This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    Question for everyone: Okay, so far, worst case scenario now is that Carter is split equally between SG-1 and SGA. If this happens, how is Vala "replacing" Sam in the Stargate universe? When Sam is on Atlantis, obviously Vala is not there. When Sam is on SG-1, she may have more front and center time, with Vala in the background. So what does it mean for Vala to replace Sam? And if Sam is in more like 17 episodes in SG-1, which may be more likely, then how is Vala replacing Sam?
    If Sam's not on SG-1 the team and Vala is...then I'd call that replacing her.

I'm not saying that will happen. I'm saying I'm scared that will happen.

It still could be that TPTB are only planning on Vala as a recurring and planning on a strong Carter show in Season 10. They could see also see that she should be team leader and fix that egregeous error.

I'm just not hopeful of either based on the attitudes I've been picking up from TPTB.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

in all honesty, it's nothing more than worst case scenario speculation.

we could end up with more eps like the beginnign of s9. where sam in totally absent and vala is front and center. and in that scenario, she will be 'replacing' sam as the female.

it's also possible that vala will be a full time member of the cast and sam will be reduced to recurring. which means that she will lose her name in the front credits and be like Carmen or Janet when they are in an eps...they're only in the credits of the eps that they are in. also in that way she's replacing sam as the female lead

it's also possible that we'll get a 5 person team with all of them playing together like good little boys and girls. and in that case she won't be replacing sam

only time will tell what will happen
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        in all honesty, it's nothing more than worst case scenario speculation.

we could end up with more eps like the beginnign of s9. where sam in totally absent and vala is front and center. and in that scenario, she will be 'replacing' sam as the female.

it's also possible that vala will be a full time member of the cast and sam will be reduced to recurring. which means that she will lose her name in the front credits and be like Carmen or Janet when they are in an eps...they're only in the credits of the eps that they are in. also in that way she's replacing sam as the female lead

it's also possible that we'll get a 5 person team with all of them playing together like good little boys and girls. and in that case she won't be replacing sam

only time will tell what will happen

I suppose another one could be that Vala is a regular, but not on the team, and would be in some episodes more than others. I mean, how in the world could they justify having Vala on the team, especially if Sam is off it? So a military leader with little off-world experience, an archeologist, and two aliens? And this is supposed to be based in an air force setting?

I know, I know, they could do it anyway because the writing doesn't have to make sense!

Well, I know this means nothing, but in JM's blog he mentions Carter going off-world with the team as usual, but every so often going to Atlantis as well. So I took from that that she would still be on the team.

Your scenario #2 is the worst one for me only because if they reduce AT to recurring for both shows, I could quite easily blow up! I can't imagine taking an actor who is has been such a key player to the show's success for so long and then doing this. I know, I know, they can---all I can say is that I hope AT has a good agent. I can't imagine her being happy with this if this were so, particularly when she has another good opportunity for another series.

yes, time will tell.

Comment

yes yes... only time will tell....
          ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
            I suppose another one could be that Vala is a regular, but not on the team, and would be in some episodes more than others.
            I really like that one. Of course, she would have to accompany them on certain missions, at least. You know that would be the case.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
            X