No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please tell me you didn't just say "eastern regions of the galaxy" ...

Good to hear from you you again, though. Kick off your boots and stay a while.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

killman; Good model, I like it.

Tom; is the water out of your ears yet ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post

He did didn't he. We'll never let him live that down will we?

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
        killman; Good model, I like it.

Tom; is the water out of your ears yet ?
        Eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post

Eh?

Your avatar^

Have any of you guys watched Stan Lee's super humans on TV or Netflix? I wish to incorporate many aspects from the people of that show into the Houjin, to varying degrees.
          sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post

Have any of you guys watched Stan Lee's super humans on TV or Netflix? I wish to incorporate many aspects from the people of that show into the Houjin, to varying degrees.
            Just define what you mean. So we all know what you are talking about
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
              Just define what you mean. So we all know what you are talking about
              What? Synesthesia? Metabolic control?

Or are we talking Spiderman Stan Lee here?

Comment

i've never watched it.

Comment

Real life people with amazing abilities, like conducting amounts of electricity that would be lethal to normal people, climbing like a monkey, bending steel wrench's or rolling frying pans like tortillas, drawing a revolver and blasting 3 balloons at wast height in less time then the strike of a Rattlesnake, having a more accurate memory then a stores inventory computer, one guy who could run and run and run for miles and miles but lactate acid production in his muscles stopped. That sort of stuff.

They go through the mechanics of the peoples bodies and do all sorts of tests and things to see how they do it.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
                    Real life people with amazing abilities, like conducting amounts of electricity that would be lethal to normal people, climbing like a monkey, bending steel wrench's or rolling frying pans like tortillas, drawing a revolver and blasting 3 balloons at wast height in less time then the strike of a Rattlesnake, having a more accurate memory then a stores inventory computer, one guy who could run and run and run for miles and miles but lactate acid production in his muscles stopped. That sort of stuff.

They go through the mechanics of the peoples bodies and do all sorts of tests and things to see how they do it.
                    Yeah, that's fine. These sort of things will likely be part of blanket DNA augments in the future anyways.

Comment

Yaaaaay.

You guys should watch the show b.t.w.

Comment

So, it's Dune, with more combat? You've got your work cut out for you.

Please tell me you scraped that early super-soldier training chapter.
                        Lol, no not at all. Not even close. I've read all the Dune books and even though they are incredibly well written and thought out, my story has no inspirations from the Dune series whatsoever.

I've done everything I've possibly can to make this into a very original series.

Lol, that super-soldier stuff was child's play. To this day I can't figure out why I had that idea...

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post

Lol, smart a$s.... Yes I did.... you know EXACTLY what I mean by what I said, don't misconstrue my words good sir, lol. But since you pointed it out I had a moment of "Epic Palm to the Face", haha.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. I'll think I just might, but don't get your hopes up to much though, I might disappear into the void of the internet... I might just find myself in Tom's browser history if I'm not careful...

He did didn't he. We'll never let him live that down will we?
                        *sigh*...what have I unleashed on myself... lol

So what's the overall story or stories that everybody is working on just out of curiosity? Any type of main plot?
                        sigpic
                        You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hey, I have finished chapter one and am part way through two on my story, I will be posting them at some point.

Originally posted by Major Mike David View Post
                          So what's the overall story or stories that everybody is working on just out of curiosity? Any type of main plot?
                          Not sure....havent had a chance to read many.

Oh, I added tranq dart capability to the Yokuzaki B-03 anti personal assault rifle, for a stun setting. Each dart holds 5cc's of Mokokia, enough to put down a Houjin super soldier for 5-10 minutes or so. Normal human? A few hours or so...more then one dart would have a chance of killing.
                          Last edited by Gormagon; 11 April 2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

So, I was going through a city relatively near were I live running errands, and well I was waiting for traffic lights I had time to look around. Our cities disgust me. All this scrap metal, old, broken filthy brick, cracked, uneven side walks and streets, weeds, rusted light poles, the "posterior section ugly" telephone poles, the chaotic, disorganized setup and sorry if I offend, but the people.

Just because you dont have a lot of money does not mean you have to live like a pig. Wearing greasy, stained sweat pants over your raggy sweatshirt with unkempt hair well you smoke a pack of cig's and stuff french fries in your mouth well your gut bounces and your 6+ kids run around wild. Or walking around in your PJ's, picking your nose.

Well, it kicked my thoughts into overdrive for how my race manages Arata Seken, their home world. How their cities would be built, industry, residential. So, their cities, they tend to build upward rather then outward. Basic example, imagine three skyscrapers arranged in triangle positions around each other. All around the base would be stone paths, fish ponds, small streams, rock gardens, sand gardens, regular gardens and ancient Houjin style architecture.

About halfway up the skyscrapers, large connectors would span outward and link to the others, inside those connectors would be more space for stuff. Houses perhaps. On top of each one would be more garden/park sections. As the towers got taller, more connectors would be added, increasing the size of the complex.

They would have been built using force fields, but the emitters would have been left behind. These emitters are used encase of structural danger, attack or whatnot. They would be linked to the subterranean power grid, but each tower would have solar collectors and power cells for emergencies.

The Houjin would not build major cities on a fault line, in a "bowl" or near a volcano, unlike our idiotic race.

Arata Seken has only a few thousand land dwelling species but its oceans are filled with millions of organisms. To the Houjin, fish are what cattle/sheep/goats/pigs are to us. They do not eat land animals, so no massive sections of land, thousands of acres, have to be turned into fields of manure stuffed with unhappy critters fed an unnatural diet that leads to an 80% increase in E-coli bacteria in their guts.(Corn is an entirely man made phenomenon.)

Plus, fish is high protein low in fat, unlike land creatures. Most of the Houjin diet however, is plant based. Houjin farms are...hmm. How to explain this...leveled. A hundred square acres of land is chosen and the fields set up. Then, support pillars are built for a platform above that. The bottom of the platform has solar lamps and water sprayers in it. The farm is then expanded upward, as many levels as required.

The atmosphere of Arata Seken has no pollutants in it.

Our system is based on money, money is power. For the Houjin, power is to be used to help others, to take care of your responsibilities, your duty. All Houjin leaders are taught to respect power as a privilege.(More detail available) Money is a simple tool, not the main focus of life. People today are so concerned about rights. "I have my rights I have my rights!!!" Ok. But what about other people? Houjin society teaches one to be focused outward, on others, rather then self. People are given what they need to survive, food, shelter, clean water, medical attention, and in return, they help build up society by preforming various tasks. Depending on the task you preform, you get credit bonuses. You are somewhat limited by your cast though.

Tobacco like products were outlawed centuries ago. Fossil fuel was scoffed at. We would be using solar power and hydrogen driven cars if the frigging oil companies were not bringing in billions of dollars in profit every year.

Think of all the progress we could make if money was not the main focus of people. Sorry if I ranted a bit but I was kind of on a roll.
                            Last edited by Gormagon; 11 April 2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

idyllic is the word that comes to mind.

fishing etc is fine, but you need megalomaniac scale fish farms.

my problem with your "vision" is that you don't take into account why things are as they are.

there are reasons we settle near volcanos. there are reasons we settle on faultlines.

Comment

Well, volcano's have fertile soil. And could be used for Geo-thermal power but....Stargate level tech makes both unnecessary.

Whats good about faultlines?

Comment

Working...
                                X