Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishyone
    Yes... I am afraid that Daniel's actions to take care of Jacob have given me another fic idea... Eek...

I think I remember that look, too... I wasn't sure if there was or if I just wanted there to be one because of my shippy persausion...

I have always found it interesting in Foothold that the switching back and forth was between Daniel and Sam... And I know I felt that when she looked at Daniel, she didn't want him to be an alien, she looked almost like she was pleading with him to be Daniel, not an alien. I think it's interesting that she didn't try and shoot Daniel's impersonator... I know that the aliens had devices that enabled them to read the person's thoughts, but it is interesting that they could mimic the person that they were copying so well... The Daniel alien could have been Daniel...

Ooh, I just had another fic idea... about the aliens reading something into a certain couple's thoughts that no one else knows...

I'm not even going to start Pretense. I might get another fic idea.
    Ooh, more fic ideas?? Interesting! I found that interesting, too, the fact that the switching took place between them. I did like the fact that she didn't try to shoot Daniel's impersonator too. I think it would have been too hard for her to do...

And yes, that is an interesting fic idea, too. Sorry, I won't bug you though.

Lol... well I don't think I really saw anything in Pretense either. Jack and Daniel were mostly paired up in that one since they were the "seekers" for Skaara in the triad, and Sam and Teal'c were off on the lookout for goa'ulds. I think I might have noticed a little look from Daniel when Narim first greeted Sam in the beginning, though. Or maybe my memory is just bad, lol

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
      Yep, not to worry. I know what you mean, and I agree that the whole Happily Ever After in children's movies can seem unsatisfying as an adult. *blushes* Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you find it that way. A few people at ff.net said they were disappointed, that they wanted to see them go through the Stargate and I just end it before they even get recruited for the program. At first I wasn't sure how I was going to end it. I was just going to do it after Sam and Daniel gave their presentation, with Daniel telling her that they'll just keep trying. Though Sam is pregnant at that point and I wanted to do a little epilogue featuring kids. Then the idea about the Stargate came.

Anyway, there will be a sequel... even though I'm kind of confused about some of the details, I think I know how I want it to go. I'm concentrating on another sequel right now though.
      I admit, I was curious about Sam and Daniel going through the Stargate, but I didn't feel that was what the story was really about... I am looking forward to the sequel... and I like the scenes you've shown me with Sam and Daniel's son.

I am also looking forward to the sequel to Thanks for the Memories.
      The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Ooh, more fic ideas?? Interesting! I found that interesting, too, the fact that the switching took place between them. I did like the fact that she didn't try to shoot Daniel's impersonator too. I think it would have been too hard for her to do...

And yes, that is an interesting fic idea, too. Sorry, I won't bug you though.

Lol... well I don't think I really saw anything in Pretense either. Jack and Daniel were mostly paired up in that one since they were the "seekers" for Skaara in the triad, and Sam and Teal'c were off on the lookout for goa'ulds. I think I might have noticed a little look from Daniel when Narim first greeted Sam in the beginning, though. Or maybe my memory is just bad, lol
        I might work on the fic idea involving Jacob and Daniel tomorrow... I have to go to Denver early in the morning, unfortunately not for anything fun or needed for chapter 5 of Breaking the Curse...

Sam did shoot the Jack impersonator...but not the Daniel one... Just a thought.

I don't remember any s/d moments in Pretense... There might have been a look, but I don't remember it either way... So... I guess... Urgo?

I like the interplay between Sam and Daniel in the beginning of the episode... And they do invade the cafeteria together...

And I did just get an Urgo fic idea... I think a bit different from the s/d ones I've read... Involving the line, "Go eat pie with Colonel O'Neill."
        The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

I admit, I was curious about Sam and Daniel going through the Stargate, but I didn't feel that was what the story was really about... I am looking forward to the sequel... and I like the scenes you've shown me with Sam and Daniel's son.

I am also looking forward to the sequel to Thanks for the Memories.
          Thanks I need to finish up that one museum scene. Not sure where I'll put that in the story, but I have to put it in somewhere.

And thanks! I just about finished the first chapter so I hope to post it somewhere soon. I had a bunch of other ideas for the second chapter, so should be working on that one soon as well.

Comment

I might work on the fic idea involving Jacob and Daniel tomorrow... I have to go to Denver early in the morning, unfortunately not for anything fun or needed for chapter 5 of Breaking the Curse...

Sam did shoot the Jack impersonator...but not the Daniel one... Just a thought.

I don't remember any s/d moments in Pretense... There might have been a look, but I don't remember it either way... So... I guess... Urgo?

I like the interplay between Sam and Daniel in the beginning of the episode... And they do invade the cafeteria together...

And I did just get an Urgo fic idea... I think a bit different from the s/d ones I've read... Involving the line, "Go eat pie with Colonel O'Neill."
            Sounds good. Hope everything goes okay in Denver.

Hmm, that is an interesting thought. And she didn't seem too torn up about having to shoot the Jack impersonator, either...not that I could see anyway.

Urgo was such a funny episode. And it is nice that they invade the cafeteria together. Makes you wonder what they were doing before that...

Lol... hmm I think I might get your meaning there, and I think it would be interesting.

I also remember them finishing each other's thoughts when they were in the locker room, about how Urgo is technically alive or something like that (like "self aware" and feeling pain).

Comment

Quick post to bump this up...

I guess that's it for Urgo unless anyone has anything more?

A Hundred Days... this is supposed to be a S/J ep, or at least a lot of people say it is. Yeah, Sam does miss Jack, but I think she would have acted the same way if it was Daniel or Teal'c that was missing. Actually she's even more upset in Fire and Water when she thinks Daniel is dead or lost than she is about Jack here. The S/D moments I can remember are when they're ushering the people through the Gate and they share a look. Then they share another look at the end when Jack goes to say goodbye to Laira (maybe it's just me but I thought those two were great together ) and Daniel says something like "I don't think he was expecting to go home."

I also noticed that while Sam was explaining to Jack how they were able to get him back, he pretty much cut her off or ignored her to go talk to Laira. And I didn't see Sam being jealous or anything. But that's just me.

Comment

BTTT! (Bump to the Top )

A couple of more pics to caption?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...niel/cl002.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...el/rr12500.jpg

Comment

Hmmm where is everyone?

Another pic for captioning

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...daniel/001.jpg

Comment

Those are great pics Jess...I, for some reason, can't come up with any caps

Comment

Thanks Col.Samantha... that's okay, it's just great to see someone else posting here... makes me wonder if everyone's flown the coop!

Speaking of pics, there are new promo pics at this site: http://www.scifi.com/stargate (go to the Gallery link)

I'm depressed because there aren't any pics of Sam and Daniel together! There is a Daniel and Vala pic, and a Sam and Mitchell pic, but no Sam and Daniel pic! What is up with that? I mean, is the idea of Sam and Daniel being alone in the same shot together so very wrong? Grrrrr And we don't even see shots of AT and MS together in candid pics and stuff... he's always next to CB.

I think it's unfair how most of the pairings on the show have bones thrown their way, and we hardly ever get anything. Makes me wonder if the "they're brother and sister" mantra has invaded everyone's heads and is preventing them from getting Sam and Daniel close in any way.

I'm seriously thinking of giving up on this show...I think I've had enough. I'm not too happy about what's going to happen in tonight's episode. Next week's seems good, but after that it seems like Daniel and Vala will be forever paired together and he will alienate himself from Sam and Teal'c (and even Mitchell).

Sorry I'm being a wet blanket - I'm just kind of depressed about the way this show is going. I guess from here on it'll be fanfics and AUs for me.
                      Last edited by JessM; 14 July 2006, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Thanks Col.Samantha... that's okay, it's just great to see someone else posting here... makes me wonder if everyone's flown the coop!

Speaking of pics, there are new promo pics at this site: http://www.scifi.com/stargate (go to the Gallery link)

I'm depressed because there aren't any pics of Sam and Daniel together! There is a Daniel and Vala pic, and a Sam and Mitchell pic, but no Sam and Daniel pic! What is up with that? I mean, is the idea of Sam and Daniel being alone in the same shot together so very wrong? Grrrrr And we don't even see shots of AT and MS together in candid pics and stuff... he's always next to CB.

I think it's unfair how most of the pairings on the show have bones thrown their way, and we hardly ever get anything. Makes me wonder if the "they're brother and sister" mantra has invaded everyone's heads and is preventing them from getting Sam and Daniel close in any way.

I'm seriously thinking of giving up on this show...I think I've had enough. I'm not too happy about what's going to happen in tonight's episode. Next week's seems good, but after that it seems like Daniel and Vala will be forever paired together and he will alienate himself from Sam and Teal'c (and even Mitchell).

Sorry I'm being a wet blanket - I'm just kind of depressed about the way this show is becoming. I guess from here on it'll be fanfics and AUs for me.
                        *pats Jess on consolingly on shoulder*

Hopefully I'll have my Sam/Dan ship fic done sooner rather than later for you and other S/D'ers... It's up to 25K words right now. I like S/J ship and that's what I've done for 3 ff's, but a convo in the Sam thread challenged the muse to see how well I could write it and last week it shot up like 15K words! So keep fingers crossed the muse keeps content and productive.
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Here's a season 10 picture I think you people will enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                            *pats Jess on consolingly on shoulder*

Hopefully I'll have my Sam/Dan ship fic done sooner rather than later for you and other S/D'ers... It's up to 25K words right now. I like S/J ship and that's what I've done for 3 ff's, but a convo in the Sam thread challenged the muse to see how well I could write it and last week it shot up like 15K words! So keep fingers crossed the muse keeps content and productive.
                            Thanks. I hope I didn't sound too nutty in my rant there.

And I appreciate that you're doing this fic. Sounds like it will be great. No chance in reading a preview is there? Either way, I can't wait. Thanks for the consolation, ShimmeringStar. I probably wouldn't have ranted like this but I'm going through a few personal things right now so was a bit depressed anyway...

(btw I love your Shore Leave Con pics!)

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower
                              Here's a season 10 picture I think you people will enjoy.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...sg_1002_14.jpg
                              Oh, that is a very nice picture. I can't wait to see that episode...more than I can't wait for tonight's episode, actually.

Thanks for posting it, MasterPower.

Comment

Thanks. I hope I didn't sound too nutty in my rant there.

And I appreciate that you're doing this fic. Sounds like it will be great. No chance in reading a preview is there? Either way, I can't wait. Thanks for the consolation, ShimmeringStar. I probably wouldn't have ranted like this but I'm going through a few personal things right now so was a bit depressed anyway...

(btw I love your Shore Leave Con pics!)
                                LOL! No you didn't. And no... I don't post works in progress, but am really hoping to get this one finished sooner rather than later so it can be uploaded in its entirety. ((((Jess))))

Glad you like the pix. (and that's only a small drop in the bucket from the whole weekend! Wish I'd taken off this week to finish working on them, but I'm trying to do what I can in the evenings.)

Amanda is a wonderful, gracious person in RL and it shines through in Sam's character very much. (Easy to see why Dan would be drawn to Sam as more than just friends post-Sha're. )
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X