Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM
    ETA: Oh, hey, I just realized this is the 1500th post in this thread! Now let's try to get up to 2000!
    Oh that's too cool!!
    Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Heehee....yep! There's more posts here than I thought. I love your new sig banner - my thoughts exactly!

Comment

Me again... tonight is Pegasus Project. Guess there will be no S/D moments or even interaction in this one. Despite that I hope it'll be a decent ep.

Here's a new pic. I got it from the stargate-project.de site. It's a promo pic for episode 200... I did a bit of "photoshopping" since Vala was originally next to Daniel, and Sam on the other side of her. Hey, it's a way for them to be together in pics!

Posting link here just in case anyone finds it spoiler-y (though it doesn't seem to be): http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...iel/1006_1.jpg

Comment

*blinks* *considers taping eyelids open*

Hi...I'm back... Very, very briefly... Like, half an hour, tops, before I pass out in front of my computer out of sheer exhaustion....

I have been very busy lately, and I couldn't watch the eps when they aired, so I stayed away from my email & gateworld so that I was not spoiled... And now I've caught up (only I'm missing tonight's ep...), so I'm back, but then I'm leaving tomorrow to visit family in Minnesota, and so I can't stay long...and will be gone until at least the 13th of August... Not sure if I will have internet access or not, so...if I don't... that's when I'll be back...

Love the caps, everyone... and the artwork and the pics...

Okay, fic discussiony stuff.... I think it was settled that we're doing the AU Spirits fic... so... um... we'll get started on that soon... (let me sleep... I'll brainstorm and leave a prompt for everyone if that's okay...)
          The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

I mentioned an idea for this fic a while back, and I did actually get it written while I waited for my boring job to be over, so... a gift because I was gone so long and will be gone again...

Never Alone
            PG, just in case
            Word Count 1,175
            Summary: Jacob thinks over the events of Death Knell
            Disclaimer: The characters are not mine, if they were, the show would be very different, and I'm not getting paid for this because if I was, I'd be writing for the show, and that will never happen.

Never Alone

With a Tok’ra symbiote, Jacob Carter was never really alone. Still, when that symbiote was working to heal his injuries, it was unusually quiet in his head, giving him time to think. Had he been without Selmak, his thoughts might have been concentrated on his injury because without Selmak, it would have been fatal. Selmak’s efforts to repair the damage had kept him alive, kept hope alive. Sam would make it through this. Sam would make it through this. Sam would survive. If Jacob survived, then Sam could survive. He was glad Selmak was too distracted to remind him of the odds against his daughter surviving an encounter with a kull warrior on her own.
            It was Sam’s survival that kept Jacob hoping, that kept Selmak fighting to keep them both alive. Wherever she was, Jacob’s thoughts were with her, and she was not alone.

Jacob hovered near the edge of losing consciousness, just barely on this side of the blackness, when the rest of SG-1 found him. They freed him from where he’d been trapped, and he told them where to find Sam. Jack and Teal’c would be the most capable of finding Sam and defending her against the super soldier, but Jacob didn’t miss the look of disappointment in Daniel’s eyes as they told him to stay. Daniel wanted to help Sam as much as Jack and Teal’c. Jacob couldn’t help feeling that Daniel had as much of a right to be on the rescue team as anyone.

Daniel’s disappointment would have seemed to be brief, quickly buried and over. He sat down next to Jacob, taking the field med kit all members of an off-world team carried and bound Jacob’s leg. Assistance would soon come to get Jacob back to the gate, but Daniel insisted on giving Jacob the best medical attention possible under the circumstances.

“They’ll find Sam,” Jacob told Daniel confidently.

Daniel looked at Jacob, smiled slightly, and said, “I hope so.”

Jacob wondered at Daniel’s doubt. Jacob was the one less likely to hope, but Daniel seemed to have lost his earlier confidence. Here was the man who had been convinced that he would get his wife back up until her death, but he couldn’t believe that Sam would be found alive.

Daniel’s attention to Jacob’s wounds and almost cheerful conversation distracted the older man, bringing to mind the other times that Daniel had cared for him while he was injured. The first time had been after the Reetu infiltrated the SGC. Jacob hadn’t been under Daniel’s care then, but the young archeologist had stopped by to check on him while he recovered. The gentle, intelligent man considered by many to be the conscience of the SGC had a track record of caring, visiting friend and enemy alike in the infirmary. Still, Daniel’s presence was always welcome, his good and kind nature pleasant to someone who was recovering. And Jacob knew that he and Selmak owed a debt to Daniel, who had risked his life along with the rest of SG-1 and Martouf/Lantash to rescue Jacob from Netu. But Daniel had also cared for Jacob when Apophis took Sam. He’d helped him after they crashed trying to reach the Tok’ra base and rescue Sam, Jack, and Teal’c.

When Jacob thought about it, Daniel had quite the record of taking care of him, and not just him, but also Sam. Sure, in a firefight, you wanted Jack or Teal’c by your side, but after the fight was over, whether the wounds were physical or emotional, it was Daniel you wanted by your side.

No wonder he’d come to look at Daniel almost like a son. With Daniel Jackson as your friend, you were never alone.

There were times when Jacob missed being alone. Selmak’s outrage and indignation over the actions of the Tok’ra council knew no bounds. He still believed that their best chance of eliminating the Goa’uld threat was in the alliance between Earth, the Tok’ra and the Jaffa, an alliance that had now crumbled. The Tok’ra and the free Jaffa had withdrawn, and now the Goa’uld would seek out and destroy what little remained of each group.

The Tok’ra had grown arrogant, like their brethren and enemies, the Goa’uld. Confident of their own superiority, they had not paid attention to their growing losses. Few Tok’ra remained, and they placed the blame for this on their alliance with Earth. But the Tok’ra had been hunted for years before their alliance. The Goa’uld had made them targets long ago. But they had not fallen in as great a number as they had now. They blamed the alliance, blamed change. But Anubis would have risen with or without the interference of Earth. Of that, Jacob and Selmak were certain.

Jacob was still fuming when he reached Sam’s bedside. He looked down at his daughter and smiled. “Howdy, kid. You were asleep for a long time. You gave me quite a scare.”

Sam looked at him. “I'm sorry.”

“Jack told me what happened. I'm proud of you,” Jacob said. He always was. He always would be. “Look Sam, I may not be able to come around as much for the next little while.”

Sam looked confused, maybe a little frightened. “What do you mean?”
            Jacob sighed. “Things kind of got screwed up while you were out there. The alliance is in trouble.”

“I don't understand.”

“You don't need to know the details right now. Let's just say we're going our separate ways for a while. If I stay with the Tok’ra, I can at least try to mend some fences,” Jacob hoped this would be enough to satisfy her.

“You sure?”

“I'm not ready to give up on this just yet,” Jacob said. The alliance had to be restored. He kissed her. “Don't worry, I'll be back eventually.”

“I'll miss you.”

“I'll miss you, too. Bye.”

“Dad,” Sam began, and Jacob hated to deny that look in her eyes. She was a grown up woman with an amazing career in the Air Force, but she’d been through hell, and her eyes pleaded like a child’s. Daddy, don’t leave me.
            A career in the military had trained Jacob to put the needs of his country above those of his own and his family, and now he considered not just a country but a world, even a galaxy. He could not deny that, at the moment, it seemed far greater a concern than his daughter’s comfort. He sighed and walked out of the room.

He almost ran into Daniel, who was in a hurry—to check on Sam. Jacob looked at him, again admiring the archeologist’s loyalty, remembering how Sam’s welfare had become Daniel’s chief concern after Jacob was safe in the infirmary. Jacob turned back and watched them from the doorway.

Sam’s face lit up when she saw Daniel, and Daniel looked at her so tenderly that Jacob wondered how he hadn’t seen it before. He smiled. He didn’t need to worry about Sam. When Daniel Jackson loved someone, they were never alone.

Comment

Okay... I started it... I'll start by saying that I did make it more AU than it was... since I didn't want Daniel to still be married to Sha're when he married Sam in the fic, I had her die in Secrets at the hand of Heru'ur's Jaffa... (I know you have an AU where Sha're dies in Secrets, Jess... I hope you don't mind the similiarities.)

My disclaimer over, standard ones apply (not mine, etc...)

Spirits Know Best
              (working title)
              Part 1

Someone had said there was nothing like a quiet, routine mission to take Daniel’s mind off of things. He wasn’t sure that he believed that person, especially since it was Jack, but at least a mission wasn’t a time for him to think about Sha’re again. He’d been given time off after her death, but all he could do was think about her…about how she was never coming back, about how he had failed her… He was glad to be back on missions, back where having too much work could keep his mind off that terrible moment when Heru’ur’s Jaffa shot Daniel’s wife when she wouldn’t give him the child. Teal’c had arrived a moment too late, too late to stop the Jaffa, and too late to save Sha’re. Daniel had only been able to tell her he loved her before she died. He’d hidden her child with Kasuf, and he hoped that he could somehow protect the boy as he had not Sha’re.

But he wasn’t supposed to be thinking about that. He looked at Sam, who was waiting for Daniel’s input on what Tonane had just said. Tonane looked puzzled. Daniel smiled apologetically. “I’m sorry. I was thinking about my wife and—”

Tonane smiled. Daniel cursed. He hadn’t meant to say anything about Sha’re. “I mean, I was distracted. Could you repeat that?”

Tonane smiled again. “Who could not be distracted by a woman as beautiful as Sam?”

Daniel coughed. “Uh…”

Sam looked at him, then Tonane. “Daniel, what did you say to him?”

Daniel grinned helplessly. Teal’c bowed his head a little. “I believe Tonane now believes you and Daniel Jackson are husband and wife, Captain Carter.”

“What?” Sam demanded, her eyes wide. “Daniel!”

“I didn’t say that you were my wife. I said I was thinking of my wife—”

“You are not married?” Tonane asked.

“No,” Sam began. “We’re just—”

“The Spirits are unhappy,” Tonane observed, looking at a nearby wolf. “I think it is best that you marry at once.”

“What?” Sam and Daniel asked in unison.

Comment

Aww, both of these fics are great fishyone!

Comment

Nice fanfics.
                  What did everyone think of the new episode last night?

Comment

I liked last nights episode...I thought it was funny, although there weren't really any Sam/Daniel moments...oh well...it's only the 3rd ep of the season, so there's still hope...

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
                      *blinks* *considers taping eyelids open*

Hi...I'm back... Very, very briefly... Like, half an hour, tops, before I pass out in front of my computer out of sheer exhaustion....

I have been very busy lately, and I couldn't watch the eps when they aired, so I stayed away from my email & gateworld so that I was not spoiled... And now I've caught up (only I'm missing tonight's ep...), so I'm back, but then I'm leaving tomorrow to visit family in Minnesota, and so I can't stay long...and will be gone until at least the 13th of August... Not sure if I will have internet access or not, so...if I don't... that's when I'll be back...

Love the caps, everyone... and the artwork and the pics...

Okay, fic discussiony stuff.... I think it was settled that we're doing the AU Spirits fic... so... um... we'll get started on that soon... (let me sleep... I'll brainstorm and leave a prompt for everyone if that's okay...)
                      Yay, you're back...briefly back! We'll miss ya... but we'll be glad when you get back.

Thanks! Yup, some great pics and things have been posted here by everyone.

Sounds good. Is that the fic that's going to be the Round Robin one? I'm kind of confused....

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
                        Okay... I started it... I'll start by saying that I did make it more AU than it was... since I didn't want Daniel to still be married to Sha're when he married Sam in the fic, I had her die in Secrets at the hand of Heru'ur's Jaffa... (I know you have an AU where Sha're dies in Secrets, Jess... I hope you don't mind the similiarities.)

My disclaimer over, standard ones apply (not mine, etc...)
                        I agree with Col.SamanthaCarter... this one (and the one before) is great! I don't mind the similarities at all... and it will be slightly different in my fic too, so no worries. Is this the Round Robin fic that we're doing? I guess I should go back in the thread and check, but I really don't remember.... If it is, I guess I could do the next part. I'll wait to make sure, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter
                          I liked last nights episode...I thought it was funny, although there weren't really any Sam/Daniel moments...oh well...it's only the 3rd ep of the season, so there's still hope...
                          Same here. I thought that
                          Spoiler:
                          McKay was hilarious, especially the whole thing with the lemon - LOL. I wasn't crazy about the Daniel/Vala ending though... I mean I guess it was logical that it be the two of them there together, but I would have liked to see everyone together in a scene before that, like in the briefing room talking about what happened. I would've liked to see Daniel's reaction to the Ori ship having been blown up and everything. *sigh* I guess that is what fanfic is for. I might do an episode tag that has Daniel and Sam talking together at the end.

I did notice that there was a little Sam/Daniel (sort of) moment at the very beginning before the credits, so I guess it was better than nothing.

Comment

I just read a TV Guide Insider article that has an interview with Amanda and David Hewlett. From the interview it seems like we could get some more Sam and Daniel interaction in episode 200!!

Here is the quote:
                            Spoiler:
                            TV Guide: Amanda, what kind of trouble will Sam get into after this crossover?
                            Tapping: The funniest thing coming up is the 200th [episode]. It's the most fun I've had filming on this show. We just laughed our heads off. But for my character specifically, we're doing a story where I get shot, and through my "dying," I have to try to fix a situation by explaining it to Michael.

(note: by the "crossover" they were referring to Pegasus Project)

So, we could have another S/D moment in that one. Let's hope so!!

ETA: Actually, reading it again, I'm not sure if she's talking about episode 200 or about another episode altogther. Whatever the case, it seems that there will be some more Sam/Daniel stuff to look forward to, even if it's not much.

Comment

Yeah, I read that interview too, but...

Spoiler:
                              When I rewatched the preview for next week's episode, it made me think that Sam gets shot, or at least hurt, next week....I had to watch it twice for sure...they don't really show anything, but you hear Mitchell yelling San's name and then is shows her turning around and Ba'al's shoots....so who knows...it might be this week

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter
                                Yeah, I read that interview too, but...

Spoiler:
                                When I rewatched the preview for next week's episode, it made me think that Sam gets shot, or at least hurt, next week....I had to watch it twice for sure...they don't really show anything, but you hear Mitchell yelling San's name and then is shows her turning around and Ba'al's shoots....so who knows...it might be this week
                                Spoiler:
                                Oh yeah, I remember seeing that. I don't think that MS is going to be in that ep though. I hope that Amanda didn't make a mistake and say "Michael" instead of "Mitchell". That would ruin it for me lol

Comment

Working...
                                X