she's doing SciFi type stuff. I don't agree with the choices she's made in regards to portraying Vala. Let's just leave it at that. I seem to be the only one on this thread that feels that way.
                  Vala is non-Earth human. She doesn't have to behave like humans from Earth. Why should she? Claudia did more than brilliant job with her character, and yes, you're the only one (too big influence of another thread's members, I think ) who thinks differently.

Comment

I don't know. We have all different tastes in people. Would be a pretty boring world otherwise.

Right, gotta go back to saving world peace. You shouldn't let someone like Kofi wait.

A.

Comment

No, you're not the only one. There's a couple of moments, especially in "The Ties that Bind", that aren't quite on the mark for me. I don't have a problem with her playing Vala, the character. It's just some bits didn't quite work for me. I never felt that way about Aeryn, as I recall. It was like they found Aeryn walking the streets of Sydney and asked her if she'd like to be in a TV show, that's how in sync I thought that character was.

Comment

At the moment I like her acting choices concerning Vala very much. Granted, contrary to Aeryn I can't identify with Vala, but she's the kind of person that makes me go: "I wish I was more like that."

Wouldn't it be great, if a woman could be that brash and sexually provocative in our world? Without all that talk behind closed doors the moment she's out of the room?

And now on to something completely else:

farscapism made this cap from a new S10 preview. Now that's exactly wat I want to see. Sam and Vala working together.

http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=9831.0

A.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                          Vala is non-Earth human. She doesn't have to behave like humans from Earth. Why should she? Claudia did more than brilliant job with her character, and yes, you're the only one (too big influence of another thread's members, I think ) who thinks differently.
                          NO one has influenced my thinking, EVER! I resent that you think that. I've always made my own decisions regardless of what or how anyone else thinks. You just don't like that I'm honest about how I feel about Claudia. Just because I don't happen to like some of Claudia's choices with how she's portraying Vala, doesn't mean I don't respect or like her as an actress. I have a much broader mind than several people on this thread.
                          sigpic

Comment

No character or actor is perfect. It's cool with me if you aren't as crazy about Vala as I am.

Comment

NO one has influenced my thinking, EVER! I resent that you think that. I've always made my own decisions regardless of what or how anyone else thinks. You just don't like that I'm honest about how I feel about Claudia. Just because I don't happen to like some of Claudia's choices with how she's portraying Vala, doesn't mean I don't respect or like her as an actress. I have a much broader mind than several people on this thread.
                              Although I don't know you THAT well, SunKrux, I know you well enough to echo that you think your own thoughts, and also that you are an ardent fan of Claudia Black.

Not that you need me to back you up.

I love my children but that doesn't always mean I agree with the things they do.

Comment

Although I don't know you THAT well, SunKrux, I know you well enough to echo that you think your own thoughts, and also that you are an ardent fan of Claudia Black.

Not that you need me to back you up.

I love my children but that doesn't always mean I agree with the things they do.
                                Thanks esoap524. Just because I don't worship at the temple of Claudia like some of her fans do, doesn't mean I don't love her for her talent, compassion, passion and cheekiness. I love my family dearly, but have I always liked choices they make, frell no!

It's a shame that some Claudia fans have a problem with any one (Claudia fan or not) expressing the fact that they might not like certain things about Claudia's acting choices on SG1 or in anything else she's done. I mean...I remember a long time ago when on a group for Claudia, I commented that I found it a little disturbing and stalkerish that some fan was waxing rhapsodic about the whiteness of her teeth or some such. I was told it was just in jest...but I still have my doubts about that.

I can accept that some here don't like my views and I'm honestly good with that. I don't hate anyone here. Am I annoyed by some here, you betcha. Are some here annoyed by me, I'd say you betcha. Thing is, I'm not going to hold that against anyone. Are you going to hold it against me? If you do, you're only hurting yourself cause I don't give a flying frell if you like me or my views.

Why can't we all agree to disagree on certain things regarding Claudia and this board and not take it to other boards and show only a ONESIDED version of the events? Not very adult or Scaper like imho. What would Claudia think? How would she feel? I'd think long and hard about that before taking any issues you might have with how things here are run to another board. Whether you like it or not, your behavior is looked at by many and sadly it can make others think twice about giving Claudia a chance on SG1 because they'll worry that certain rabid Claudia fans will attack them for daring to say anything they don't agree with in regards to Claudia's performance.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X