Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishyone
    I liked Jack and Laira, too. I guess, to me, this kind of shows that the s/j ship is rather one-sided. I don't see Jack being torn up about leaving Sam behind, just that his life is gone, but he makes a new one, and he seemed happy. If Sam hadn't gotten the gate back up, he probably would never have left Laira.

Yeah, another example of Jack cutting Sam off. I saw the look Sam had after she turned away as a look that said, "Well, that was stupid of me, I guess." No jealousy in my opinion.
    I agree, and he didn't seem to be torn up about leaving her behind. He pretty much accepted what had happened and he seemed happy. There was nothing like Laira asking if he missed her. I think she did ask if he missed his friends, at least at first, and he said he did. But "friends" does not mean just Sam. And I think we saw that he accepted his new life when he told her to get rid of his BDUs. And of course there's that scene where Laira looks down at her belly, so it makes you wonder if they had a child together.

That's how I saw it, too. I didn't see any jealousy. I DID see jealousy in Need when Sam goes to dial the gate, and she looks back at Daniel kissing Shyla. But that's just me.

Comment

Daniel: Wait a minute. What did you say?
      Sam: Nothing. (walks faster)
      Lol... makes me wonder what she DID say. And Daniel walks faster to keep up with her, maybe prodding her in a teasing way.

Comment

Sam: Daniel, are you all right?
        Daniel: I'm fine. I just had this awful dream...There was this ship... I have a terrible taste in my mouth...
        LOL! That's a good one! Hmmm I can guess just which ship he was talking about....though I guess there are a few possibilities.

Comment

I apologize for my absence... I had no internet access while in Denver, and I've been really busy since I got back... Busy and a bit sick... Tomorrow I am going to be busy all over again, but I came to boost the thread and get more conversation going...

Okay, so I have a couple of captions here:

The funny version, because I hate Sam's hat:

Sam: I can't believe he said that about my hat.
          Daniel: (thinking) That hat is ugly, but I think Sam looks nice.

or... the touching, sappy version:

Sam: Wait, don't go.
          Daniel: It's okay, Sam. I'm here for you. I'm always here for you.
          They're both great! I love the second one especially.... awwww how sweet.

Comment

I'm back... I'm sure I'll have posted enough to make people sick of me soon.

I don't think you should read too much into the promo pics, Jess. They're pushing the Vala angle because they think that people like it (and a lot do, but there are some of us who would rather not see her so much and definitely don't want her shipped with Daniel), and I think they may also be trying to draw in the fans of Farscape where both BB and CB starred...

With Vala being attached to "her" Daniel, it's not impossible that she would be at his side constantly whether he liked it or not. Besides, I don't think that d/v pic looks much like MS, I think it is Klaus, the GPS who is his stunt double and works all the d/v scenes.

I'm not giving up on the show, though I haven't seen the new ep yet and don't know when I'll get to see it... All I know is Beakymoose, my access to Stargate on tv and faithful friend is good at alcoholic drinks, aka brain bleach, that may be necessary for this season. Our offer to screen it stands, and I imagine season 10 will have many fix-its, missing scenes, and if I know myself and Beakymoose, spoofs.

I know that there may yet come a time when I am unwilling to watch... But I'm still hopeful at this point...
            I was planning to reply last night but I got caught up in a lot of things and fell behind once again... And don't worry, I've done enough spam posting here I think...

I guess you're right. I'm still very disappointed that there are none of Sam and Daniel together, though. After all, there was one last season. I don't mind the pics of BB and CB together because I actually like them, but I think they should have been fair and included all possible male/female pairings. It just gets annoying when you see D/V shippers squeeing over their pairing being featured and then gloating to you that theirs is shown and yours isn't, so yours doesn't have any legitimacy and your support of your ship is stupid. And, yeah, it's happened before. I don't think I would mind this whole thing too much if the shippers wouldn't make such a big deal about it and scorn other shippers (and no offense to D/V shippers who might be lurking and reading this... not all of you are like this, but I have run across some). It just seems that we S/Ders are never given a break. We get made fun of for our shipping preference, and to make it worse, they (tptb) never throw us a bone as far as pics together are concerned.

LOL, yeah, I agree that he doesn't really appear to be Daniel there ... so it is Klaus the GPS, about to ask his leibchen if she wants a night out on the town after this photo shoot is over

Brain bleach.... I like that. Well, I didn't have any when I watched (though maybe I should have)... and to be honest I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. As for now, I think the ep with the "bonding" scene (*gag*) will be one that I won't be able to stomach, so I might need you to screen that one. I will definitely let you know. And hopefully the fix-its and missing scenes (and AUs) will help some.

I am hopeful about next week's ep, but I'm not too optimistic about eps after that. I guess only time will tell. I wish I could be more positive about it, but I still have this bad feeling...

<end rant> Sorry if I've bugged everyone. It's just the lack of S/D stuff and then a few fellow S/D people I know suddenly going D/V kind of depresses me.

Comment

How I wish I'd stuck to my original instinct to post my fic after it was done... Now I have people wanting updates, and I can't give them to them...
              That's how I feel. For some reason I've always had this mindset where I absolutely have to post a chapter as soon as it's done, even if I don't have anything else done after it. Some people I've talked to say that they usually wait until they're at least a chapter ahead before posting them, and some wait even longer than that. When I did Spilled Coffee, I did try to make sure I was a chapter ahead at least most of the time, but I went back into my post-it-as-soon-as-it's-done rut at the end. It's so hard to overcome that sometimes.

Comment

I wish I could go to a con. I have to live with everyone else's pics... Note to self: Look at Shore Leave pics.... I'll forget, though, despite the note...

That's too bad that you missed Amanda... I hope you get to see her someday. That would be neat. Ah, that moment in Beachhead... And their smiles and looks... *happy sigh*

EEK! The time... I have to go... Must get some sleep... And I didn't get that story finished or that email replied to... Darn it...
                Aww I know how you feel. They really should hold the cons in more locations, not just the big cities. I guess they feel it's more practical or something, though...

I hope so, too. I'd really like to thank her for going to bat for us and asking the producers to keep the little moments of interaction between her, MS, and CJ. I think showing that they still have the camaraderie is important, especially with the new people being on the team now.

No problem about the email and everything... whenever you can is fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower
                  What did everyone think of the new episode and the brief look at next week's episode?
                  I thought it was pretty good, but nothing really outstanding. I did like
                  Spoiler:
                  how Sam seemed worried about Daniel. When she asked Mitchell about him in the beginning and he said he thought Daniel was still on board, she shut her eyes and you could tell how she felt. Then later she seemed to believe that he was alive, and said something like "you don't know him like we do." When he contacted her on the radio to let her know he was alive, you could just see the relief in her face. She had this huge smile and said "I knew you had made it!" I was disappointed that he didn't show any relief that she was alive, but I guess it wasn't possible given the situation he was in at the time. I didn't see any Daniel/Vala ship to speak of, either, so that made me pretty happy. I just hope that her being toned down won't make Daniel fall for her or anything.

As for the look at next week's episode, it looks very very interesting. I can't wait to see it, especially because of
                  Spoiler:
                  that short clip of Daniel holding on to Sam as she appears to be falling, and she's saying she can't do this. I hope there will be some nice Sam/Daniel interaction in this one. I'm pretty hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower
                    Here are some pictures for you people . . .

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/9...chhead159.html
                    Sam: Did I turn the oven off before we left?
                    Daniel: I thought you did...
                    Sam: Then again, we did wake up pretty late...
                    Daniel: Maybe we should ask Landry if we can delay this mission for a few minutes...

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                      As for the look at next week's episode, it looks very very interesting. I can't wait to see it, especially because of
                      Spoiler:
                      that short clip of Daniel holding on to Sam as she appears to be falling, and she's saying she can't do this. I hope there will be some nice Sam/Daniel interaction in this one. I'm pretty hopeful.
                      I totally agree with ya Jess. It look promising *crosses fingers* but I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Comment

Yep, guess so! Hopefully it will be longer than five seconds too. Although, check out this pic:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/graphics/1002_01.shtml

I like what it says below:
                        Spoiler:
                        "Dr. Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks) and Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping) put their IQs together to solve a problem."

*happy sigh* It does sound a bit promising, then... unless the caption is misleading but hopefully it isn't!

Comment

Bumping this thread up with a pic...

I was making some caps from the Science of Stargate special and found a cute one from behind the scenes of Ripple Effect. I thought MS and AT looked adorable in it:

Sorry it's so small - I have a bigger version but it's not very clear.

Comment

Aww....that is a cute pic

Comment

Yep, it's hard to find a cute pic of them together nowadays ... I mean recent.

This pic is from SFX magazine. It was a large cast pic. I know it's been posted around this forum a bunch of times, but I took it and photoshopped it so Daniel would be next to Sam (he's between Vala and Mitchell in the original pic... while poor Sam is pretty much away from them all )

I know it's not done very well - and anyone lurking here who likes the original pic and wants to laugh at me... there aren't really any cast pics at all of Sam and Daniel next to each other, so we S/D shippers need something

Comment

Working...
                              X