X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SNY
    Spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Reading some spoilers from season 9 I think It's going to be difficult to see a shippy scene at the beginning of season 9. Maybe some nice coment from some character like Daniel , teal'c or even O'Neill that it could give us something.

We are going to have more possibilities when Carter returns and maybe at the end of the season have a real scene between them.

But I'm sure that we are going to have to continue waiting in order to have some resolution

SNY
    Joe Mallozzi answered my question ( don't know why it makes me so happy but it does, even if I don't like his answer that much). Anyway I asked if he could expand on his earlier answer that the absence of Sam and Jack was going to be adressed in the first episode and he said
    - It's business rather than personal
    so I'll guess we will have to wait longer to get any confirmation that they are together.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
      Joe Mallozzi answered my question ( don't know why it makes me so happy but it does, even if I don't like his answer that much). Anyway I asked if he could expand on his earlier answer that the absence of Sam and Jack was going to be adressed in the first episode and he said
      - It's business rather than personal
      so I'll guess we will have to wait longer to get any confirmation that they are together.

Well, there's a limit on how long I'll wait. It's been eight years and, with Jack gone, ship is moved completely offscreen anyway--thereby defusing the public complaints of the anti's (though we know the real reasons the majority of the anti-S/J shippers took that position)--so there's no reason not to give shippers the resolution of knowing that the relationship is actually going to move forward. If they didn't have the cojones to follow the thread through to its conclusion, they should have ended it years ago and not strung us along to keep us watching. If they had ended it in season 5, for example, there would still have been sufficient reasons for me to keep watching.

Now, though, if they screw us, I will have seen my last episode of either SG1 or Atlantis.

J.
      "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
        That just gave me an idea. Season 9 wild spec:
        Spoiler:
        What if, even with Jack gone, we see Sam living in his house? It's an easy way to hint at ship without RDA around....
        I love this idea!
        -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
          Wow! Your message obviously comes from your heart. And I kept saying, Yep, to everything.

I love the way they have developed the relationship through the years. They have been through ups/downs, ons/offs, bonding/heartbreak just like real-life and unlike a soap-opera.

Chimera
          Spoiler:

That Sam/Pete wrestling match was very awkward. My husband, who is a bigger Sam/Jack shipper than me, felt sorry for Pete there. "Poor guy didn't realize he opened a floodgate, did he? Sam has a lot of pent-up frustration over Jack but that kid can't help her. He's a trooper for trying though." Yes, I punched him in the shoulder for that.

I don't want that kind of scene with Jack and Sam. It just doesn't fit either of them.

I like what is happening with Jack and Sam and I look forward to season 9.
          spoilers for s7's chimera

I'm going to open myself up here for some red dinging, but I'm going to say this anyways. I thought David D was very miscast in the part of Pete. Being attracted to someone is in they eye of the beholder, but I felt literal zero VAVOOM! for Pete/DDL. I think that's 'part' of why their relay felt so off to me, because I could not see for one second Sam falling for someone like that. Sam can choose from Bloomingdales, and she picked up her item at Walmart. I know, this is sounding mean (I'm psming, so crying, murder, and rapture can all happen within the same breath ). I'm also not meaning to slam DDL, but I just couldn't buy him as Pete the guy Sam lusts for. I'd also be saying this if Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise had played Pete. They do literally nothing for me (especially Brad). Why am I bring this all up? Because I couldn't relate to Sam's motivations concerning Pete. At all.

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

What I would love to see is something subtle that still makes it obvious. I couldnt stand a bedroom scene. I would scream and run. A kiss between them is too obvious. Come now, wouldnt that ruin all the other wonderful ones we have seen on Stargate? Ruin the magic of the Sam/Jack kisses?
            I would love to see them talking and Sam be like what do we want for dinner tonight? Arguing taking place and settling on pizza and something like tomorrow we can have Chinese and Friday Mexican. It doesnt have to be to be food, just something that is totally stargate. A kiss would now disappoint me, unless they found a really good way to intergrade it into the show's stemmatics.
            13!!RED thinggies and counting . . . FUN!

okay now I do not actually want red thinggies but for some reason people like to give them to me . . .
            some people multiple times!;-)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

I'm going to open myself up here for some red dinging, but I'm going to say this anyways. I thought David D was very miscast in the part of Pete. Being attracted to someone is in they eye of the beholder, but I felt literal zero VAVOOM! for Pete/DDL. I think that's 'part' of why their relay felt so off to me, because I could not see for one second Sam falling for someone like that. Sam can choose from Bloomingdales, and she picked up her item at Walmart. I know, this is sounding mean (I'm psming, so crying, murder, and rapture can all happen within the same breath ). I'm also not meaning to slam DDL, but I just couldn't buy him as Pete the guy Sam lusts for. I'd also be saying this if Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise had played Pete. They do literally nothing for me (especially Brad). Why am I bring this all up? Because I couldn't relate to Sam's motivations concerning Pete. At all.

Sally
              I'm thinking that maybe Sam going for Pete-because he isn't "all that"-he was supposed to be your basic "nice guy"-very "white-bread"-she has had the excitement with her job-and well, just look at all the magnetism that Jack has and her total attraction to him-maybe she felt that somebody very unlike Jack would a safe and sensible choice-and somehow manage to shield her from what she feels she really wants or at least what she wants to have it with. Just a thought.
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                I'm thinking that maybe Sam going for Pete-because he isn't "all that"-he was supposed to be your basic "nice guy"-very "white-bread"-she has had the excitement with her job-and well, just look at all the magnetism that Jack has and her total attraction to him-maybe she felt that somebody very unlike Jack would a safe and sensible choice-and somehow manage to shield her from what she feels she really wants or at least what she wants to have it with. Just a thought.
                I agree. If they made him somebody we'd understand, it would have been a lot harder to get across the idea that she was settling for less than what she really wanted. If Pete was hot, charming, intelligent, and an all around great guy, what's the problem? That's not settling. Sam jumped into basically the first "normal" thing that came along after she had her little Grace hallucination. Chances that guy would be very attractive and make much sense in the grand scheme were slim. I think that was the point. She wanted a normal relationship and a life outside work. Pete was convenient when she came to that conclusion. I suspect she fell in love with having a life far more than Pete himself. After several years of not having much of a social life, any social life probably seems pretty good.
                *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

I agree. If they made him somebody we'd understand, it would have been a lot harder to get across the idea that she was settling for less than what she really wanted. If Pete was hot, charming, intelligent, and an all around great guy, what's the problem? That's not settling. Sam jumped into basically the first "normal" thing that came along after she had her little Grace hallucination. Chances that guy would be very attractive and make much sense in the grand scheme were slim. I think that was the point. She wanted a normal relationship and a life outside work. Pete was convenient when she came to that conclusion. I suspect she fell in love with having a life far more than Pete himself. After several years of not having much of a social life, any social life probably seems pretty good.

I completely agree that Sam feel in love with the "idea" of a normal life rather than Pete. I thought Pete was a nice normal guy (a little immature for Sam) s
                  Spoiler:
                  right up until he walks out on her the morning after and does a background check in front of her house!!! We all know the twisted story. He then follows her to Daniel's house. He knows a stakeout when he see ones. I thought the writers did a horrible job portraying Pete.
                  For me it was somewhat believable in the begining, but it went south very quickly!

In my opinion if the writers had chosen a guy that was smart, funny, intelligent, more mature, and good looking then there would have been more angst and a much better story. The angst between her and Jack would be great. It would force the two to address issues left in the room. However, they didn't do that and Jack was never worried about Pete, because he couldn't hold a candle to Jack. The writers missed out on a great build up and tried to sale a story very few believed.
                  Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 27 March 2005, 11:16 AM.

Comment

*pokes head in* Kewl...

I have to agree with Auralan. Pete was the 'normal' relationship that she couldn't have anywhere else, i.e. Jack. It's not like Sam had a life outside the mountain where she could meet men. He was introduced to her through her brother. It was convenient. Coming so close to her concussed hallucinations in Grace, it must have seemed like it was meant to be. Motivation followed by opportunity. If her brother hadn't been the means of introduction, it would have never happened.

Pete wasn't the man of her dreams but he was available and openly affectionate. Something she couldn't have with Jack, something she hadn't had in years, an open relationship. And a sexual one. If you figure SG1 has been around seven years, then her last physical relationship was more than eight years ago with Hanson. She mentioned a couple of years had passed since there engagement was broken in the ep The First Commandment. All of her other 'beaus' were strictly platonic relationships, regardless of the infamous BWC.

In the end, it wasn't enough. Unfortunately, the writers drug out the end far too long for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                      *pokes head in* Kewl...

I have to agree with Auralan. Pete was the 'normal' relationship that she couldn't have anywhere else, i.e. Jack. It's not like Sam had a life outside the mountain where she could meet men. He was introduced to her through her brother. It was convenient. Coming so close to her concussed hallucinations in Grace, it must have seemed like it was meant to be. Motivation followed by opportunity. If her brother hadn't been the means of introduction, it would have never happened.

Pete wasn't the man of her dreams but he was available and openly affectionate. Something she couldn't have with Jack, something she hadn't had in years, an open relationship. And a sexual one. If you figure SG1 has been around seven years, then her last physical relationship was more than eight years ago with Hanson. She mentioned a couple of years had passed since there engagement was broken in the ep The First Commandment. All of her other 'beaus' were strictly platonic relationships, regardless of the infamous BWC.

In the end, it wasn't enough. Unfortunately, the writers drug out the end far too long for my taste.

*waves* Hi meimei!!

I wholeheartedly agree. In Sam's delusion, she thought of Jack as a "safe bet" and when her brother set her up with Pete, she thought that she'd take a chance - do something that wasn't safe. I think Sam cared for Pete, but it wasn't the deep feeling that she has for Jack. In every single alternate timeline or alternate reality, those two have been together. It's just that regulations are getting in the way in this reality. Personally, I'd have liked it if next season
                      Spoiler:
                      Jack had retired, but oversaw the SGC as a civilian instead of being promoted. It still puts in play the regulations. Despite him not being her direct supervisor, Sam still is in Jack's chain of command, which totally sucks.
                      TPTB have the ability to put them together. It seems to me that all writers are afraid of the dreaded "Moonlighting" syndrome. Well, it's not going to happen here because it's an ensemble show. None of the character's personal lives dominated the season. Sure, they popped up in an episode from time to time, but that's to be expected. It can be done and done well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Season 9 speculation:
                        *snip
                        It brings up an interesting question, though: What kind of scene would you like to see in season 9 between Sam and Jack to confirm that the UST has become RST?
                        I answered this one a while back on the other thread.
                        The scene I would like to see doesn't even have to have RDA in it.
                        Someone is talking to Sam and calls her "Col. O'Neill" and she corrects them by saying:
                        "I use my maiden name of Carter for work purposes to avoid confusion between myself and my husband"

That would be enough for me.

My question is who here thinks they would marry right away??
                        I do.
                        After all they have been through together and both see that life can change in an instant that I don't think that they would wait to make it "official".

OT:
                        I would like to thank all for your condolences for my departed aunt.
                        She was a wonderful, kind and fun-loving woman and I will miss her.
                        I have not been on much this week due to trying to keep the vultures away from picking through the belongings of the dead.
                        I went to the Orlando con only 1 week ago today and it seems like 6 weeks ago.
                        I do have pictures that I will soon post, can I post them here?
                        Or would you rather I post them in another thread??
                        I believe the ones w/ CA (Jacob) are S/J ship related.

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm going to open myself up here for some red dinging, but I'm going to say this anyways. I thought David D was very miscast in the part of Pete. Being attracted to someone is in they eye of the beholder, but I felt literal zero VAVOOM! for Pete/DDL. I think that's 'part' of why their relay felt so off to me, because I could not see for one second Sam falling for someone like that. Sam can choose from Bloomingdales, and she picked up her item at Walmart. I know, this is sounding mean (I'm pmsing, so crying, murder, and rapture can all happen within the same breath ). I'm also not meaning to slam DDL, but I just couldn't buy him as Pete the guy Sam lusts for. I'd also be saying this if Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise had played Pete. They do literally nothing for me (especially Brad). Why am I bring this all up? Because I couldn't relate to Sam's motivations concerning Pete. At all.

Sally

I agree Ten Thousand Percent, Sally!!

Since I've seen all of season eight, I'm gonna spoiler this cos I know I'm venturing into uncharted territory for many...
                          Spoiler:
                          Okay, this is wild and out there, but if the casting director had chosen someone tall dark and studly... I was gonna give an example, but my brain is in slow motion... and as you say, beauty, even attraction, is in the eye of the beholder.... Perhaps with a different appearance type, I might not have taken such an extreme disliking to the character. I doubt it, but anything's possible. And if he'd been someone ravishingly attractive, I could have at least enjoyed hating him!

Spoiler:
                          How is it even possible they chose the "baby-faced-type" intentionally? I've reacked my brains trying to find any sort of logic in the reasoning behind such a choice, yet still it eludes me. I've even ventured into the anti-thread <Gasp!>, thinking perhaps those who are not so distracted by the whole "but what about Jack?!!" thing might have seen something I missed. But alas, while there are a few folks who actually liked him <Horrified Gasp!!>, I still see no reason for the Huge Mistakes they made with this character. Between the guy's goofy looks (sorry, DDL, maybe if I'd seen ya in something else first, I might like ya more! ) and the really rotten portrayal of the character through the absolute crap writing job, there was nothing, I mean absolutely nothing that endeared the character to me.

Again, nothing against DDL personally. *David* the actor did great, considering the load of bull he was given to work with. Professionally speaking, I feel sorry for the guy. I'd hate to be in his shoes. Even if he did get to make out with Amanda.
                          Love and hot fudge,
                          Bren Ren
                          ~
                          My stories!
                          ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                            I completely agree that Sam feel in love with the "idea" of a normal life rather than Pete. I thought Pete was a nice normal guy (a little imature for Sam) s
                            Spoiler:
                            right up until he walks out on her the morning after and does a background check in front of her house!!! We all know the twisted story. He then follows her to Daniel's house. He knows a stakeout when he see ones. I thought the writers did a horrible job portraying Pete.
                            For me it was somewhat believable in the begining, but it went south very quickly!

In my opinion if the writers had chosen a guy that was smart, funny, intelligent, more mature, and good looking then there would have been more angst and a much better story. The angst between her and Jack would be great. It would force the two to address issues left in the room. However, they didn't do that and Jack was never worried about Pete, because he couldn't hold a candle to Jack. The writers missed out on a great build up and tried to sale a story very few believed.
                            YES!!!!!

As much as I desperately wish they had just not taken the *other* storyline altogether (just imagine seasons seven and eight exactly as they were but without the Others... Now that would have made for a powerful ep in Threads).... If they just had to go that route, why oh why oh WHYYYYY couldn't it have been someone like what you just described??? What a wasted opportuntiy!!!

I'd say more, as I usually do, but you summed it up perfectly!!!
                            Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                              *pokes head in* Kewl...

Another *excellent* point I with which I whole-heartedly agree! If he had been a one-ep wonder, like Orlin, I could've lived with that, even as lousy as that ep was.
                              Spoiler:
                              And with that background check stuff, they had a nice logical reason for Sam to get rid of him. Without killing him. And wasn't that the point of his existence? For her to have a fling with a guy who didn't die? I still don't get that either.... I mean, so she was cursed. Big flippin' deal! We all know True Love is gaurenteed to break any curse the universe can fling at a person!!

But I still think I might have been more forgiving if she'd pounced on someone actually pounce-worthy... Like Major Yummy!

er....

Davis... Major Davis... <sigh>

I digress... so I'll let you get back to the serious discusion.... Umm... What were we talking about?
                              Last edited by BrenRen; 27 March 2005, 08:08 AM.
                              Love and hot fudge,
                              Bren Ren
                              ~
                              My stories!
                              ~

sigpic

Comment

That is so true-the fault with Pete was in the writing/acting. I don't think personally that I would have been quite so put out if pete was actually the "nice guy" that he I believe they wanted him to be. However, as I cannot get into the heads of the guys in charge of that show-I will have to say that I never quite got why Pete was such a
                                Spoiler:
                                anal orifice
                                and then they had the nerve to go to such great lengths in defending him and bringing him back several times.; Any suggestions?
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X