This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    What episode was Sunday? We only have re-runs on Sunday.
    Third season. It's about Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      Janet's death was the only one that actually haunted me (for lack of a better word) for months afterward because of how sad it was. I thought it was probably the best executed in the show, and even though she was a favorite of mine, I did have no problems with her leaving in and of itself. I just wish they talked about her one and a while.
      They mentioned her in "Ripple Effect," I think.

Comment

More than mention. It's an episode that any Janet fan should see. Then again, I wouldn't skip any episode when there's one to be seen.

Comment

For the same reason they killed
          Spoiler:
          Dr. Beckett in SGA Season 3 - Sunday
          because they are to good!

Comment

because they are to good!
            Uh, what? *scratches head*

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
              Uh, what? *scratches head*
              To good at what they do (saving lives)!

Comment

To good at what they do (saving lives)!
                Ah, so they were written out to put the other characters in greater jeopardy! I see.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Because the series got renewed for an 8th season, and the DVD movie was put off till the series actually did end. And the DVD movie "Ark of Truth" followed up the ending of the series.
                  Am I alone in thinking AoT kinda sucked?
                  Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                    Am I alone in thinking AoT kinda sucked?
                    No, a fair few people share that belief. I'm just not one of them.
                    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

AoT was the result of trying to bring an epic arc to a screeching halt. That, and it was the first full motion picture format film which is probably a bit of an adjustment because you don't have all those mini-act breaks. Or at least, it wouldn't if you're doing a motion picture correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by jwgrlrrajn View Post
                        More than mention. It's an episode that any Janet fan should see. Then again, I wouldn't skip any episode when there's one to be seen.
                        What about Hathor?

Anyway, I knew they did more than mention her, but I was recycling the context that the other user used.

(the "I think" part was because I couldn't remember if that was the actual episode)

Comment

What about Hathor?
                          Heh, it may be my most unfavorite episode for oh, so many reasons, but it does have some good scenes between Janet and Sam, which was nice. There's no episode that didn't have something good about it.

Comment

Heh, it may be my most unfavorite episode for oh, so many reasons, but it does have some good scenes between Janet and Sam, which was nice. There's no episode that didn't have something good about it.
                            No episode with Janet or no episode in SG1?
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

No episode with Janet or no episode in SG1?
                              SG-1. Admittedly, 'Family Ties' had very few such moments, but there were a couple.

Comment

It should be in the Gateworld archieves somewhere, but I think what happened was that as others have said they thought the network was not going to renew the series, but then at the last minute they did. Teryl had made commitments for other acting jobs, so she was only available for the beginning of the season. Even though Heroes aired in the second part of the season, it was shot much earlier. There are a whole bunch of episodes before it in which Janet does not appear.

So rather than put her on a leave of absence or some other plot contrivation, TPTB decided to write her out with some realistic drama.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X