Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
    Okay, Kitty got me inspired. I did these kinda quick. I'll see what else I can come up with later.

I have 2 versions of the front:
    http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...irt08Front.jpg http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...rt08Front2.jpg

And the back:
    http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...hirt08Back.jpg
    Very cool ideas, Kitty, and I love your designs, Spacemonkey! Would be really cool to have shirts like this that we can all wear at fan gatherings and cons and whatnot. Only thing I would suggest is maybe using the link for the actual thread instead of a general one for GW? That's just my picky suggestion though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty Carter-Jackson View Post
      I'm glad that you're feeling better. Bronchitis is not fun, I haven't had it since I got my tonsils out.
      Thanks. Yep, it's no fun at all. Oh, lucky you. I got my tonsils out when I was 8 and I haven't had strep throat since then, but I still get bronchitis (then again it's probably 'cause I have asthma... I've had pneumonia a few times too).

No! No! I don't accept that. Why would they do that?
      Spoiler:
      Woolsey as the SGA head. That's just ridiculous. What does he know? Too bad Mandy isn't going to be there. I like her a lot.

I mean I knew we weren't going to get any SD on SGA, but the biggie is what really bothers me. What I do like is that Jewel Staite is going to be a main cast member.
      I haven't really had a chance to see SGA because I don't have cable. I only have the first season on DVD, but I'm getting the rest.

Seems we're still constantly being screwed when it comes to SD. But there probably won't be any DV, so that helps.
      To quote Daniel, I have no idea.

Spoiler:
      I'm still not sure behind the decision to do this. Only thing I could see in it is more tension between him and Shep, Rodney would probably ignore him or make fun of him or something... not sure about the rest.

All I know is that Mandy will appear in some episodes, but we don't know which ones. I'm willing to bet they won't be the same ones that MS will appear in though.

I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about SD anyway. Who knows what will happen when Daniel goes there. And as blasphemous as it sounds, he isn't the only reason I watch SGA (or will continue watching it, anyway).

Heh... you know, that is a good way of looking at it.
      *ducks DV shippers who may be lurking here*

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter View Post
      Hey all, it's been a while..I started a new job this week and I've been too tired to do anything

Love the ideas about the t-shirts! I'd be proud to wear it
      Hey, Col.Sam! Great to see ya again. Congrats on the new job! I hope it's going well. I had a job interview last week but it didn't go very well and I didn't get the job. Oh well, I'm not giving up though.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
        Very cool ideas, Kitty, and I love your designs, Spacemonkey! Would be really cool to have shirts like this that we can all wear at fan gatherings and cons and whatnot. Only thing I would suggest is maybe using the link for the actual thread instead of a general one for GW? That's just my picky suggestion though.
        I'd wear the shirt proudly.

That is the exact same idea I had. Make the addy specific for this thread, not just a general one. So it's not just you Jess. ::grin::
        sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

Thanks. Yep, it's no fun at all. Oh, lucky you. I got my tonsils out when I was 8 and I haven't had strep throat since then, but I still get bronchitis (then again it's probably 'cause I have asthma... I've had pneumonia a few times too).

I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about SD anyway. Who knows what will happen when Daniel goes there. And as blasphemous as it sounds, he isn't the only reason I watch SGA (or will continue watching it, anyway).

Heh... you know, that is a good way of looking at it.
          *ducks DV shippers who may be lurking here*
          I had asthma when I was younger, but it wasn't really bad. I only had an emergency inhaler. Never had pneumonia, thank the Gods.

Michael and Mandy aren't why I watch SGA either. I like Rodney in SGA, though I hated him in SG1. Well he was good in The Road Not Taken, but otherwise not so much.

See even in clouds of grey there's a silver lining. ::grin:: *Ducks DV'ers with Jess.*
          sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

I had that idea to. But the link to this thread was a bit long. I could go back and change it.

Comment

I'd wear the shirt proudly.

That is the exact same idea I had. Make the addy specific for this thread, not just a general one. So it's not just you Jess. ::grin::
              I had that idea to. But the link to this thread was a bit long. I could go back and change it.
              I totally understand. You're talking about this link right?
              "http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=10334"
              Guess the font would have to be smaller to do it... Eh, it's not really a big deal. And I'm with Kitty - I'd wear it proudly

I had asthma when I was younger, but it wasn't really bad. I only had an emergency inhaler. Never had pneumonia, thank the Gods.

Michael and Mandy aren't why I watch SGA either. I like Rodney in SGA, though I hated him in SG1. Well he was good in The Road Not Taken, but otherwise not so much.

See even in clouds of grey there's a silver lining. ::grin:: *Ducks DV'ers with Jess.*
              Wow, you're lucky. My asthma was never really that bad, just when I'd get sick. A couple of times I had to use a nebulizer but that was back in high school. I still have to get pneumonia vaccines every 5 years, but I don't mind too much even though it hurts worse than all get out (though I shouldn't complain cause I haven't had pneumonia in about 7 years).

Anyway... that's exactly how I feel about it. I like Rodney a lot better in SGA than I did in SG-1 (except for Road Not Taken, and maybe parts of Pegasus Project).

Heh... I was over lurking at the Daniel/MS thread the other day and some DVers were talking about the chemistry MS and CB have, how easy it is to become a DV shipper even when Vala takes off her supersoldier mask in PU.

So it got me thinking.... MS and AT have such good chemistry... or they used to, anyway (I guess we'll see if it holds true when Continuum comes out). I think we could see the chemistry not only between the actors but between the characters right in COTG. I mean, I guess it even goes without saying. The cartouche. The "I knew I'd like you" and finishing of sentences.... operating on the same wavelength and all that.

Sorry if I'm not making much sense... the meds I'm on for this bronchitis are making me a bit crazy.

Comment

And I'm with Kitty - I'd wear it proudly
                As an SD shipper who wouldn't?

Anyway... that's exactly how I feel about it. I like Rodney a lot better in SGA than I did in SG-1 (except for Road Not Taken, and maybe parts of Pegasus Project).
                Yeah he wasn't too bad in The Pegasus Project. I liked the scene where Cam threatened his life with a lemon. Quite cute. And the scene where Sam got annoyed with him, because of her "naked-ness" in his hallucination. I think I like him in The Road Not Taken, because he's not the same Rodney we know from SG1. Plus the glasses help. I have a weakness for glasses.

Heh... I was over lurking at the Daniel/MS thread the other day and some DVers were talking about the chemistry MS and CB have, how easy it is to become a DV shipper even when Vala takes off her supersoldier mask in PU.

So it got me thinking.... MS and AT have such good chemistry... or they used to, anyway (I guess we'll see if it holds true when Continuum comes out). I think we could see the chemistry not only between the actors but between the characters right in COTG. I mean, I guess it even goes without saying. The cartouche. The "I knew I'd like you" and finishing of sentences.... operating on the same wavelength and all that.
                I was never a DV shipper, and chemistry, I guess but not insane amounts. It's not like Milo Ventimiglia and Hayden Panettiere in Heroes. They have insane chemistry.

Yeah MS and AT do/did have great chemistry, even if we haven't seen it recently. The cartouche is like the pinnacle SD scene right up there with Singularity and Was there ever anything between us? I have hope for Continuum, but not high hope. We've been disappointed far more than I care for.
                sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

*waves sheepishly*

Hi, everyone. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I've been busy at work and almost constantly sick when I'm not working (even when I am, which sucks even more) and to make matters worse, I recently rediscovered a fandom I loved (in fact, it led me to my first efforts at fanfiction) and was introduced to another fandom by beakymoose (though mercifully, I haven't had fanfic ideas for the second one yet...well...not really)... Yeah, the pygmies dragged me into the first fandom and left me there, all the while laughing manically...

So... back on topic... Um, apologies, have no real idea what the topic is, but... hey... s/d, right? Saw briefly that there's more fanfic for me to read...Eek. Don't know when I'll have time, but I'll try. Like the t-shirt concept. Very nice.

Jess, I don't know if beakymoose told you, but she uploaded those clips you wanted... Crap. I don't have the link. Sorry.

And with more apologies for a very incoherent message, I'm off again...
                  The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Any good Sam/Daniel pictures from the upcoming Stargate movie?

Comment

Courtesy of Scary Kitty over in the Sparky thread, I bring you:
                      Romance Novel Cover Creator!

Have fun!

Comment

Just to let everyone know, that over at the Stargate Solutions Forum, Sam/Daniel ship got 2nd place in the "Favorite Ship" Thread!!!

Comment

As an SD shipper who wouldn't?
                          Heh... true, that.

Yeah he wasn't too bad in The Pegasus Project. I liked the scene where Cam threatened his life with a lemon. Quite cute. And the scene where Sam got annoyed with him, because of her "naked-ness" in his hallucination. I think I like him in The Road Not Taken, because he's not the same Rodney we know from SG1. Plus the glasses help. I have a weakness for glasses.
                          Yeah, I loved that scene myself. His expression when Cam held up the lemon was priceless. All good reasons to like him better in Road Not Taken - the glasses are quite nice (guess it's one of the reasons I like Daniel... yeah he goes without the glasses sometimes, I know... though I like his S1-9 glasses better than the S10 ones).

I was never a DV shipper, and chemistry, I guess but not insane amounts. It's not like Milo Ventimiglia and Hayden Panettiere in Heroes. They have insane chemistry.

Yeah MS and AT do/did have great chemistry, even if we haven't seen it recently. The cartouche is like the pinnacle SD scene right up there with Singularity and Was there ever anything between us? I have hope for Continuum, but not high hope. We've been disappointed far more than I care for.
                          I think there are different types of chemistry, and I know some Farscape/Claudia fans have said that she seems to generate chemistry with whomever she's acting with... that she tends to make the other person "special" in her eyes. Which I guess does make sense, although any chemistry between her/Vala and MS/Daniel doesn't translate into ship for me personally.

Exactly. I heard they were great when they appeared at that one con together - the Grand Slam Sci-Fi Summit in 2004. I wasn't there (sadly) but I read con reports and saw pics... I mean, they reenacted that kiss from the Resurrection pic. *sighs happily*

Yeah, it all begins with the cartouche scene. I made one of those posters out of that, actually... *digs it up*

Ah, here (in spoilers for size):

Spoiler:

That brings up an interesting question: Which would you think is the ultimate SD episode? I know we've all mentioned episodes like Cold Lazarus, Singularity, Holiday, Meridian, Fallen, Covenant, Sacrifices and Endgame (off the top of my head anyway), but if you could pick one episode that had the best show of SD in it (either from a ship POV or just friendship), which one would you pick?

Personally I always think of Singularity. It was the ep that made me a full-blown SD shipper (I loved them together before then, but this ep confirmed it totally). I know Sha're was still around at this point in time, but Daniel just shows so much care and concern for Sam throughout the whole episode. He's always there with her (waiting for her outside Cassie's room, with her and Janet as they're studying the object in Cassie's chest, with her when she's talking to Hammond, etc.). AT said that MS brought up during the first season that it just seemed logical for them to be together, until she reminded him of Sha're. I wonder if that episode had anything to do with it.

As I mentioned before it would be cool to pursue an AU fic where Sha're doesn't figure into the story (as in she's killed in COTG or around that time), that would show their relationship beginning to grow and unfold. And yeah I'd do it, but I've got enough fics piled up now as it is.

Originally posted by fishyone View Post
                          *waves sheepishly*

Hi, everyone. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I've been busy at work and almost constantly sick when I'm not working (even when I am, which sucks even more) and to make matters worse, I recently rediscovered a fandom I loved (in fact, it led me to my first efforts at fanfiction) and was introduced to another fandom by beakymoose (though mercifully, I haven't had fanfic ideas for the second one yet...well...not really)... Yeah, the pygmies dragged me into the first fandom and left me there, all the while laughing manically...

So... back on topic... Um, apologies, have no real idea what the topic is, but... hey... s/d, right? Saw briefly that there's more fanfic for me to read...Eek. Don't know when I'll have time, but I'll try. Like the t-shirt concept. Very nice.

Jess, I don't know if beakymoose told you, but she uploaded those clips you wanted... Crap. I don't have the link. Sorry.

And with more apologies for a very incoherent message, I'm off again...
                          (((((fishy))))) No apologies necessary. I was wondering what happened to you, but I figured you had a lot of stuff going on. Sorry to hear you were sick - hope you're getting better. I've been sick too... 2 weeks with bronchitis. Finally feeling better now. I know what you mean about discovering other fandoms or going back to them. Same thing's happened to me (I've been spending some time over at Supernatural sites/forums) and it gets hard to juggle all the different fandoms sometimes. It's great to see you back here again.

No problem - I got the email from beakymoose about the clips and the links to them... I've got them all and I thanked her (hope she got my email). Once I make a full recovery hopefully I'll have more time to work on this music video.

Comment

*runs in*

*runs out*

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower View Post
                              Any good Sam/Daniel pictures from the upcoming Stargate movie?
                              Hey, MasterPower. Not really any from Ark of Truth, but there are a couple from Continuum. I'll post them in spoiler tags:

Spoiler:

Originally posted by AnnaBee View Post
                              Courtesy of Scary Kitty over in the Sparky thread, I bring you:
                              Romance Novel Cover Creator!

Have fun!

*grin* I love it, AnnaBee! Great job

Wish I'd seen this one before I went over there and made one (I saw your link to it in the C/V thread):

pretty much the same idea but I like yours better.

Just to let everyone know, that over at the Stargate Solutions Forum, Sam/Daniel ship got 2nd place in the "Favorite Ship" Thread!!!
                              Oh, cool! Great news! Hmm should I wager a guess as to which one got 1st place?

Nah... not gonna bother. Still it's cool that we got 2nd place. I totally would have helped out if I'd be over there earlier... stinks being sick. But still 2nd place is cool!

I love the Valentine's Day sig too!! I'm gonna use it and credit you

Comment

Oh my! I didn't see that last Continuum pic before! Awww...

Wow, I never thought I'd say that about anything post season 9 (apart from Cam of course... and Daniel on occasion).

Anywho, just dropping you a fic link but I'm going to go snurching pics for my happy thoughts collection. lol. *looks round*

What I Really Meant to Say -- http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4074327/...y_Meant_to_Say

One-shot, fluff, etc, set in season 10. Ooh, did I say songFic too? Ok, I just did. : D Daniel goes to see Sam in her lab, and she finally tells him what she really meant to say. SamDaniel. Lyrics are What I Really Meant to Say by Cyndi Thompson (there's a really good vid based around Fallen by Callea with that song... I think it's on YouTube in the regrowing SamDaniel stash... yay.)

: )
                                (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X