No announcement yet.

Baal/Sam Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random little graphic I made on PS for you guys!

Snurchable
    Too cool for a signature.

Comment

leave the IMG tags in quoted pictures, you will get your post deleted
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        leave the IMG tags in quoted pictures, you will get your post deleted
        Whoops, my bad. I usually remember to take it out...

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
        Random little graphic I made on PS for you guys!

Snurchable
        http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...3/baamsig2.jpg
        Anyway, very very awesome

Comment

And it's so hard to find good fics for it! I second helenmagnus23's fic rec request
          Well, there's my series, but the relationship is only a very minor component of the entire thing. And it's a very, very long series in which the relationship doesn't actually develop for awhile.

Here: http://sbzfiction.angelfire.com

Originally posted by SciFi_Chick2012 View Post
          Other then that, I've got nothing. Yet. But I'm working on a story that will have Sam/Baal in it, and I'm open for suggestions on how to pull it off in a graceful manner without making it seem too forced/unbelievable.
          Doing it and doing it well is all about pacing and explaining the how/why. They are not two people who can be thrown together on a whim without any explanation. There has to be a reason for it (beyond simple attraction or a desire to take a walk on the wild side), and you have to show that reason and give them both enough time to come around to it.

That is, of course, if you want them to actually have a real, long-term relationship as fully consenting, equal partners. Just getting them to sleep together without any emotional component is pretty easy.

Personally, I don't think it can be done within the canon of the show (meaning, you have to go AU). For Carter to be in a place where being with Baal is both feasible and "okay" you have to really give her a hugely compelling and generally life-changing experience to motivate a change in her character. If you can do that, you're on easy street because it's frightening how good they are together once you manage to get them together! Though, I speak from personal experience with my series, in which my Carter is most definitelty not the Carter of canon - not anymore (and neither is Baal).

Good luck to you! It's not an easy pairing to figure out how to write!

Comment

Originally posted by sbz View Post

Doing it and doing it well is all about pacing and explaining the how/why. They are not two people who can be thrown together on a whim without any explanation. There has to be a reason for it (beyond simple attraction or a desire to take a walk on the wild side), and you have to show that reason and give them both enough time to come around to it.

That is, of course, if you want them to actually have a real, long-term relationship as fully consenting, equal partners. Just getting them to sleep together without any emotional component is pretty easy.

Personally, I don't think it can be done within the canon of the show (meaning, you have to go AU). For Carter to be in a place where being with Baal is both feasible and "okay" you have to really give her a hugely compelling and generally life-changing experience to motivate a change in her character. If you can do that, you're on easy street because it's frightening how good they are together once you manage to get them together! Though, I speak from personal experience with my series, in which my Carter is most definitelty not the Carter of canon - not anymore (and neither is Baal).

Good luck to you! It's not an easy pairing to figure out how to write!
            Thanks! You're right, it's not an easy pairing, which is part of what's making it so much fun to write...The challenge is immense but the reward is amazing. There's so much depth to be explored once they're together.

Anyway, I do have the first chapter of my story up, if anyone's interested in reading it. Ba'al doesn't show up until chapter two, 'cause I had to set up the much needed background.

The Night is Darkest: Chapter 1

The hard part isn't the mission, isn't spying on the system lords. The hard part is holding on to her humanity. It's Sam's own turn at the 'Absolute Power' twist, though this time it's no illusion. Sam/Ba'al.

Comment

Hi I've been lurking alot. this pic was just beging to be shared.

*quickly disapears*

Comment

Originally posted by RedKiwi View Post
                Hi I've been lurking alot. this pic was just beging to be shared.

*quickly disapears*
                Whee! *saves*

sigh, this thread is so empty... there must be more closet shippers out there!
                Too cool for a signature.

Comment

I think it's empty because no one's posting in it. The board's so active threads don't stay on the first couple of pages for very long unless they get a lot of traffic. Which menas people don't know the thread's around. I only found it by accident looking for something totally unrelated. It has 140 pages, obviously there are a fair number of likeminded people out there.

What did you want to talk about?

Comment

Weeeelll, we could talk about Baam. Or Baal/Sam. Or Sam/Baal/Sam's fist in his face... kinky stuff

PS: muha.

Comment

Whee! *saves*

sigh, this thread is so empty... there must be more closet shippers out there!
                      Awww, the poor little thread. I'm afraid it died. Many of the shippers moved over to LiveJournal.

*posts random Amanda/Cliff pic*

*sadly doesn't know who took it, though*

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Dude, one of the Baal clones took it. It should be perfectly obvious.

Comment

Ah, of course! It should have been obvious!

So... I'm sure there's lots of Baam stuff that hasn't been talking about in this thread, since it's been ded so long.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Um... well, there was them working together in The Quest, the punch, how he should've said something to Sam in Continuum.... ¬_¬

Comment

You know, the ending of Continuum did make me wonder: what the hell is gonna happen to his host? They could have him working for the SGC. I bet he remembers quite a lot about Goa'uld technology

There needs to be a third movie with Baal's host playing a main character.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFi_Chick2012 View Post
                                The Night is Darkest: Chapter 1

The hard part isn't the mission, isn't spying on the system lords. The hard part is holding on to her humanity. It's Sam's own turn at the 'Absolute Power' twist, though this time it's no illusion. Sam/Ba'al.

Ohh! Fic! Awesome! *opens in tab* It looks like you didn't finish it from a quick glance at the page, but meh, I'll take fic anyway!

Comment

Working...
                                X