X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guppy338 View Post
    i have nto voted since i was a away give the last vote
    For the orginal vote or this new vote?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

yes but the votings are closed, so sorry.

this is a re-vote between the highest-voted of last rounds, you can still make a vote now for these three

Comment

revoting for the last thrtee, since it is two votes apiece I'll only bother with one

my vote goes directly to the Admiral thus maming his single one vote a two, and also Fugi's Merlin craft a vote as well, thus using my two votes.

Though I sayt it again, Either of my two fighters are the only fighters listed as gate travel capible. None of the fighters presented are gate travel capible at all. Though these fighters are cheap to make, they are NOT cheap tio constantly supply, in this case they can still be used, but not in great numbers, like one or two for a mission. In this case, Say a pair of Startail pilots are given a 'hit and fade' mission against, for total example, Ba'al's number one supply yard. The mission would only be considered a success if both fighters returned home in one piece and left the supply yard a total mess. Fighters can be replaced yes I know, but people can't.

But I like both the Admiral and Fugi's craft equally.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

im useing my vote for puddlejumperOZ

Comment

I would like to say why I haven't voted for PJOZ's fighter. Two sets of specs, asgard shields on a fighter, with those shields and cloaking device for $88 million, don't be stupid. I would like to see why those who have voted can say why they have voted or not voted for the chosen fighters. This should be what happens for the rest of the classes.

Comment

Dave: Shields on a fighter, think about this a moment, a fighter is given a set task, the pilot also is, yet when the pilot is lost and the craft destoryed the mission it is sent on is a failure. The mission wwould only be considered a success when the pilot returns home with his ship and the target destroyed or taken to a pouint in space. Fighters can be rebuilt yes, but people can't, they have to be trained. grown, etc. A fighter can be built within a month, people take years.

Sop in this case, in the case of my own two specs gioven, the main mission ofjec tive is to return in one piece fighter and pilot together, the mission sent on, (for example, sending a vital message to a colony without a stargate) is considered a secondary objective and are only considered when the pilot returns with his/her craft. That is why I voted for both my craft, (Startail) and the Admiral's craft (mk I)

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Awinita, I've got a problem with shields on a fighter yes. But what it even worse to me is ASGARD shields on a fighter, as in the same shield that is on the Daedalus on a fighter, I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. That's why I don't like PJOZ's entry, it's not the shield, it's the fact it's an asgard shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                  I would like to say why I haven't voted for PJOZ's fighter. Two sets of specs, asgard shields on a fighter, with those shields and cloaking device for $88 million, don't be stupid. I would like to see why those who have voted can say why they have voted or not voted for the chosen fighters. This should be what happens for the rest of the classes.
                  Agreed because I just can't understand how some people vote for specs that have stuff that isn't going to work.

Im voting for Davidtourniquet

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                  Dave: Shields on a fighter, think about this a moment, a fighter is given a set task, the pilot also is, yet when the pilot is lost and the craft destoryed the mission it is sent on is a failure. The mission wwould only be considered a success when the pilot returns home with his ship and the target destroyed or taken to a pouint in space. Fighters can be rebuilt yes, but people can't, they have to be trained. grown, etc. A fighter can be built within a month, people take years.

Sop in this case, in the case of my own two specs gioven, the main mission ofjec tive is to return in one piece fighter and pilot together, the mission sent on, (for example, sending a vital message to a colony without a stargate) is considered a secondary objective and are only considered when the pilot returns with his/her craft. That is why I voted for both my craft, (Startail) and the Admiral's craft (mk I)
                  Just because you fighter has shields doesn't mean its going to survive. Sheilds are massive power hogs and for somthing like a Mrk I or Mrk II its going to drain alot of power. Also, a gate capabile fighter isnt the best thing. What if the gate is underground, or the gate is heavily fortified. a gate fighter isnt going to work in this galaxy because there are to many advanced races than can easily shoot it down. It works in the Pegasus because the natives aren't advanced.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Also, most of these fighters will be built at the colonies, for colonial defence, so why would they need to fly through a gate. I mean a gate is what 4 metres in width? You can't make a fighter with that wingspan fly unless you have some sort of fold away system.

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                      Just because you fighter has shields doesn't mean its going to survive. Sheilds are massive power hogs and for somthing like a Mrk I or Mrk II its going to drain alot of power. Also, a gate capabile fighter isnt the best thing. What if the gate is underground, or the gate is heavily fortified. a gate fighter isnt going to work in this galaxy because there are to many advanced races than can easily shoot it down. It works in the Pegasus because the natives aren't advanced.
                      And yet one misses the point, shields need not be power hogs, I've played a game wherein you had a shioeld system, a weapon system and engine system (and on some craft a cloak system) each of these in turn could be tweaked as the pilot wishes. In this case, everything is set at 50% each for everything, thus equally drawing power. shields could be set to faster recharge, and slow the eniges, or drained and redirected soley to engines, thus giving greater speed bost to power, and putting its popwer to speed over protection. Same can be said of the cloak if it is on the desired ship, it can be drained, or redirected to power supply. laser cannons too can be set as needs permit, for an example everything is at 50% apieces, shields, engines, cloak and guns.

Set up your crafty this way for total example...

Shields 0%
                      Engines 75%
                      cloak 0% (if your fighter has one)
                      weapons 75% (+25, from cloak, if equipped)

this set up gives greater weapons recharge rate, and also greater speed and manouvrebily. Otherwise weapons without the cloak's power would still be at half rate yet seteady recharge rate nonetheless. shields are power hogs yes, unless tweaked for a mission profile. which is why tWindfire models are not shielded.

Comment

i diss like sheilds on a fighters in general

Comment

I would like to know how all this stuff is going to fit on PJOZ's fighter if he wins. A shield generator isn't small.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                            And yet one misses the point, shields need not be power hogs, I've played a game wherein you had a shioeld system, a weapon system and engine system (and on some craft a cloak system) each of these in turn could be tweaked as the pilot wishes. In this case, everything is set at 50% each for everything, thus equally drawing power. shields could be set to faster recharge, and slow the eniges, or drained and redirected soley to engines, thus giving greater speed bost to power, and putting its popwer to speed over protection. Same can be said of the cloak if it is on the desired ship, it can be drained, or redirected to power supply. laser cannons too can be set as needs permit, for an example everything is at 50% apieces, shields, engines, cloak and guns.

Set up your crafty this way for total example...

Shields 0%
                            Engines 75%
                            cloak 0% (if your fighter has one)
                            weapons 75% (+25, from cloak, if equipped)

this set up gives greater weapons recharge rate, and also greater speed and manouvrebily. Otherwise weapons without the cloak's power would still be at half rate yet seteady recharge rate nonetheless. shields are power hogs yes, unless tweaked for a mission profile. which is why tWindfire models are not shielded.
                            Key part is in bold. Just because it works in this game doesn't men it will work in the stargate universe

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                              I would like to know how all this stuff is going to fit on PJOZ's fighter if he wins. A shield generator isn't small.
                              They can be. in SDO a shield generator was no larger then a shoebox for a size C44 (USA 11) shoe. (about 21cm long by 12cm wide by 10cm deep)

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                                Key part is in bold. Just because it works in this game doesn't men it will work in the stargate universe
                                you still miss the point, shields can be good and useful

Comment

Working...
                                X