This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
    I like it, but out of all the humorous episodes the show has had over the years it is really not my favorite.

Favorite bits:

The Wormhole X-Treme colonels catchphrase: "As a matter of fact, it does say colonel on my uniform." (This because I'd noticed and remembered Jacks question in "The First Commandment".) Then, of course, comes the part where he realizes it doesn't say "colonel" on his uniform! I also liked when this whole joke got followed up on in Fragile Balance.

Then there's the dialogue which went something like, "Do aliens eat apples?" - "Why not, they speak English!".

The whole Colonel thing was started in "First Commandent" When both Carter and Conner refuse to go back to the SGC.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      Short answer: No.
      Long answer: after a few viewings it's gotten better, but it's still at the bottom of the list.

Oh yes, and the DVD commentaries definately help.
      I was really looking forward to that episode and was kind of disappointed when I watched it. IMO it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be... but yes it got better and better after watching it a few times. And the commentaries do help a lot to understand all the insider jokes.

Comment

I didn't mind it all, I thought that it was a little hokey when I saw it the preview for the episode. But other than that having whatsitsname takes those darn pills was kinda stupid. But I did like the end with that cool starship though. And the colonel kinda looked cute in his uniform!
        Jack: (describing Urgo) It's a machine!
        Urgo: That hurts!

I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe, and I wanna eat pie.
        Jack: Hey, who doesn't?

Urgo: They're gonna kill you! They're gonna open your heads with giant can openers and then they scoop me out with a big scoopy thing... (starts crying)

Comment

I must say that I didn't like it the first time I saw it. To me, it didn't seem like an episode that should have been their 100th. But, after I watched it with the commentary I liked it a lot more and it's actually a very funny episode. Also, it's nice that they used the crew members as extras. Peter DeLuise cracks me up as the director, his brother also played a great part.
          "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

I hated this episode to begin with, I think it was a terrible episode to show the 200th episode. But I have grown to like it's humour and comedy
            __

__

Comment

I thought Wormhole X-Treme was the '100th' episode?
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Oh dear. I placed a wrong number. It was their 100th ep!
                __

__

Comment

Aren't the 100th episode for alot of shows supposed to be like a spectacular episode? Well, maybe to some people, Wormhole X-treme was spectacular, but i didn't

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                    Aren't the 100th episode for alot of shows supposed to be like a spectacular episode? Well, maybe to some people, Wormhole X-treme was spectacular, but i didn't
                    I agree, I don't think it was spectacular, however I do think they did a nice job in making it a special episode by including the people that are behind the scenes of Stargate in it.
                    "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

I was disappointed after I had watched it for the first time, then it got better with the viewings after that.

I really like it with the audio commentary and watch it frequently, but if they took away the AC from me, I would probably stop watching this episode.
                      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                        I was disappointed after I had watched it for the first time, then it got better with the viewings after that.

I really like it with the audio commentary and watch it frequently, but if they took away the AC from me, I would probably stop watching this episode.
                        I agree it's much better with the Audio Commentary. But IMO you shouldn't need the AC to 'get' an episode, and I found that to be disapointing, especially considering it was the 100th episode.
                        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Yah, i agree, people shouldn't enjoy episode with the AC. Although i did enjoy the episide better with it

Comment

yes. yes i do.

i actually find that this episode becomes funnier each time i see it, because i've seen old episodes more, and i've learned more about the show and those who work on it, so i get more of the jokes and references every time.

Comment

I like W.E.,but have to say,I understand everyone who didn't like the episode as well !
                              I don't mind the 100th ep being a series of "in-jokes",but then I liked the previous "Marty" episode (Point Of No Return).
                              I can't watch W.E. very often,but I still find it funny enough,to feel it was a valid idea for a "Special".
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I felt it parodied ST:TOS more than Stargate. Partly that was cos I didn't get the in-jokes much. But ST has been parodied so much that I didn't get a great deal of enjoyment out of WX.

Stargate can do humour really well when they start from a SF premise and a good story (Urgo, WoO, 1969) but there are a couple of eps, WX included where it feels as if someone thought 'hey, lets do a funny episode' and those are the ones I haven't found amusing.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X