Episode 16: Last Stand-Sparky She-Demon
    Episode 17: Fail Safe-neverendingimagination
    Episode 18: The Warrior - hlndncr
    Episode 19: Menace
    Episode 20: The Sentinel
    Episode 21: Meridian
    Episode 22: Revelations-Robinbishop1231

First come first served basis.
    Well, if we're trying to fill up spaces, plop me in there for Meridian. All the other Teal'c eps are taken.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky She-Demon
    replied
    Season 5 Episode List:

Episode 1: Enemies (second part of Exodus)-IamDKScully
    Episode 2: Threshold-Everlovin
    Episode 3: Ascension
    Episode 4: The Fifth Man
    Episode 5: Red Sky- ajay
    Episode 6: Rite of Passage
    Episode 7: Beast of Burden
    Episode 8: The Tomb-neverendingimagination
    Episode 9: Between Two Fires
    Episode 10: 2001-IamDKScully
    Episode 11: Desperate Measures-SaraBahama
    Episode 12: Wormhole X-Treme - ajay
    Episode 13: Proving Ground-SaraBahama
    Episode 14: 48 Hours-Robinbishop1231
    Episode 15: Summit-Sparky She-Demon
    Episode 16: Last Stand-Sparky She-Demon
    Episode 17: Fail Safe-neverendingimagination
    Episode 18: The Warrior - hlndncr
    Episode 19: Menace
    Episode 20: The Sentinel
    Episode 21: Meridian- Everlovin
    Episode 22: Revelations-Robinbishop1231

First come first served basis.
    Last edited by Sparky She-Demon; 11 June 2014, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hedwig
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    It will start when all of the episodes are taken.
    Which ones haven't been taken?

Leave a comment:

• Sparky She-Demon
    replied
    It will start when all of the episodes are taken.

Leave a comment:

• Everlovin
    replied
    It's S5 and I don't know when. Not all the eps are taken for reviews.

Speaking of reviews, I'll need one so I can copy the style for my ep.

Leave a comment:

• fems
    replied
    So, when was the rewatch of... what season was it again?

Leave a comment:

• Zoser
    replied
    I'll add my two cents.
    I'm with most of you, can't see Sam with anyone but Jack and certainly can't see her or Jack 'sharing'.
    Teal'c is loyal to Jack and knows how upset Sam was when Jack was missing and knows how upset Jack was when Sam was missing.
    Daniel is a friend - a close friend - but not like that!
    Maybe I'm close minded but I just can't see all these permutations and combinations.
    (There are infinite universes (supposedly) so I suppose anything is possible (just not in my universe - the only one of consequence.))

Leave a comment:

• brendini
    replied
    Ugg.."100 Days just started on ThisTV...don't think I'll make it all the way through the episode. lol

Leave a comment:

• AmberLM
    replied
    Yeah, I don't see Jack or Sam going for a third in the relationship - both Jack and Sam were jealous over the other's partner, once they finally got together after 8 years I kinda think that Jack might *actually* tear apart anyone who tried to come between them, male or female!

I also *love* Daniel and Sam's friendship as well as Teal'c and Sam's.

Leave a comment:

• RamonaThePest
    replied
    "Friendship isn't lesser than romance. It's just different."

Wow. Wisdom for the 21st Century. I may add that as a tag for all my personal emails.

Thanks for that RadicalDreamer!

Leave a comment:

• iiradned
    replied
    Nice to see this particular thread getting a lot of activity lately.

Picture me nodding along with what everybody is saying about and/or polyamory.

Leave a comment:

• RadicalDreamer
    replied
    Count me in as someone who doesn't enjoy polyharmony/polygamy fics. Especially not for this fandom. No matter how nicely written some can be, it will always feel somewhat OCC to me.

I love the team but I dislike reading about them as a foursome... it's as if friendship alone can't be enough. Friendship isn't lesser than romance. It's just different.

Sam/Daniel are too much like siblings, way too much. Sam/Teal'c is among my favorite friendships but can't work for me as a romance because they always were like big bro/little sis in the show (I could see it if the relationship had been built differently from the beginning but it's not the case... and to retcon this in the very last episode of the show seems kinda bad... and all the more crual for Teal'c considering he's the only one who can remember). Same thing for Jack/Teal'c. Sam/Janet... eh, I dunno... with the "mom" aura Janet sometimes had around her. Jack/Daniel is... err... actually, I can understand why it's the most popular slash one... but I'm unable to like it myself (having this pairing often pitted against ours in fandom/ship wars never helped and I had no idea it was a thing back in the days, no idea at all). Not much of a fan of some of the tropes this pairing use either (especially not in fanfics).

But the thing that also annoys me about poly fics is that... it basically makes Sam be the Smurfette. I wouldn't be able to believe people who say that Daniel is SG1's fandom bicycle. It's obviously Sam who gets shipped with every single character. I LIKE that Sam has close friendships that don't all lead to romance in canon (another reason why I refuse the Teal'c/Sam angle). And the show had too many characters falling for her already compared to the guys.

So yeah, I feel like Sam/Jack is the only romantic pairing I ever truly cared about in the show/fandom and shipping anything else feels like betrayal (I mean, to me... people can ship whatever they want and I will never bother anyone just because he/she doesn't like the same pairing as I do... that would be rude).

Not to mention... it's like how I would feel in real life. I wouldn't be able to share the person I love with someone else. At the end of the day, I would be scared of being the third wheel, really. I would feel miserable over it. Same with my OTPs. I don't want Sam to be the third wheel in a Jack/Daniel relationship disguised as a OT3 fic for example (it happens if the writer is mainly a slasher... it happens in so many fandoms with OT3 and huge slash communities).

I guess this is one of the reasons why I don't entirely love Miss Parker's fics. She writes really well. She has this realistic writing style that is great. One of her fic even managed to make me cry. But her fics have this poly flavor at times that make me feel uneasy. And one of her fics even managed to make me wish Sam dumped Jack (it was also implied in the fic that they wouldn't be able to function together without Daniel... and I don't believe that *based on alternate realities*... besides, if someone ever tried to talk or comfort one of them over the other in canon, it was never Daniel, it was actually Teal'c who did that). It was a kid fic and she made Sam feel so isolated, so miserable... it really depressed me when I read it. I like reading her fics, I really do but... I don't know, I guess I feel a bit wary too. But I get that not everybody feel like this.

As it was said, polyrelationships are very popular in fandoms, this one included. I just can't really get into them. I really like the "really awesome close friends being like family with 2 of them being a couple/having romantic feelings" just fine. And fixing love triangles with a threesome seem kind of cheap and unrealistic too. Sure, you don't have the drama... maybe... but I can't buy it.

Leave a comment:

• majorsal
    replied
    Originally posted by ajay View Post
    I think it takes a lot to turn Sam's head. You really have to be special for her to distract her from her work. Pete, I think, being the obvious exception. Her feelings for Jack were the catalyst for jumping into that head first. I think Pete could have been anyone, she was just looking for a distraction and went with the first guy who showed interest and it spiralled out of control when Pete fell for her. You could see from her face that her heart was never in it (unless looking like you want to puke/run everytime you're with your bf is a good sign lol)
    sam didn't even have to 'look': she just called her brother and had him set it up. i don't know if it could even be considered a true blind date, seeing as neither one went totally blind into it.

i went blind seeing it, though.

Spoiler:

Leave a comment:

• majorsal
    replied
    Originally posted by ajay View Post
    What about Jack sharing Sam with another girl?
    Originally posted by fems View Post
    I just can't see Sam in a lesbian relationship.
    i can see jack 'enjoying' it, but i can't see sam doing that at all!!

Leave a comment:

• majorsal
    replied
    Originally posted by SamShipper View Post
    How do you think Jack would think of sharing Sam? I mean, like in a (permanent) menage-a-trois?

I'm asking because I've read two fics recently that were Marty/Sam/Jack, and as crazy as the thought sounds, I can sort of see it...
    In JM/TDYK Jack and Marty seemed to have reached a point of respect at least, if you look at them at then end. Both are interested in Sam, and want only what's best for her - and IMHO, Sam want them both. So, could that be a best of both worlds?
    i think from a fantasy stand point, i could see sam enjoying having two men. but i can't see jack wanting that scenario.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X