No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

um, might be asking an opposite, but is this an alternative timeline, since in the first Atlantis episode, a city I assummed was Atlantis was taking off indicatedbout 50,000,000 years ago from 2004
    uhm no. the episode states "several million years ago"

i very sincerely doubt the 50 million figure is even correct. it's simple mathematics.
    the 50 mil figure only occurs ones, in dating the Stargate. now datings CAN be off. since Destiny was launched a the Height of the Ancient Empire yet contains a gate predating all else, it's likely that the current type of gate did not enter service until 10 million years ago, give or take a few. notice that Atlantis has TWO figures backing it up, namely Ayanna's age (7 million years) AND Daniel's figure of 5-10 million years. Atlantis left after or at the end of the Plague. the Ancients were capable of ascension at the plague, thus they became obsessed with it earlier. given the 2000 year timeframe between the Seeder Ships and Destiny, it definitely was a long term project, but even then i wouldn't place it much further back than some 15 million years ago, given -even then- it's meagre average speed. unless the last drift (Sabotage stated it drifted the last part in the previous galaxy trip) was many millions of years, which i doubt, Destiny can not be that old, definitely not 50 million years.

Comment

Oh, another thought, could the Ark ship be found under MT. Ararat? (That is where the Bible says Noah's ark settled after the flood.)
      Ark Ship?

Comment

its from Tep's story of Genesis, about the Dakara device

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          i know that, i meant that using the logic "it's not ancient-y so it must be adnihilo" is kind of flawed.

i was planning on introducing the "Hand of Zeus", a unique Goauld hand device more like the ancient equivalent i described.
          it would have the status of "unique".
          sounds cool; I always thought would be neat if each Go'auld had developed a piece of technology which corresponded with theri mythological powers

[QUOTE=thekillman;12926502]given that the Floating City was cloaked for the entire time, we simply CAN NOT know the extent of the Nox advancement. the episode suggests the Nox we meet are simply "farmer" equivalents of the Nox, while other Nox prefer to live in the city.

or they could all take turns caring for the planet's wildlife
          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

it's what i felt the Goauld lacked: a better link to their mythological counterpart other than the name

Comment

uhm no. the episode states "several million years ago"

i very sincerely doubt the 50 million figure is even correct. it's simple mathematics.
              the 50 mil figure only occurs ones, in dating the Stargate. now datings CAN be off. since Destiny was launched a the Height of the Ancient Empire yet contains a gate predating all else, it's likely that the current type of gate did not enter service until 10 million years ago, give or take a few. notice that Atlantis has TWO figures backing it up, namely Ayanna's age (7 million years) AND Daniel's figure of 5-10 million years. Atlantis left after or at the end of the Plague. the Ancients were capable of ascension at the plague, thus they became obsessed with it earlier. given the 2000 year timeframe between the Seeder Ships and Destiny, it definitely was a long term project, but even then i wouldn't place it much further back than some 15 million years ago, given -even then- it's meagre average speed. unless the last drift (Sabotage stated it drifted the last part in the previous galaxy trip) was many millions of years, which i doubt, Destiny can not be that old, definitely not 50 million years.
              Indeed it does but there are other dates which suggest 1m years ago. Now as to the 50mil figure and destiny. In terms of SGU, its dating is a nightmare, it might as well be thrown in the bin. There are so many holes. Firstly the date suggested at the begining was 100,000 years, then 1million. Both of which are wrong as the Ancient were in pegasus after 5mil years ago, and the ship was launched from the MW. Then there are the gates. The MW gates are the oldest, the PG gates are the newest, the Destiny gates are somewhere in between. BUT if they created a pangalactic gate for the destiny mission, why did it not get built in to the Pegasus gate design.
              Now if the ship was launched at the height of the alliance, before the plague, then it would put it at over 7mil years old (ayanna had the plague), which makes it predate atlantis by along way, thus explaining why it doesnt have drones and ZPM's. Basically ive had this debate loads and its a completely mess of dating that will just give us all headaches.

its from Tep's story of Genesis, about the Dakara device
              Genesis is a completely seperate project from the fleets and I am only contributing ideas used in the development of Genesis to the discussion because they underpin and explore my own theories on this topic. I do not want Genesis or its mythology to be part of the fleets, its not needed and brings up all sorts of issues that I am no longer capable of going through.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Basically ive had this debate loads and its a completely mess of dating that will just give us all headaches.
                that is assuming Rush meant it literally. wheter he had said a million or a billion, do you really think Scott or Eli would've been able to comprehend such numbers?

Genesis is a completely seperate project from the fleets and I am only contributing ideas used in the development of Genesis to the discussion because they underpin and explore my own theories on this topic. I do not want Genesis or its mythology to be part of the fleets, its not needed and brings up all sorts of issues that I am no longer capable of going through.
                i knew that, i meant to point at the source.

i think it deviates from the purpose of this fleet: to go on, rather than, IMO once again, explore the past

Comment

I always thought the eyes that the Goa'uld used were prototype ZPM's or something
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

All of a sudden I wonder how Gormagon would take to the Felinus....

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                      I always thought the eyes that the Goa'uld used were prototype ZPM's or something
                      Some sort of prototype power source. Or even a main power source. ZPM casing looks crystalline. However, that does not mean Ancient technology, I would much prefer it to be Adnihilo in origin, same as Zats.

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                      All of a sudden I wonder how Gormagon would take to the Felinus....
                      Only one way to know.
                      sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
                        Only one way to know.
                        Why am I scared, anyhow I'll give it brief.

For oen thing the Felinus are actually my version of the Furlings, I had attempted to introduce them in the third fleets, but no go there so then I thought what about fleet number four, in this case I have them in some stories of mine. namely, they're tao races in one, though both are tall. for one thing a felinus, is also known as a Furling, though with feline features. fur tails, you name it they got it, only thing is, they are bipedal felines, about seven foot to nine feet tall. the race they share their homeworld with is called the Darrowaen, who are similar to the Felinus, as a whole both races call themselves Felinus.

In short they are two races in one, one elflike, the other felinelike. One of my stories has a few history segments in it, first seven chapters in fact, and also feature many battles from back then in time, about 10,000 years ago.

around the same time the Cube came by....

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

yes, that's what i meant.

not necessarily prototype, i considered them more like "standard issue" for small applications.

However, that does not mean Ancient technology, I would much prefer it to be Adnihilo in origin, same as Zats.
                          the Adnihilo are, simply, not in this fleet and of no concern as they won't be.

not now, not in 2.0. there's enough creative juice here to remove the need for just redoing the previous fleets. there inevitably will be similarities between 1.0 and 2.0 and this fleet.

oh and this is absolutely SICK:

this is absolutely sick good.

(song goes to 2:00)

In short they are two races in one, one elflike, the other felinelike. One of my stories has a few history segments in it, first seven chapters in fact, and also feature many battles from back then in time, about 10,000 years ago.
                          i wasn't aware they were two races in one.

around the same time the Cube came by....
                          cube?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            i wasn't aware they were two races in one.

cube?
                            first question; two races that share the same planet, though they share the common name of Felinus, or Furling.

Second question; do you really want to know ?

Comment

the Adnihilo are, simply, not in this fleet and of no concern as they won't be.

not now, not in 2.0. there's enough creative juice here to remove the need for just redoing the previous fleets. there inevitably will be similarities between 1.0 and 2.0 and this fleet.
                              Agreed. The adnihlo should not be in these fleets, if you want to use them, you are welcome to revisit and revive the older fleets. But in terms of the old fleets then yes in that mythology the eye weapon was based on Adnihlo weaponry found by Anubis. The crystals may have been ancient small scale power sources, however the weapon itself was adnihlo. Anubis may have just needed the extra power to use it and this was one way to get it.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Well since we are redoing the Aschen and LA and Shrin'yar, eventually will we not redo the Adnihilo? If we do end up redoing them, we should leave the origins of the anti-gate weapon a mystery in this fleet, 4.0, as well as the Eyes, and the mind probe devices. Then have them as Adnihilo in 5.0 or 6.0 or something.

Awinita, the Felinus sound fine, they could easily be incorporated with my ideas. I did not have multiple races in one category, but it could actually work out better....

Its not a Borg cube is it? Or a Borg tactical cube?
                                sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Working...
                                X