This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    i'm not condemning atlantis out of hand, but i do remember how the trek's suffered during the years when 2 series overlapped.
    Yeah but the Trek franchise is run by two idiots while the Stargate franchise isn't. They actually appreciate they're writing staff and encourage new ideas unlike the Trek head honchos who demand script changes at their will.

I'll agree with what was said earlier about season 7 being their best. Although I might say it was their best season overall, it was very, very good. You could they had gone through a creative resurgence and had the ball rolling again. Season 5 was a little gloomy but once Jonas Quin came on board it gave the writer a little something new to work with. The season 7 finale is one of the best SG-1 finales ever.

Season 8 has been a little dissapointing but with the changes going on for season 9 I'd expect the creative staff will come up with some new ideas. The thing is is that if season 8 was going to be it's last season it seemed like it would have been rushed job to finish it. Yes, they could have left it open for a possible mini-series run or TV movie but it still probably would have ended on a done note.

With season 9 coming they can at least tie up loose ends and take some time to think of a proper way to the end series. I hope season 9 is it's last season. I think we can all agree that no one probably ever expected this show to last as long as it has. Only really popular, mainstream shows like Seinfeld, Married with Children, Mash and The Simpsons have lasted a long time and for a show like SG-1 to have lasted 9 full seasons really says something about it.
    "You ended that sentence with a preposition!!" - Jack O'Niell

My DVD Collection

Comment

Not to be the Grim Reaper, but I think they should have ended Stargate at Season 7. "The Lost city" would have made a great series finale.

As for Season 9... I'm already a little leery of Season 8 as it stands. That doesn't mean I will stop watching SG-1. I'll still watch it. I may not be as entertained as I was before, but hey, it's a still a decent show in its own rights. If Season 9 starts heading south real quick, believe me, I will be finding a new show to fill the 8pm Friday timeslot. (And if the ratings for the show start bombing, we all know what's going to ahppen then). But I still have hope that Sg-1 season 9 will be decent enough to hold my interest, despite all the changes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        I'm already not watching Stargate, except on an ep to ep basis.
        Don't we all watch Stargate on an "ep to ep" basis? If there another option?
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

It means I don't watch it just because it's Stargate. I read up on it and decide if it's worth the effort of tuning in. I've skipped Sacrifices, Gemini, Prometheus Unbound, It's Good to be King, Full Alert and Citizen Joe. I'm still debating Reckoning, although I hear it has one of my fave characters in it, so I may have to watch it. I'm most likely going to skip Threads because it is guaranteed to cause a complete meltdown of fandom and I'll see at least part of Moebius because I'll be watching it with the gang at David's house.

I will not watch season 9. At all.

Comment

It means I don't watch it just because it's Stargate. I read up on it and decide if it's worth the effort of tuning in. I've skipped Sacrifices, Gemini, Prometheus Unbound, It's Good to be King, Full Alert and Citizen Joe. I'm still debating Reckoning, although I hear it has one of my fave characters in it, so I may have to watch it. I'm most likely going to skip Threads because it is guaranteed to cause a complete meltdown of fandom and I'll see at least part of Moebius because I'll be watching it with the gang at David's house.

I will not watch season 9. At all.
            Why don't you watch a great TV show?

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan
              Why don't you watch a great TV show?
              I do. It's called Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

I do. It's called Battlestar Galactica.
                Ugh, I watched that show...

It's nothing compared to SG:1

Comment

I think she's talking about the new Battlestar Galactica, which is a googolplex times the quality of the original.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bloodaxe
                    I think she's talking about the new Battlestar Galactica, which is a googolplex times the quality of the original.

-Bloodaxe
                    I know what she's talking about.

I hated that show. It was boring to me.

Comment

It means I don't watch it just because it's Stargate. I read up on it and decide if it's worth the effort of tuning in.
                      I think what happened is he interpreted "ep to ep basis" as "from one episode to the next one".

I've skipped Sacrifices, Gemini, Prometheus Unbound, It's Good to be King, Full Alert and Citizen Joe. I'm still debating Reckoning, although I hear it has one of my fave characters in it, so I may have to watch it. I'm most likely going to skip Threads because it is guaranteed to cause a complete meltdown of fandom and I'll see at least part of Moebius because I'll be watching it with the gang at David's house.
                      Heh; around here, it seems every episode causes a meltdown of fandom. Anyway, as to that list, for my two cents on it: decent episode, good episode, haven't seen it, haven't seen it, wary of seeing it, really want to see it, want to see it even more, and been waiting a few seasons now for an episode like it. Yeah, perhaps it's the case that they should be spreading out their stronger episodes more as in earlier seasons, but at least the fact that much of them are saved 'til the end should make season 8 (in my eyes) end on a high, and that'll certainly keep at least me on board for season 9.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan
                        I know what she's talking about.

I hated that show. It was boring to me.
                        Bah! It's an absolutely wonderful character-driven and suspenseful show. *cough*butstargateisstillbetterinseveralways*cough*

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Working...
                        X