No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I just say. Im bored with all these steel and concrete discussions. Its really quite dull. In the context of a battle we are not going to be reading about the detailed constructions and metalurgy of a weapon used unless its an epicly uber weapon. for a sword cutting through random jaffa it would be a pointless part of the story.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

lol. yes sir.

Comment

Stainless is really weak though is it not?(Compared to carbon steel) But I know there are dozens of steel alloys. The Houjin could easily make a super strong non corroding steel.

Meh. Yes Mam.
        Last edited by Gormagon; 18 September 2011, 12:51 PM.
        sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Sorry Im still working on my Trojan idea, can I just ask two main imput questions, first one, did we agree that the spartans were in? They have no valid reason not to be IMO, but even if they arent used fully can they be in the "out there" grey area. Second, do we, or can I have some info about the makeup and allies of the Aschen (Mcoy feel free to PM me to avoid spoilage) but I might spin it that the Trojans are a counterbody to the other Thatian type race we have seen that ally with the Aschen instead of Earth. Im kind of putting it in the vein that the Trojans see themselves as inheritors of Earth's power, and a valid rival to them based on their mythology and legend being used to uphold various power based on Earth yet they themselves were expelled from the planet by, and here it comes, the outcome of the first Spartan/Trojan wars. So im thinking they might be an enemy to the thatian type races, on the same kind of level. Sortof give us a Trojan war of the stars but in a stargate context, with the Tauri fighting the Aschen and the other powers having to deal with an assault from the Trojans. Im gunna do more work on them, but this could actually be my first enemy for the fleets (never wrote an enemy )
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

i need more info about the Spartans. i saw some stuff but i don't quite understand their "feel"

i could put a reference in via the Lucian Alliance to at least hint at them, but we really need more story right now, not more background.

Comment

http://www.freewebs.com/gwfleet/mysi.../mysite4.htm#7

For me the Spartans are kind of to us what the Sodan were to the jaffa, a noble and advanced warrior society, with elements of the Tollan thrown in but not as advanced. They like a good fight and I think they work well and tie in to the histroical/cultural elements of stargate but with a distinctive military agenda. Besides the reference to Thatus, nothing in thier history is overblown or too advanced. And the Thatus reference is slowly being reconfigured for this fleet anyway.

Go for it. And I agree. Who is working on stuff?
              Last edited by immhotep; 18 September 2011, 01:06 PM.
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

In the context of a battle we are not going to be reading about the detailed constructions and metalurgy of a weapon used unless its an epicly uber weapon. for a sword cutting through random jaffa it would be a pointless part of the story.
                But we will need to know how tough building materials are in order to know how effective weapons will actually be, unlike the writers of Stargate who winged it. I feel it to be somewhat important.

We will also know how much materials will cost for calculating each races industrial capacity.

Oh, I know my input means nothing, but I do not mind the Spartans.

Oh, I have like, minimal thoughts on it right now but what do you guys think of incorporating the Four horsemen into the fleets somehow? As part of the mythology turned real of the Stargate realm? Famine, war, pestilence and death.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

I like incorporating the four horseman. But im not sure who or how. Any ideas. Besides renegade Ori from the past interfering in our galaxy? Ooo Renegade Priors! just 4 of them though, trapped in our galaxy, no ships just them and their staffs.
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

I was thinking older then the Priors though, four ancient, almost elemental entities or even just forces similar to Ascended beings, but more powerful or something. Each one has a specialty, hence the four horsemen. Lets say they like torturing lesser's or testing them, and the Ascended try fighting them but get B slapped because they are two powerful when united.

Ooh, they are awakened!!! By someone who wants the Ancients gone or something.

And the Priors could be the ones to awaken them!!!

Comment

If this were the old fleets then I could easily do it, but its not, the four hoseman would be either First ones or Adnihlo. I actually had several theories regarding the ascended that were never put in the fleets or anywhere really. That the Ascended were actually only the first level of high being, and that their existed several other planes in conjunction and in superiority to that of the one the ancients and the other resided on. I think that beings such as the forth horseman, angels, demons, lucifer, even God may have been able to have been supported by these theories. That humans can ascend to a plane beyond our own if worthy...in all honesty it was psuedochristian revision of the buddist mythology of the ascended. Why as a firm Atheist i was coming up with these theories is beyond me but I had them Along with the whole Jesus is an ancient debate. I went through a whole phase about 5/6 years ago of coming up with this kind of stuff after having a massive debate about stargate, atheism and religion on the richard dawkins forums.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

how about, NO.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                          If this were the old fleets then I could easily do it, but its not, the four hoseman would be either First ones or Adnihlo. I actually had several theories regarding the ascended that were never put in the fleets or anywhere really. That the Ascended were actually only the first level of high being, and that their existed several other planes in conjunction and in superiority to that of the one the ancients and the other resided on. I think that beings such as the forth horseman, angels, demons, lucifer, even God may have been able to have been supported by these theories. That humans can ascend to a plane beyond our own if worthy...in all honesty it was psuedochristian revision of the buddist mythology of the ascended.
                          Yeah but I was thinking that they would be FORCES, if that makes any sense. And yes I think there are different levels of Ascended.

And this is scifi dude. In scifi its all protons, electrons. Protons and electrons.

how about, NO
                          Uh oh. Its doomsayer.

Comment

I agree with doomsayer in this case, and im sorry but not all scifi is about protons elections and he like. There are deeper things in scifi. Like finding and exploring the purpose and meaning behind human civilization, about discovering and imagining new possibilities, creating new worlds from our imagination. Reducing everything to hard scifi is to do an injustice to the spirit of imagination that created it...
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Like finding and exploring the purpose and meaning behind human civilization,
                              Making babies with hot alien chicks.

about discovering and imagining new possibilities
                              Swarm/Replicator hybrids.

Jokes^.

Anyway, what I mean is that the Ascended in Stargate are just energy beings that exist in another dimension, the meditation and stuff is just to get the advanced brain into the right phase to achieve total matter/energy conversion.

I agree there are deeper things in life.

Its still a cool idea though. For a fleet finale perhaps. I was just thinking.

Comment

Oh we already had the final, final, final finale planned and sorted. But it will never happen now. Me and Buba are the only people who will know how the fleets end in the very very end of things. We had a long midnight convo about it and planned the whole thing, this is way off in the distant future and in a galaxy far far away!
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X