Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    i know nothing of goths neither am i interested.

also re: the picture. which one is the male?
    the taller one.... I think

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

anyway, is gothic not an architecture/design style and a musicstyle (with matching clothing and behaviour and all)

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

it's a state of mind. next to crazy and depressed

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
          anyway, is gothic not an architecture/design style and a musicstyle (with matching clothing and behaviour and all)
          in most cultures yes, you mentioned Lou (can I call you Lou?) a type of writing style, gothic in a sense of writing style shows a hidden agenda for a character or more (read Rogue Trader in off topic and find out exactly how gothic it is ) But yes gothic in style of writing has hidden agendas for characters, the actual arcitexture for buildings, and items in question have a dark, or bleak feel to them.

I'll make an example

two teams are worknig together, but one team wants to oust the main team they (at the time) are not working with, so they have their cultureal differeances clash, and after allowing two types of culture begin to bleedo ff their own culture to theo ther tesm, in which case bty time they're doneboth teams are so dark, and gothic in taste or the like that the main team in charge feels hunted, maybe even one of the teams own members could have an agenda of some kind against their leadership caste, or even against the guy directly above them "oust him/her andtake their job!"

All of a sudden that sounds like Munchkin O.o

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Excuse me Killman, but do you think I'm crazy or depressed? You've got a strange stereotype of goths.

Comment

whenever i see that picture with goths it certainly makes me depressed

Comment

I did not really get your post/point Awi (can I call you that?)(yes you may call me lou). I was thinking more of something like:

I was walking there in the middle of the night, the air was think and humid but it was cold, real cold then all of a sudden the stargate activated, chevron 1 activated. Chevron 2, 3 and BAM all of the sudden the gate stopped. Never the less, it felt like something came throe and is watching me, I do not know where to turn! Then Kawoosh! the gate activated and it turned dark, even darker than before, I could not even see the moon any longer. I set my gun to autofire mode and wait for someone to come through, the gate ripples like something exits it, but I see nothing, then I feel a pain in my abdomen, and suddenly, nothing.

When I woke up my fellow militia men told me I had been gone for nine days straight, but I do not understand

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Comment

goths usually are not depressed, besides, goth is a musical taste or an architecture style, do you get depressed when watching a cathedral?

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

I did not really get your post/point Awi (can I call you that?)(yes you may call me lou). I was thinking more of something like:

I was walking there in the middle of the night, the air was think and humid but it was cold, real cold then all of a sudden the stargate activated, chevron 1 activated. Chevron 2, 3 and BAM all of the sudden the gate stopped. Never the less, it felt like something came throe and is watching me, I do not know where to turn! Then Kawoosh! the gate activated and it turned dark, even darker than before, I could not even see the moon any longer. I set my gun to autofire mode and wait for someone to come through, the gate ripples like something exits it, but I see nothing, then I feel a pain in my abdomen, and suddenly, nothing.

When I woke up my fellow militia men told me I had been gone for nine days straight, but I do not understand
                    Something like that, only everything in whereever he was at ghaving mempories of a wierd space would be very gothic indeed. Paranoia of others out ot get you would also play a facxtor in gothic writing style other then appearances of people and items/places.

Comment

Which picture? Goths come in different shapes and sizes, and freedom of expression is one of the most important aspects of being a goth. It's not all depression, satanism or anything like that. There's no fear of the dark, there's an embrace of the dark.

Comment

yes indeed, that i what I like in reading things, it is also something regularly found in thrillers, in the book A kiss before dying you actually find paper napkins all the time when the killer has been there, something which is usually considered a morbid/dark way of setting scenes in books/writings which is often called a goth writingstyle.

I can also remember a book in which the sign of the crucifix was an important thing, it appeared just about every time something important happened
                        Last edited by locutes; 24 May 2010, 11:37 AM.

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Comment

i like light

Comment

yes indeed, that i what I like in reading things, it is also something regularly found in thrillers, in the book A kiss before dying you actually find paper napkins all the time when the killer has been there, something which is usually considered a morbid/dark way of setting scenes in books/writings which is often called a goth writingstyle.

I can also remember a book in which the sign of the crucifix was an important thing, it appeared just about every time something important happened
                            You would love Rogue Trader; Tales from the Spirit of Silence on fanfiction.net There are many plot twists, hidden agendas, all sorts of stuff going on, (even some foreshadowing of a episode in season two but that's another story)

Comment

I like using darkness and light, rain and sunshine, thunder and humming birds, ruins and buildings in their prime.

And you Awi, you would like to read the book Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

I like using darkness and light, rain and sunshine, thunder and humming birds, ruins and buildings in their prime.

And you Awi, you would like to read the book Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
                                Saw the movie, want to read it

and yes you may call me Awi

Comment

Working...
                                X