Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really liked it, i thought it was very funny, esp. since they asked all the questions they can't ask on the series (e.g. "why do the aliens speak english?"). and, imo, no matter what they did for a 100th episode some people would be majorly disappointed, so it was better to go for comedy than "let's try to make the best episode ever just because it's #100." as for making fun of fans...i think everyone should be able to laugh at themself.

Comment

Yes, I do. Not so much when I first saw it, but I like it a lot more now that I get the in-jokes!

Comment

There are some episodes of Stargate that I enjoy not as a part of the Stargate universe, but as an entertaining 44 minutes of television with a few characters that I recognize. This is one of those episodes. Both Martin episodes fit this mold, really. They're kind of funny but do absolutely nothing for the show as a whole.
        END OF LINE

Comment

I like it. Not one of my favorite, but its good.
          Last edited by berenikee; 25 September 2004, 02:27 AM.
          Dogs are my favorite people.
          If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

I agree with alot of people here, its ok show, best watched with the audio commentary on DVD, with out that you miss alot of the insided jokes.

Comment

Yes
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

I liked it. And the Audio Commentary is pretty good to.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                  Stargate can do humour really well when they start from a SF premise and a good story (Urgo, WoO, 1969) but there are a couple of eps, WX included where it feels as if someone thought 'hey, lets do a funny episode' and those are the ones I haven't found amusing.
                  I completely agree. Some parts were funny but it was way overdone, IMO. I know they did that on purpose, but I'd put in on the bottom of my list of episodes.

Comment

I loved this episode when I first saw it - for months I had WXT wallpaper (found here) on my desktop.

I think it's just so great that they did this tribute to celebrate their 100th episode - reminds me of 100 Day in primary school.

Of course, I also love Spaceballs and Galaxy Quest . . . clearly I have a soft spot for spoof.

~Sarah
                    Call me Sarah . . .
                    • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
                    • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
                    • Trek forever!

Comment

yes i like it; its very good episode

Comment

Working...
                      X