Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching SG-1 for the first time! Plus a blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, guys, in response to some comments I read from other people, I have changed the look of my blog... Just a little. Since it's really for you guys (I type all this out in Microsoft Word and then just transfer it over, anyways) I decided to defer to popular opinion.

The writing is now black text on a white background.
    You're welcome.

Comment

Oooh, I love the new look!
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Very nice.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

My eyes thank you.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter's blog
            I confess I’m a sucker for the elaborate makeup jobs. I got totally spoiled with Deep Space Nine and even those last couple seasons of Enterprise (those Xindi were awesome) so I like… alien aliens. I get it, most of the people we meet are slaves or past slaves of the Goa’uld kidnapped from Earth and brought around, blah blah blah, but I can appreciate a good alien. I love to see that.
            You should watch Farscape and Babylon 5!
            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
              You should watch Farscape and Babylon 5!
              I plan on watching B5 eventually. It's on my to-do list. xD Farscape.. maybe.

Any series that gets recommended to me, I try to at least give it a chance.
              (Like this one! Of course I've given it more than just a chance. I've fallen in love with it. xD)

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post

(Like this one! Of course I've given it more than just a chance. I've fallen in love with it. xD)
                If you loved DS-9, you'll love Babylon 5. I tried Farscape but I could get past the puppets

Comment

It's kind of funny. I don't think anyone ever actually recommended Stargate to me. I had heard people say great things about it (particularly Atlantis; I guess it was pretty popular during its run?) but never said, "Oh my gosh, you HAVE to see this Stargate, it's SO COOL." Now, of course, that's me, telling all my friends "it's got everything!!! it has action and adventure and angst and romance and emotion and humour and EXPLOSIONS and friendship and family and..." on and on. But when I actually talk to other Gaters, they're like, "Yeah, it is awesome!"
                  I dunno. Maybe the whole evangelizing thing isn't so much a big deal with this particular franchise.

But with the shows I like now, I tell pretty much every one of my friends to watch, because shows these days are forever at risk of being canceled, especially those on broadcast. (So watch Fringe, wink wink, nudge nudge... )

Comment

It's kind of funny. I don't think anyone ever actually recommended Stargate to me. I had heard people say great things about it (particularly Atlantis; I guess it was pretty popular during its run?) but never said, "Oh my gosh, you HAVE to see this Stargate, it's SO COOL." Now, of course, that's me, telling all my friends "it's got everything!!! it has action and adventure and angst and romance and emotion and humour and EXPLOSIONS and friendship and family and..." on and on. But when I actually talk to other Gaters, they're like, "Yeah, it is awesome!"
                    I dunno. Maybe the whole evangelizing thing isn't so much a big deal with this particular franchise.

But with the shows I like now, I tell pretty much every one of my friends to watch, because shows these days are forever at risk of being canceled, especially those on broadcast. (So watch Fringe, wink wink, nudge nudge... )
                    We have a Fringe sub-forum on GW that you should check out!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      We have a Fringe sub-forum on GW that you should check out!
                      Yeah, I've seen it. xD I never know what to post! Meeh!
                      It is my favourite show currently airing new episodes, though. In the sci-fi category, anyways. Love everything on USA Network, too.. I was so upset when they canceled their one and only sci-fi, The 4400. I mean, seriously, that show was great! :C But the same could be said of many shows which have been canceled... sigh..

Comment

Yeah, I've seen it. xD I never know what to post! Meeh!
                        It is my favourite show currently airing new episodes, though. In the sci-fi category, anyways. Love everything on USA Network, too.. I was so upset when they canceled their one and only sci-fi, The 4400. I mean, seriously, that show was great! :C But the same could be said of many shows which have been canceled... sigh..
                        Just fake it...we all do! I loved The 4400 as well.
                        sigpic

Comment

I wonder if it will sway you any further to know that Carmen Argenziano is in an episode of B5. (I know the hair is a bit weird, it's a staus thing with that race ) And Tony Amendola is in an ep of the spin-off 'Crusade'. But if you watch that, don't get too into it - the story was never finished, as I found out after I finished watching it. Was so hacked off!

(BTW, beware of spoilers on the rest of the site those two links are from. )
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I'm sooo looking forward to my Christmas pressies - the rest of the seasons of B5 to fill in my set! My daughters had better get them for me! It's the only thing I've asked for...
                            sigpic

Comment

For the record: I can't believe some of you people gave me GREEN just for changing the format on my blog. xD I guess I didn't realize just how bad it was! (However I want to change the font and size a little. It's so.. gargantuan.)

You should all know that the updates the next few weeks might come a little more slowly; I'm at home (survived those evil finals!!) and looking forward to spending time with family, getting ready for Christmas, and all that jazz. You'll still hear from me, just maybe not see the blogs as often. I'll still post whenever I update though.

MORE RUSSIANS!
                              Unfortunately most of them are dead by the end of

"The Tomb" (5x08)
                              ...Though in a morbid sort of way, I suppose it's only fitting that they all died where they did. After all, you can't have a title like that without a few bodies left behind in the end.
                              A pretty interesting episode but not necessarily in my top favourites or anything. However, I did love the fact that it was a joint operation between the two nations with Stargates (well, one with a Stargate and the other with a DHD) and kind of the tensions that have resulted from the discovery of this new technology. Personally, I see this going the way of our alliance with the Tok'ra - only becoming more and more strained, but eventually something's got to give.
                              Last edited by CMWriter; 16 December 2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

There'll be more of the Russians in 48 Hours
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X