No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes; at least not for the time being :-D. He'd wanted to take her out of the picture and replace her with her children who join the navy much later, but who knows what he'll do now hehe.
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Get a room you two

Back on topic here I actually wonder if Star Trek type clothing designs, or perhaps Red Dwarf clothing designs, are possible for teams or military ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

How is that possibly on topic?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          How is that possibly on topic?
          Because I am asking aob ut clothing designs, so far we have starship designs, and enemies, but NOTHING on clothing designs for the people that crew those starships, heck we have the weapons, well, some of them, written up, but nothing in terms of clothing designs

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post

10 extra cool-points to you then hehe ; you mean you got some as a prize?
            "Won" was supposed to be "own."

BTW I am back from my work trip. Exhausted but I am somewhat richer now. Heh....richer. Yeah right....

I did some more work for the Houjin.
            sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Well I was away I had the opportunity to make some schematics and notes on various aspects of Houjin technology, adding more detail, depth and history. Like the fusion cannon and the plasma saber. I also did much work with their shields, the still used magnetic technologies, the outdated E.M contained plasma based force fields and the advanced kironic field enhanced plasma shield.

I did some work with weapon effectiveness on the Kiron based shields. Ill post them later.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Would a DEW weapon impact to a kiron based shield result in the disrupted bonds emitting E5 particle radiation and/or standard E.M spectrum radiation? Because then passive and active sensors could read the data and try to figure out the shields operating principles and therefore how to better counter act said shield, ether by theoretical extrapolation of the data acquired followed by a series of weapon frequency tests or by recognizing the emitted energy by the damaged shields and modulating the weapon to a frequency that worked in the past?

Comment

I had an interesting theory involving a new advanced weapon/power generation technology, get ready for this- Anti E5 particles. Anti kiron. Anti exoton. A devastating weapon against advanced spaceships and advanced technology. Cost effective? Perhaps not, however I feel it could be combined with my exotic star theory I posted a while ago and an advanced particle collider built near the exotic sun which draws its needed energy from said sun. Think about an anti-kiron bomb on a E5 bonded shield, an anti kiron beam hitting a naquadah or neutronium hull, anti-naquadah/naquadah reactors.

Comment

2 things:

1: there's an edit button for a reason

2: AMAT is hard to make, given how hard it is apparently to make naquahdah, i'd say AMAT Naquahdah is far, far harder than you think. even simple AMAT exotons would probably be a massive epic pain in the butt, especially the amounts you'd need to get anything weaponized.

Comment

I need more posts so I can upload my own avatar.....for the third time.

But..its still possible.

Comment

By the way, a visitor to the 4.0 wikia asked if you guys have any specific dimensions for the vessels of the Tau'ri fleet, I told him I would inquire.

Comment

I thought of how the Anubis arc weapon could work. Simply put it would rely on kiron interactions and attraction capabilities. The energy frequencies of the shields on those Ha'tak may have been attractive to the arc, like magnets. At the same time, the technology of the arc weapon may allow for the shield to be turned into a...hmm...you know how a microwave oven works by vibrating water molecules in food? Well, the arc may be able to vibrate the E5 bonds so to speak in order to disrupt the very bonds of the shield and turn it into a destructive um...energy burst? There is the premise of my theory.

Comment

It's best not to think too much about it. SG is full of fishy stuff. Sometimes, it's better to not explain.

I made my theory to have some sort of framework (as opposed to rolling around in the mud with guesswork), but it does not fill all the holes, not by far. It's simply better than nothing.

Anyway, i'm not very active right now. I have my own problems to attend to first.

Comment

Hey Gormagon. A while ago, I came up with an idea for a bunch of transplanted Chinese, from the BC era. A Go'auld impersonating a Chinese god (not Yu) who was crueler than your AVERAGE Go'auld; soon they revolted and kileld off this Goa'uld. Then they continued to advance into the mdeorn-day, where they achieved what would be Earth 24th centuery technology without their alien-derived technolgies.
                              If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                              [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Am planning to do more about these guys on GWVF 4.0. Perhaps we could even have interaction between the Houjin and this civilization I've yet to name.

Comment

Working...
                                X