No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, just got a chance to see "There But For the Grace of God". It was a very entertaining episode, with a few S/D hints. When alternate reality Sam first meets Daniel, he seems taken aback by her appearance (as in "Emancipation"). I think Daniel and Sam get along quite well as team partners and intellectuals, but when he sees civillian (or more 'feminine') Sam he is always impressed by her looks! There is no doubt that a physical attraction exists between the two and I think that was hinted at quite clearly in "Moebius".

Oh and on another note, I noticed a little jealousy from Daniel towards the alternate reality Sam/Jack. In the same vein, we see a more pronounced variety of jealousy from primal Jack in "Broca Divide" when Daniel tells Jack he went to see Sam. (btw the "you poor man" quote was hysterical lol, and again shows Daniel's obvious appreciation of Sam's looks!)

Later, and happy shipping. I'm glad to see this thread doing so well

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by JC_21
      Heh, suppose I'm included in that considering i read everypost you guys make and just don't post myself for a number of reasons including because I'm behind on episodes (stupid New Zealand), and I just really have nothing to add except yeah, or i agree which just sounds plain stupid.

I'm liking the story a season idea, actually I love any idea that means morefics, I'm convinced I've read all the sam/danny fanfiction out there to be honest (feel free to prove me wrong and link me up with some i haven't *grin*) and I'd never say no to more. I don't mind death but to be honest I'm a huge sucker for a happy ending

Looking forward to what you guys come up with
      Yours in sam/danny shipping,
      The friendly nieghborhood lurker
      - JC
      I'm glad you posted. I value everyone's input, and I don't want to step on anyone's toes with this... Believe me, I did it by accident in another thread and was flamed...viciously, I might add. I suppose we're spoiling you with some talk from season 8/9...

I'm glad you like the idea. It will, I hope, be a boost to the ranks of s/d fics (I think I've read them all, too, except the most recent, as I've been too busy to keep up). Let's see, I maybe able to give you a link to something you haven't read, though it is a work in progress...And taking me forever... It's Here.

I'm a sucker for a happy ending, too. But I am very good at angst and stuff... I live in a dark place in my mind that can be scary.

Thanks for the input!
      The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
        Hey all, just got a chance to see "There But For the Grace of God". It was a very entertaining episode, with a few S/D hints. When alternate reality Sam first meets Daniel, he seems taken aback by her appearance (as in "Emancipation"). I think Daniel and Sam get along quite well as team partners and intellectuals, but when he sees civillian (or more 'feminine') Sam he is always impressed by her looks! There is no doubt that a physical attraction exists between the two and I think that was hinted at quite clearly in "Moebius".

Oh and on another note, I noticed a little jealousy from Daniel towards the alternate reality Sam/Jack. In the same vein, we see a more pronounced variety of jealousy from primal Jack in "Broca Divide" when Daniel tells Jack he went to see Sam. (btw the "you poor man" quote was hysterical lol, and again shows Daniel's obvious appreciation of Sam's looks!)

Royal
        Yeah, Daniel does look rather stunned when he sees Sam for the first time in TBFtGG, and when she doesn't recognize him, he looks hurt. I think there's definitely attraction there.

And dismay, jealous dismay, when he sees Jack and Sam. I love his "you poor man" comment, and Jack's jealousy is priceless.

Comment

Oh..I'm getting really excited about the fics...although as of right now I'm sad to say that my creative juices are sapped , but I'm hoping that'll change soon

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
            I suppose we're spoiling you with some talk from season 8/9...
            ..... I maybe able to give you a link to something you haven't read, though it is a work in progress...And taking me forever... It's Here.

I'm a sucker for a happy ending, too. But I am very good at angst and stuff... I live in a dark place in my mind that can be scary.
            Yes, you are spoiling me, but I'd be lieing if I didn't say I go looking for it lol.It's not spoiling me as bad as iI was spoilt for the last few episodes of LOST *shakes head* but thats a whole other story. As soon as I've posted this I'm off to read the fanfic *rubs hands together* It's nice to know my opinions valued even though I hardly ever post lol. I may try my hand at writing a fanfic eventually but right now I have wayyyy to much RL stuff happening. As for your mind being a scary place, Isn't everyones mind a little drk and scary if you dig deep enough it's just some people (myself included) tend to show it more...It's sort of like how people call me a little insane...again a whole other story. Lol.
            -JC

Comment

I'm not a big fan of death fics. Though I know they must happen sometimes. It's up to you. If you want to rewrite, that's okay, but if you don't, if you want to stick more to the movie, that's fine, too.

Just as long as it's s/d, I think that's the only requirement.
              Okay. Well, I think the ending was a bit obscure, so I think I could take a bit and rewrite it... just a teeny bit.

Okay, here goes...

Sam felt as if her lungs would burst as she rushed down the street, ignoring the policemen and SWAT team members who told her to stay back. Her gait slowed as she neared the alley where the large wolf had been cornered.

Panting, she stared at the fearsome creature, barely aware for a moment that there were men pointing guns at it right behind her.

"Daniel," she said, still attempting to catch her breath. "They're going to kill you."

She was not sure she would succeed in getting through to him, but she had to try. This creature led a double life as the man she had grown to care very deeply about, ever since she'd first met him several weeks ago. During the day, he was a sweet, somewhat confused young man who also cared for her a great deal as well. But, by night, at least during a full moon, he turned into a ravenous creature who prowled the streets and surrounding areas of London, looking for prey that would sate his hunger.

"Daniel, please. Let me help you," Sam pleaded almost desperately. The creature stared back at her, his eyes boring almost menacingly into her own. Yet, he did not make a move to attack her.

Keeping her eyes focused on him, she uttered the words that she thought would help him reclaim his old identity. "I love you, Daniel."

Those words spoken, the wolf's snarl seemed to ease up. It was as if he was weakening, as if the words really penetrated his more primitive psyche.

And suddenly, he lunged forward, baring his teeth.

Sam had very little time to react before the SWAT team behind her started firing bullets at the creature. Several of them hit directly, causing it to fall back against the wall of the alley.

Sam stood in shock as the wolf lay still. Suddenly before her very eyes, there appeared to be a naked man with several bullet wounds in his upper leg as well as one in his torso.

Sam barely noticed that it had started raining as the tears fell from her eyes and she sobbed softly. Several policemen made their way up to her in hopes of consoling her, but she pushed them away.

She advanced down the alley and knelt next to the man she loved, the man whose life had ended so tragically. She touched his face and then began stroking his hair. Then, all she could do was hold him in her arms.

She didn't know how long she stayed like that, holding him, when she suddenly felt a warm breath on her hands. She removed them and thought she was witnessing a miracle. Daniel's eyes blinked open and he looked up at her, confused. "Sam?" he whispered.
              Last edited by JessM; 06 July 2006, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Okay. Let's put it on the to do list.
                Sounds great.

Okay, then. Two in favor. I think it would encourage some discussion, too. We'll get lots of discussion out of fic ideas, I think. I had a thought... We've come up with some episodes where we found little or no shippyness, so maybe we should come up with "Missing Shippy Scenes" for them?

I'm having epiphanies today... Kind of scary.

At least they're s/d...
                Lol... yeah, that is a good point. I think that's a good idea, too. I was thinking there could be a nice "missing shippy scene" for Politics, taking place maybe after Kinsey leaves and they have to shut down the Stargate program. The two of them could discuss what that's going to mean, and Daniel could try to convince Sam that they need to go to the coordinates he got in TBFTGOG.

I think I'm having some epiphanies, too... or at least a mini epiphany...

Comment

Heh, suppose I'm included in that considering i read everypost you guys make and just don't post myself for a number of reasons including because I'm behind on episodes (stupid New Zealand), and I just really have nothing to add except yeah, or i agree which just sounds plain stupid.

I'm liking the story a season idea, actually I love any idea that means morefics, I'm convinced I've read all the sam/danny fanfiction out there to be honest (feel free to prove me wrong and link me up with some i haven't *grin*) and I'd never say no to more. I don't mind death but to be honest I'm a huge sucker for a happy ending

Looking forward to what you guys come up with
                  Yours in sam/danny shipping,
                  The friendly nieghborhood lurker
                  - JC
                  Aww...well I have another friend who tells me she lurks here as well but doesn't post really because she doesn't think she has anything to add. Hopefully these fics will inspire some discussion here between everyone. I know how you feel, it almost seems like I've read all the S/D fanfic out there, too. We can never have too much of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch

Royal
                    Great to see you here again, Royal! I agree with you on TBFTGOG. Daniel did seem quite taken aback when he first saw AU Sam, with that same open-mouthed stare that he had in Emancipation. Another thing I thought I noticed was in the scene where Daniel looks up the info on his AU self on the computer, then goes over to the world map and goes, "Uh oh." When Sam comes and asks what's wrong, he says "I think I'm dead." When he turns to her, he has this sort of little smile or grin on his face. It almost seemed like a sort of discrete show of appreciation to me. I know it probably wasn't, but it did seem that way to me when I first saw it.

I saw the physical attraction in Moebius, too. There is no denying that.

I also agree I saw some dismay and jealousy from Daniel when he saw AU Jack and Sam together. After Catherine says she guesses they're not engaged in his reality, the look he gives her and the way he says "No" sort of show it, as well as the look he has after Jack leaves. It's sort of this, "No, no this is all wrong!" type of thing.

LOL, I love the "You poor man" line from Broca Divide, too, especially the way Daniel says it. Another thing from that episode, but I love how they interact when they're doing those test of the gate or whatever it was in the gateroom, when Daniel asks Sam what she thinks happened with Johnson and she says "maybe he was drunk." Just the way they interact it shows how comfortable they are with each other. It's nice to see.

Comment

Yeah, Daniel does look rather stunned when he sees Sam for the first time in TBFtGG, and when she doesn't recognize him, he looks hurt. I think there's definitely attraction there.

And dismay, jealous dismay, when he sees Jack and Sam. I love his "you poor man" comment, and Jack's jealousy is priceless.
                      Oh that's another thing I forgot... he did look a bit hurt when she didn't recognize him. I always wondered why he said the "of course" part after Catherine told Sam who he was. At first I thought it was just him realizing that she wouldn't recognize him since no one else did, but now I think he might have said it as a result of being hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter
                        Oh..I'm getting really excited about the fics...although as of right now I'm sad to say that my creative juices are sapped , but I'm hoping that'll change soon
                        Aww...I bet it will. We can all inspire each other. My creativity isn't so great right now... I'm trying to write another fic at the moment and having a little difficulty with it... but hopefully that will change.

Comment

Anyone see some of the new season 10 pictures?
                          We have a couple photos that are for this thread.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/graphics/1002_01.shtml

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/graphics/1002_04.shtml

Comment

Thanks Master for the pics! Boy did I miss a lot yesterday! I like the story for season idea as well as the shippy missing scene as well. The whole movie change over thing is cool. I have a few ideas myself. The problem is just having the time to do it.

anyway real life is calling. To bad I can't hang up. LOL
                            Debby
                            Thanks Jess for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                              Okay. Well, I think the ending was a bit obscure, so I think I could take a bit and rewrite it... just a teeny bit.

Okay, here goes...

Sam felt as if her lungs would burst as she rushed down the street, ignoring the policemen and SWAT team members who told her to stay back. Her gait slowed as she neared the alley where the large wolf had been cornered.

Panting, she stared at the fearsome creature, barely aware for a moment that there were men pointing guns at it right behind her.

"Daniel," she said, still attempting to catch her breath. "They're going to kill you."

She was not sure she would succeed in getting through to him, but she had to try. This creature led a double life as the man she had grown to care very deeply about, ever since she'd first met him several weeks ago. During the day, he was a sweet, somewhat confused young man who also cared for her a great deal as well. But, by night, at least during a full moon, he turned into a ravenous creature who prowled the streets and surrounding areas of London, looking for prey that would sate his hunger.

"Daniel, please. Let me help you," Sam pleaded almost desperately. The creature stared back at her, his eyes boring almost menacingly into her own. Yet, he did not make a move to attack her.

Keeping her eyes focused on him, she uttered the words that she thought would help him reclaim his old identity. "I love you, Daniel."

Those words spoken, the wolf's snarl seemed to ease up. It was as if he was weakening, as if the words really penetrated his more primitive psyche.

And suddenly, he lunged forward, baring his teeth.

Sam had very little time to react before the SWAT team behind her started firing bullets at the creature. Several of them hit directly, causing it to fall back against the wall of the alley.

Sam stood in shock as the wolf lay still. Suddenly before her very eyes, there appeared to be a naked man with several bullet wounds in his upper leg as well as one in his torso.

Sam barely noticed that it had started raining as the tears fell from her eyes and she sobbed softly. Several policemen made their way up to her in hopes of consoling her, but she pushed them away.

She advanced down the alley and knelt next to the man she loved, the man whose life had ended so tragically. She touched his face and then began stroking his hair. Then, all she could do was hold him in her arms.

She didn't know how long she stayed like that, holding him, when she suddenly felt a warm breath on her hands. She removed them and thought she was witnessing a miracle. Daniel's eyes blinked open and he looked up at her, confused. "Sam?" he whispered.
                              Very nice, Jess. I haven't seen the movie, but I like your interpretation.

Comment

Yes, you are spoiling me, but I'd be lieing if I didn't say I go looking for it lol.It's not spoiling me as bad as iI was spoilt for the last few episodes of LOST *shakes head* but thats a whole other story. As soon as I've posted this I'm off to read the fanfic *rubs hands together* It's nice to know my opinions valued even though I hardly ever post lol. I may try my hand at writing a fanfic eventually but right now I have wayyyy to much RL stuff happening. As for your mind being a scary place, Isn't everyones mind a little drk and scary if you dig deep enough it's just some people (myself included) tend to show it more...It's sort of like how people call me a little insane...again a whole other story. Lol.
                                -JC
                                Ah, okay. I feel better about spoiling, then.

Of course, we value your input. We can use everyone's input and ideas... More voices, more variety, more creativity. And it's nice to hear another voice of s/d support.

If you do get a chance to write a fic, I'm sure we'd love to see it.

True. Everyone's mind is probably dark and scary. I just know I've scared myself with some of the stuff I've come up with, not that I've shown anyone that.

Comment

Working...
                                X