• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimberley Jackson
    replied
    Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
    I completely agree!

I mean, Jack was alone for several years between Laira and Kerry. Likewise, Sam was alone for many years between Jonas and Pete. Jack's no angel, after all he's ex-Special Ops, Im pretty sure he's probably been with his pick of women over the years but I do think that he's the type to settle for one night stands when he's single because he doesn't feel worthy of anything else. I think once he's in a relationship, for him that's him committed 110%. In that respect he reminds me so much of Elliott Stabler from SVU.

I think it takes a lot to turn Sam's head. You really have to be special for her to distract her from her work. Pete, I think, being the obvious exception. Her feelings for Jack were the catalyst for jumping into that head first. I think Pete could have been anyone, she was just looking for a distraction and went with the first guy who showed interest and it spiralled out of control when Pete fell for her. You could see from her face that her heart was never in it (unless looking like you want to puke/run everytime you're with your bf is a good sign lol)
    Yes, and look at her face when she introduces him to her father!

I completely agree with what you say about Pete. He was convenient, he was available, so she went for it. I think it was more than just distraction, seeing that it happened after Grace. It was about her trying to reassert what she wants - just that she realizes in her Pete-relationship that what she always thought she wanted isn't what she actually wants. Plus, not just with some random, convenient guy her brother set her up with.

I don't doubt that at some point Sam might have even loved Pete. But she was never in love with him.

Leave a comment:

• AmberLM
    replied
    Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
    I think I also hate that it's a stereotype that men can't survive without.

Given that it took Sam at least seven years to go on a date (that her brother set her up with), she doesn't strike me as the sexually adventurous type - at least not in that particular way.
    I completely agree!

I mean, Jack was alone for several years between Laira and Kerry. Likewise, Sam was alone for many years between Jonas and Pete. Jack's no angel, after all he's ex-Special Ops, Im pretty sure he's probably been with his pick of women over the years but I do think that he's the type to settle for one night stands when he's single because he doesn't feel worthy of anything else. I think once he's in a relationship, for him that's him committed 110%. In that respect he reminds me so much of Elliott Stabler from SVU.

I think it takes a lot to turn Sam's head. You really have to be special for her to distract her from her work. Pete, I think, being the obvious exception. Her feelings for Jack were the catalyst for jumping into that head first. I think Pete could have been anyone, she was just looking for a distraction and went with the first guy who showed interest and it spiralled out of control when Pete fell for her. You could see from her face that her heart was never in it (unless looking like you want to puke/run everytime you're with your bf is a good sign lol)

Leave a comment:

• Nynaeve506
    replied
    Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
    Here, here! No offense, but if I was confined to a ship with my 3 best male friends for the rest of my life, I'm pretty sure that no amount of lonliness/sympathy would *ever* make me sleep with them all - who does that?! Especially if I was in love with one of them, that makes it *worse* IMO!
    And to be fair, there's no reason to think that would be in character. Love it or hate it, "Unending" is canon and all we can tell is that Sam remained alone for those many years. I know AT said her and CJ had this undercurrent *they* were playing, but it didn't technically make the final cut (and really, unless she'd said something who'd have known?). It seems like Cam took up running to handle his pent up need.

I think I also hate that it's a stereotype that men can't survive without.

Given that it took Sam at least seven years to go on a date (that her brother set her up with), she doesn't strike me as the sexually adventurous type - at least not in that particular way.

Leave a comment:

• AmberLM
    replied
    Originally posted by fems View Post
    Seriously? I can't imagine Sam just going along with that. "Ah well, I'm the only woman so I will just have to sleep with all three of my teammates because being alone can be so hard on a guy..."
    Here, here! No offense, but if I was confined to a ship with my 3 best male friends for the rest of my life, I'm pretty sure that no amount of lonliness/sympathy would *ever* make me sleep with them all - who does that?! Especially if I was in love with one of them, that makes it *worse* IMO!

Leave a comment:

• cyced
    replied
    My last post was way too philosophical- I think that signals time for bed when gateworld posts are sounds thesis like- Night all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X