Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM
    Hey, Spacemonkey_jackson!

I made a couple of new avatars from the 200th episode pic from SciFi's site. Wish I had some more ideas for them, but this was all I could come up with

Jess!

((((HUGS))))

Those Avatars are great, Jess!

Comment

I love the banner!! I agree that we need more moments... plus i figured I'd help bump up S/D on the site...
      Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

ya know, I am in the middle of writing one about my supper crappy day on Monday - so anything where Sam goes off should fit in nicely! besides, we all need more fics in our world... or maybe I am depriving myself at work....

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter
          Oh come on...post it...I'd like to read it!
          Weeeell... okay. I'll put it in spoiler tags since I think it's a big long-ish.

Spoiler:
          Stolen

Author: Jess

Rating: G

Subjects: Unrequited Love/UST, Drabble, First Person POV

Spoilers: Prometheus Unbound, Avalon, and vague spoilers for the first five episodes of Season 9.

Summary: Vala has stolen something valuable from Sam. Sam’s thoughts some time in Season 10.

Standard disclaimers apply.

For years you were my confidante.

We shared a friendship so close, so special, that one might even say we were soul mates.

And then she entered the picture.

She was different; long, black hair, bold with an acerbic wit that aided her in all her conniving activities.

All the things that I am not.

She’d stolen you along with our ship and held you hostage until the tables were turned.

She’d stolen you away from the chance of traveling to Atlantis and had nearly stolen your sanity when she linked you to her with those bracelets.

Yet, buried underneath that scheming, manipulative persona was a hint of a moral compass. I suppose that’s what eventually drew you to her.

She is linked to you once again, but not against your will. You have gained patience and understanding for her. You appreciate her presence. You share her happiness. You share her pain and do not hesitate to comfort her.

Just as you used to with me.

Now you hardly acknowledge my presence. You show indifference to my happiness, as well as my pain. It’s as if the friendship that has stood the test of time has been unceremoniously erased from the history books.

And in her hand is the eraser.

You were stolen from me and I can’t get you back. And it hurts more than you’ll ever know.

Comment

I totally agree with your banner...we have definitely been deprived of the Sam/Daniel moments, including friendship. They don't seem to be as close as they once were...what happened?
            Thanks. Yeah it's a bit of a letdown. I know Daniel has been gone for the past two eps but most of the spoilers I've read for the rest of this season don't mention him and Sam in any scenes together, so....

Sadly I think TPTB have grown bored with their interaction. They probably feel that he has better chemistry with Vala and they should show it every free chance they get - even if it's at the expense of his other friendships (especially S/D). I don't deny that MS and CB have comedic timing - but I don't think it's a good reason to have Sam and Daniel drift apart like this.

Over at the Sam-Daniel-Rebellion group, as part of the "still together" celebration, we had an option of writing letters to tptb asking for more little moments between them - that they're great onscreen together. But no one's done anything yet...

Here's a few more variations on that banner. If anyone would like to use any of them somewhere, please feel free.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson
              Jess!

((((HUGS))))

Those Avatars are great, Jess!
              Thank you!

((((HUGS BACK!))))

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03
                I love the banner!! I agree that we need more moments... plus i figured I'd help bump up S/D on the site...
                Heehee...thanks! Yep... we so need to see more. Would be great to let tptb know some way that we're missing these two interacting.

Here's two more banners...

(yup this is how I spent my lunch hour today )

Comment

ya know, I am in the middle of writing one about my supper crappy day on Monday - so anything where Sam goes off should fit in nicely! besides, we all need more fics in our world... or maybe I am depriving myself at work....
                  Awww ((((chris)))) Well, I do have some done but Sam gets pretty...mouthy with Daniel, to the point of uttering an expletive. Shocking I know - since I'm usually pretty benign in my writing, lol... but I did ...um.... the typing equivalent of bleeping it out. It's the beginning of a story I did not too long ago. It's set S10. Daniel and Sam have been in a serious relationship for at least a year... Vala comes back and Daniel starts ignoring Sam. They (he and Vala) are going out to dinner and Sam loses it because he's cheating on her. There's going to be a little sorta twist at the end, to explain his behavior. I will make it end on a happy note though. Oh and I probably won't post it at our groups or on my site since I think people there might have a problem with it... But it helped me let off steam to write it... have a chapter and a half of it done.

Comment

Weeeell... okay. I'll put it in spoiler tags since I think it's a big long-ish.

Spoiler:
                    Stolen

Author: Jess

Rating: G

Subjects: Unrequited Love/UST, Drabble, First Person POV

Spoilers: Prometheus Unbound, Avalon, and vague spoilers for the first five episodes of Season 9.

Summary: Vala has stolen something valuable from Sam. Sam’s thoughts some time in Season 10.

Standard disclaimers apply.

For years you were my confidante.

We shared a friendship so close, so special, that one might even say we were soul mates.

And then she entered the picture.

She was different; long, black hair, bold with an acerbic wit that aided her in all her conniving activities.

All the things that I am not.

She’d stolen you along with our ship and held you hostage until the tables were turned.

She’d stolen you away from the chance of traveling to Atlantis and had nearly stolen your sanity when she linked you to her with those bracelets.

Yet, buried underneath that scheming, manipulative persona was a hint of a moral compass. I suppose that’s what eventually drew you to her.

She is linked to you once again, but not against your will. You have gained patience and understanding for her. You appreciate her presence. You share her happiness. You share her pain and do not hesitate to comfort her.

Just as you used to with me.

Now you hardly acknowledge my presence. You show indifference to my happiness, as well as my pain. It’s as if the friendship that has stood the test of time has been unceremoniously erased from the history books.

And in her hand is the eraser.

You were stolen from me and I can’t get you back. And it hurts more than you’ll ever know.
                    Good one Jess...it is a little depressing because it's true

Comment

I think my muse has been put into over drive on the weekends since I am making a whole new website so it does not want to play with fics. I agree, sadly i think there could be a few moments where Sam just needs to go off into a room on her own and scream.

I really like the interaction/tension between Sam and Vala we have seen in the past. I think TPTB are at least acknowledging that there is something underlying that Sam does not like about Vala. Is it because she is hooked with Daniel like a fish on a hook? Maybe (heeheh we shippers say 'yes'). but I can't help but think that maybe it could be the fact that Sam is feeling like she is not the "girl" anymore.

Vala is more flirty, boastous, and just all around in your face. Sam is so the oppisite - well except when she was with Pete *gag*. I don't know... there is another 'chew-on-this' thought...

(ps. i have started on the mitchell project s10, and will try to invuse more of the shippy love that we *know* is there... creative license is so freeing!)

Spoiler:

Comment

Good one Jess...it is a little depressing because it's true
                        Thanks. *sigh* Yeah, I know. When I get depressed about something, something like that is usually the result... oh and the fic where she goes off on Daniel. I think I'll post a snippet of it here in Spoiler tags actually... if no one minds.

Spoiler:
                        Can What’s Broken Be Mended?

Notes: Set in S10. Standard disclaimers apply.

Sam entered her office and sat at her desk, looking ill. Had she just heard right – Daniel was taking Vala out to dinner? They were going on a date?? What was going on here?

No, this couldn’t be right. Daniel belonged to her. They had revealed their long hidden feelings for each other not long after Daniel descended for the second time. They were, for all intents and purposes, a couple. Even while Sam was working at Area 51, they still kept in close communication with one another. And, after she returned and was working with SG-1 again, they picked up right where they had left off in their relationship.

Their relationship had grown and blossomed into something truly beautiful, and they enjoyed every minute of each other’s company. Daniel was completely faithful to Sam, and she to him. It only seemed natural that their relationship was ready to progress to the next step.

Then, it all began unraveling.

Vala reentered their lives. She’d been lost for months, apparently in the Ori home galaxy and had become impregnated. She carried a child who contained all the knowledge of the formidable enemies. Disaster had been averted when Daniel was able to beam aboard the Ori ship she was on. She’d given birth to the child while he was with her. They’d tried to understand Adria, tried to get through to her and see how her knowledge might be useful to them. …though it was more dangerous than useful.

She’d also spent quite a deal of time with Daniel during a mission to Atlantis. Somehow, the child had brought her and Daniel closer together, as did the incident where she’d lost her memory not that long ago.

And, all this time, he and Sam had begun drifting apart. They weren’t living together just yet, as the decision regarding their living arrangements had been put off by the mission to find Merlin’s weapon. Nevertheless, Daniel would usually stop in to see Sam in her lab or office first thing in the morning, usually greeting her with a cup of coffee and a passionate kiss. Then the kisses became more small and innocent, like a peck on the cheek. Then he stopped kissing her altogether.

There were times when Sam would drive over to Daniel’s house and they’d travel together to the SGC, usually in Daniel’s car. Then Daniel started giving Sam excuses, such as his car hesitating and not wanting to take chances with it. Sam insisted that they go in her car. Daniel had no choice but to accept, but then he’d start with other excuses, the most common being that he didn’t feel well and would arrive at the SGC later.

It was enough to make Sam paranoid. In this case, her paranoia was justified: all the while, he seemed to be growing closer to Vala.

Now Daniel was going out to dinner with her. Sam slammed her hand down on her desk in frustration. Da** it, she was in a serious relationship with him! It wasn’t like Daniel to ever be unfaithful. So, why was this happening? Did Vala have him drugged or otherwise under a spell? Sam’s eyes narrowed angrily when she considered the possibility.

She decided that all she could do now was to confront him. She had to get him to tell her, point blank, whether he still loved her or not. With all the resolve she could muster, she rose from her chair and headed out of her office.

She found Daniel alone in his office, studying some alien artifact. Her expression turned to stone as she knocked rigidly on the doorjamb.

Daniel’s gaze flew over to the doorway and he looked at Sam curiously. “Sam?”

“I have to talk to you,” she said coldly.

Daniel’s expression turned bewildered for a moment before he shrugged and gestured for her to enter. The somewhat impersonal gesture made her realize even more how things were now different between them.

She searched his face for a long moment. “Do you love me?”

“W-what?” he answered, taken by surprise.

“Do you love me?” she repeated, sounding a bit testy.

“What kind of question is that?” he sidestepped.

“Just answer the question!” she raised her voice impatiently.

“I … of course I love you, Sam,” he answered. The tone of his voice made it seem as if he was offended.

“Then why haven’t you been showing it?” she demanded with a tight voice.

Daniel shook his head, looking as if he didn’t know what she was talking about.

“You know da** well what I mean,” she said in answer to his silent question. “Ever since Vala returned, we’ve been growing apart. What happened to those wonderful kisses we’d share and the coffee first thing in the morning? Now you hardly ever visit me at all, only if you need something like information related to one of our missions. We’d spend time together off base during down time. Now you’re spending more and more time with Vala … and what’s this ‘dinner date’ about, anyway?”

Daniel scoffed incredulously. “She’s a friend. I’m not allowed to have dinner with my friends every now and then?”

Sam felt her patience wearing thinner and thinner. She rolled her eyes. “When was the last time you had dinner with Cameron, or Teal’c … or me?!” she challenged.

“I …” Daniel shook his head, appearing at a loss for words. “It’s just a dinner, Sam,” he said instead.

“It’s just a dinner, is it? Well, it doesn’t sound like it to me. If it was dinner with Vala and Cameron, or Vala and Teal’c, or even the three of us, then it would be ‘just a dinner.’ That’s not what it is. The two of you are having an intimate dinner, completely alone.”

Daniel blushed and his eyes narrowed. “That’s really none of your concern,” he replied, his tone quiet and angry.

Sam’s eyes widened in fury and she launched herself at him, pointing an index finger in his face. “**** you, Daniel! We’re in a serious relationship … or at least we were! Of course it’s my concern! Does the word ‘cheating’ mean anything to you?!”

“Why are you insisting that I’m cheating on you? It’s just a dinner …”

“Just keep convincing yourself. I don’t buy it,” she interrupted bitterly. “When you’re in a serious relationship with someone, you make an effort to spend as much time as you can with them. You don’t abandon them or look at them as if you’re seeing them for the first time in your life. I thought you knew that.”

Daniel scoffed again, shaking his head. “You’re being paranoid, Sam.”

Sam uttered a sound of disbelief herself. “Oh, what, do I need proof that you’ve been avoiding me, or a witness? Why can’t you just admit it?”

“Because there’s nothing to admit,” Daniel said through clenched teeth.

His difficulty was building a mountain of frustration inside her. “Then why don’t you just come out and say that you no longer love me?”

Daniel was silent. It sparked a glimmer of hope inside her that he did still love her. It faded quickly when she realized that he wasn’t going to tell her either way. It was as if he couldn’t really decide if he did love her or not. That was enough for Sam to assume that he didn’t think they had anything special between them. She stared at him, her hardened gaze tinged very slightly with sadness.

And then she took off, walking briskly away from his office and never looking back.

Sorry it's so intense. I was not in a very good mood when I wrote it. There's more after that, where Daniel is nasty to Sam during a mission. I don't want to post it though if it's going to bother anyone. It's not really bad but he is kind of mean to her.

Comment

I think my muse has been put into over drive on the weekends since I am making a whole new website so it does not want to play with fics. I agree, sadly i think there could be a few moments where Sam just needs to go off into a room on her own and scream.

I really like the interaction/tension between Sam and Vala we have seen in the past. I think TPTB are at least acknowledging that there is something underlying that Sam does not like about Vala. Is it because she is hooked with Daniel like a fish on a hook? Maybe (heeheh we shippers say 'yes'). but I can't help but think that maybe it could be the fact that Sam is feeling like she is not the "girl" anymore.

Vala is more flirty, boastous, and just all around in your face. Sam is so the oppisite - well except when she was with Pete *gag*. I don't know... there is another 'chew-on-this' thought...

(ps. i have started on the mitchell project s10, and will try to invuse more of the shippy love that we *know* is there... creative license is so freeing!)
                          Yep I agree - poor Sam just needs to unload

I would hazard a guess that one thing Sam does not like is that Vala doesn't play by the rules so much - but yeah, I definitely think there could be something underlying it. It's possible that she doesn't feel like the "girl" anymore. In one of my fics I had her jealous and I guess that drabble I posted pretty much shows it too. So Vala is spunky and aggressive and flirty... I would hope that it's not a case of Daniel suddenly being tired of Sam and deciding he likes Vala's qualities better. I think that would be a huge slap in the face to Sam and if that was the case I'd say that Sam is better off without Daniel's friendship - I would HATE to say that and I don't want to think that Daniel would really be that uncaring of his friend of so many years. So I really hope that isn't the case. (Danny lovers please do not misunderstand - I love him too, I just don't want to end up losing respect for him)

*depressed sigh* Well I am looking forward to more Mitchell Projects then...especially if you can inject some of the shippy stuff into it (just as long as it's for the right ship lol).

Comment

Thought I'd post this before I get back to work...
                            Remember the good times

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Can What’s Broken Be Mended?

Notes: Set in S10. Standard disclaimers apply.

Sam entered her office and sat at her desk, looking ill. Had she just heard right – Daniel was taking Vala out to dinner? They were going on a date?? What was going on here?

No, this couldn’t be right. Daniel belonged to her. They had revealed their long hidden feelings for each other not long after Daniel descended for the second time. They were, for all intents and purposes, a couple. Even while Sam was working at Area 51, they still kept in close communication with one another. And, after she returned and was working with SG-1 again, they picked up right where they had left off in their relationship.

Their relationship had grown and blossomed into something truly beautiful, and they enjoyed every minute of each other’s company. Daniel was completely faithful to Sam, and she to him. It only seemed natural that their relationship was ready to progress to the next step.

Then, it all began unraveling.

Vala reentered their lives. She’d been lost for months, apparently in the Ori home galaxy and had become impregnated. She carried a child who contained all the knowledge of the formidable enemies. Disaster had been averted when Daniel was able to beam aboard the Ori ship she was on. She’d given birth to the child while he was with her. They’d tried to understand Adria, tried to get through to her and see how her knowledge might be useful to them. …though it was more dangerous than useful.

She’d also spent quite a deal of time with Daniel during a mission to Atlantis. Somehow, the child had brought her and Daniel closer together, as did the incident where she’d lost her memory not that long ago.

And, all this time, he and Sam had begun drifting apart. They weren’t living together just yet, as the decision regarding their living arrangements had been put off by the mission to find Merlin’s weapon. Nevertheless, Daniel would usually stop in to see Sam in her lab or office first thing in the morning, usually greeting her with a cup of coffee and a passionate kiss. Then the kisses became more small and innocent, like a peck on the cheek. Then he stopped kissing her altogether.

There were times when Sam would drive over to Daniel’s house and they’d travel together to the SGC, usually in Daniel’s car. Then Daniel started giving Sam excuses, such as his car hesitating and not wanting to take chances with it. Sam insisted that they go in her car. Daniel had no choice but to accept, but then he’d start with other excuses, the most common being that he didn’t feel well and would arrive at the SGC later.

It was enough to make Sam paranoid. In this case, her paranoia was justified: all the while, he seemed to be growing closer to Vala.

Now Daniel was going out to dinner with her. Sam slammed her hand down on her desk in frustration. Da** it, she was in a serious relationship with him! It wasn’t like Daniel to ever be unfaithful. So, why was this happening? Did Vala have him drugged or otherwise under a spell? Sam’s eyes narrowed angrily when she considered the possibility.

She decided that all she could do now was to confront him. She had to get him to tell her, point blank, whether he still loved her or not. With all the resolve she could muster, she rose from her chair and headed out of her office.

She found Daniel alone in his office, studying some alien artifact. Her expression turned to stone as she knocked rigidly on the doorjamb.

Daniel’s gaze flew over to the doorway and he looked at Sam curiously. “Sam?”

“I have to talk to you,” she said coldly.

Daniel’s expression turned bewildered for a moment before he shrugged and gestured for her to enter. The somewhat impersonal gesture made her realize even more how things were now different between them.

She searched his face for a long moment. “Do you love me?”

“W-what?” he answered, taken by surprise.

“Do you love me?” she repeated, sounding a bit testy.

“What kind of question is that?” he sidestepped.

“Just answer the question!” she raised her voice impatiently.

“I … of course I love you, Sam,” he answered. The tone of his voice made it seem as if he was offended.

“Then why haven’t you been showing it?” she demanded with a tight voice.

Daniel shook his head, looking as if he didn’t know what she was talking about.

“You know da** well what I mean,” she said in answer to his silent question. “Ever since Vala returned, we’ve been growing apart. What happened to those wonderful kisses we’d share and the coffee first thing in the morning? Now you hardly ever visit me at all, only if you need something like information related to one of our missions. We’d spend time together off base during down time. Now you’re spending more and more time with Vala … and what’s this ‘dinner date’ about, anyway?”

Daniel scoffed incredulously. “She’s a friend. I’m not allowed to have dinner with my friends every now and then?”

Sam felt her patience wearing thinner and thinner. She rolled her eyes. “When was the last time you had dinner with Cameron, or Teal’c … or me?!” she challenged.

“I …” Daniel shook his head, appearing at a loss for words. “It’s just a dinner, Sam,” he said instead.

“It’s just a dinner, is it? Well, it doesn’t sound like it to me. If it was dinner with Vala and Cameron, or Vala and Teal’c, or even the three of us, then it would be ‘just a dinner.’ That’s not what it is. The two of you are having an intimate dinner, completely alone.”

Daniel blushed and his eyes narrowed. “That’s really none of your concern,” he replied, his tone quiet and angry.

Sam’s eyes widened in fury and she launched herself at him, pointing an index finger in his face. “**** you, Daniel! We’re in a serious relationship … or at least we were! Of course it’s my concern! Does the word ‘cheating’ mean anything to you?!”

“Why are you insisting that I’m cheating on you? It’s just a dinner …”

“Just keep convincing yourself. I don’t buy it,” she interrupted bitterly. “When you’re in a serious relationship with someone, you make an effort to spend as much time as you can with them. You don’t abandon them or look at them as if you’re seeing them for the first time in your life. I thought you knew that.”

Daniel scoffed again, shaking his head. “You’re being paranoid, Sam.”

Sam uttered a sound of disbelief herself. “Oh, what, do I need proof that you’ve been avoiding me, or a witness? Why can’t you just admit it?”

“Because there’s nothing to admit,” Daniel said through clenched teeth.

His difficulty was building a mountain of frustration inside her. “Then why don’t you just come out and say that you no longer love me?”

Daniel was silent. It sparked a glimmer of hope inside her that he did still love her. It faded quickly when she realized that he wasn’t going to tell her either way. It was as if he couldn’t really decide if he did love her or not. That was enough for Sam to assume that he didn’t think they had anything special between them. She stared at him, her hardened gaze tinged very slightly with sadness.

And then she took off, walking briskly away from his office and never looking back.
                              Ooo I liked this one...I was waiting for Sam to haul off and slap Daniel or something...that would have been interesting...lol I think that would've totally shocked Daniel...

Comment

Ooo I liked this one...I was waiting for Sam to haul off and slap Daniel or something...that would have been interesting...lol I think that would've totally shocked Daniel...
                                Thanks I was thinking the same exact thing when I was looking it over again earlier... I think that might come later though. Daniel will repent and tell her he's really sorry... she trusts him and they sort of get back together. But at some point he keeps mentioning Vala's name while they're...um...intimate. Sam throws him out and I think they're might be some slapping going on.

Kind of depressing I know, but I plan to end it on a positive note.

Only 30 minutes til all the episode stuff starts. Here's hoping that we get at least one scene of Daniel and Sam next to each other in the same room! (hey at this point I'll take anything, lol)

Comment

Working...
                                X