Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something similar to it.
    depends on how similar you want it. i consider it the prime example of an Anti-Capital Ship weapon.

Comment

damn i'm pissed. got into a hacked server on MW2 and now i'm lvl 70 with EVERYTHING unlocked. worse, it's the second time. i just can NOT get to lvl 70 fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        damn i'm pissed. got into a hacked server on MW2 and now i'm lvl 70 with EVERYTHING unlocked. worse, it's the second time. i just can NOT get to lvl 70 fairly.
        I'm confused what you're whining about.

Comment

i got max leveled against my will

Comment

I think what he is trying to say is that he wants to earn it instead of just getting it.

I think it's something called pride or something

But I know what you mean. My friend actually bought a pre-leveled character and I was just like "what's the fun of that?"
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

indeed. i play games because i like getting "high" off the rewards. right now i reset my entire profile and am levelling up like crazy. and it feels damn good every time you see some reward or "level up" or "achievement" at the top of your screen.

gaining it with a cheat defeats the very point of gaming.

you can consider it an emotional investment, and an investment of work, and i like to see that payed off. i hate that people have the arrogance to not even ASK me wheter i really want to cheat level. hell, i couldn't even prevent it as usual as the game detected something was wrong and forced me out.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                indeed. i play games because i like getting "high" off the rewards. right now i reset my entire profile and am levelling up like crazy. and it feels damn good every time you see some reward or "level up" or "achievement" at the top of your screen.

gaining it with a cheat defeats the very point of gaming.
                Yeah I like getting high and playing games too or is that not what you meant
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

or is that not what you meant
                  that too.

Comment

If a game does not have cheats, my dad will most likely not buy it.

I like cheats, but I use them when I want to have fun, if you beat a game with cheats there is no sense of accomplishment.

Runescape was hacked before, the guys made tons of items fall from the sky and it messed up the market and stuff, but they got really nice security now.

I have never botted or auto clicked in RS, and my character is awesome. And he has awesome gear. And I am proud of him.
                    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Gaming just doesn't entertain me. It's too constrained and repetitive. I'm more of a Real Life kind of guy.

Comment

Reality, I have played that game, it has great graphics and effects!

Yesterday, I was training my agility climbing a mt. and the skyline view at the summit with all the trees changing color...now there are some graphics!

Tomorrow I plan on putting more of my story on the site. It will explain some things, the other part will seem less random.

No comments on my particle rifle? I did think of a problem actually. How long would the L.N cell last?
                        Last edited by Gormagon; 10 October 2011, 03:49 PM.
                        sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Particle rifle.

A deadly multi-purpose weapon. They fire streams or pulses of highly accelerated non charged naquadah atoms, kirons and exotons.

Houjin particle rifles are versatile. They have four settings, the first, single shot, fires a mid level coherence stream of particles used for piercing other soldiers armors and frying them. The second is the auto matic setting, it rapidly fires pulses of particles like highly advanced, very effective bullets. The fourth setting fires a high level coherence stream of particles. This is the sniper setting. A advanced scope is built into the weapon. The last setting sets the stream to minimal coherence and fires a wide angle stream of particles used for at least injuring if not killing tight nit groups of men. Power requirments for each setting vary.

The particle rifle is powered by a L.N cell.
                          I like but you dont need Kirons and Exotons. You dont even need to define the whole particle machinisms. In terms of how your depicting this weapon then your looking at a combination of Zat and Kull Staff weapon technology augmented with particle beam weaponr and goauld shock wave. Actually scrap that, your kinda looking at Halo type weaponry more than stargate but i can work with that. Its like a plasma grenade launcher, mixed in with a partile beam rifle and then a zat and staff weapon.

I would say a better version, just to make it more coherent, is to say that the weapon still has 4 settings but based on a single plasma based ammunition. One is a stun setting based on Intar like technology, Second is a rapid plasma blast similar in power to a kull's (the staff weapons should have had that kind of rof after 5000 years from the outset), third is a focused plasma beam, potentially requiring a modification or addon, or for other features to be disabled, such as plasma grenade launcher ( frankly we can steal Halo for this, as the goauld should have a lethal version of thier stun grenade somewhere for us to retroengineer) this would essentially be a Highly charged 1 or 2 shot. As to LN cell, fine as they have powered staff weapons for endless amounts of time without issue. But it would say that the 3/4 type of shot drains it about 10%. Of course unlike the goauld we or the houjin would keep refills on hand...I think it can work.

We already had hand based rail guns and tbh the only weapon we were using on the goauld were normal weapons until sg10 so yeah id say if we make use of more ground troops we would have a small amount ofhandheld energy weapons in the pipeline. The Houjin may have got there way before us though, but likely ours would be based on the above principles of using staff, zat, intar and stun grenades (the tech we have to study) and combining them in a more earth housing and delivery system.

BTW can we keep the games chat etc to PM or something?
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

I play real life all the time but watch out you don't get to respawn which really sucks and if you hit lag in real life well watch out
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              Gaming just doesn't entertain me. It's too constrained and repetitive. I'm more of a Real Life kind of guy.
                              If life is a game, give me the cheat sheet NAO!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post

This Terra Nova...I must watch it. I shall see if it is available on instant watch. Just got done with Kyle XY I need something else now. Would not going to the past to live screw up things in the future?
                                I watched the first episode in which they explained that thie timeline they sent them into diverges from the normal timeline, and they can verify this b/c the probe doesn't show up agai9n in the present. I loved the first episode. You should watch at least that I'd recommend.

There are some other sites too you can watch it online.
                                If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                                [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Working...
                                X