This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stu View Post
    Yeah, I realise that but I was asking what made TPTB renew the show for an 8th season, as everyone had assumed that the 7th was the final season, so what changed?
    SciFi surprised them and asked for an another season. Its all unknown until SciFi says yes or no. Remember S8 was where we dropped from 22 episodes to 20. Maybe that was a factor
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

The DVD movie was supposed to be Stargate Atlantis, which turned into well....a series!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        The DVD movie was supposed to be Stargate Atlantis, which turned into well....a series!
        That was at the end of Season 8. But then SG1 got picked up again and then we got SGA.

"Lost City" at the end of Season 7 was supposed to be an end of series cliffhanger that was going to be resolved in the 1st SG1 movie ... until SG1 got picked up for Season 8. Regardless, I'm glad we got three more years of SG1 and then five of SGA.

Comment

Season 7 ended with a bang. Heroes and Lost City are some of my all-time favourite episodes of Stargate. Only downside is if they had known the series would be renewed Janet probably wouldn't have gotten killed off then.
          sigpic

Comment

Eh, her death was the best-executed of all the major/recurring characters' deaths, IMO. Even Daniel's 'death'. The suddenness and intensity of it is chilling; I loved it. I'm quite glad she died, and I enjoyed her character, too.

Originally posted by amconway
            They needed to bring back the idea that important people can die. Bringing back Daniel made it seem like nothing bad could happen and sucked the sense of real danger to the characters out of the plots. When a character as well loved as Janet can die, it raised the stakes for all the characters.
            What he said.

Well Atlantis ****ed that up!
            I rewatched 'Rising' for no apparent reason earlier, and it pained me to the point of constantly doing a head count -- all the folks that would survive versus those that would not. That show made 'Earth: Final Conflict' look somewhat stable with its cast, that's just brutal. What the hell, seriously. I couldn't enjoy the series premiere as much because I kept cringing at the ratio of deaths, it's just ludicrous. For most shows, I wouldn't care as much. But Stargate has a certain degree of quality to uphold... I thought.

You see, the irony is, I still like(d, maybe we'll still get that telefilm...) SGA. But ugh, I didn't approve of any of the deaths
            Spoiler:
            post-Grodin. Ford was silly, Weir was... silly. Oh yeah, and Beckett..?
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
              Spoiler:
              post-Grodin. Ford was silly, Weir was... silly. Oh yeah, and Beckett..?
              I don't care what TPTB has said in the past, or even the majority of fans I believe
              Spoiler:
              Ford and even Michael are still alive somewhere somehow. What happened to Weir was ridiculous.
              I'm kinda glad Frasier died too, it added alot to the show IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd
                Spoiler:
                What happened to Weir was ridiculous.
                Spoiler:
                The worst creative twist in all the fifteen seasons. I'm biased because I very much enjoyed her actress; I thought Torri Higginson delivered a phenomenal performance despite not always getting much to work with. But really, it's quite tedious looking at the pilot and seeing that the writers seemed to look forward to working with her character, and then looking at her appearances after 'First Strike' and watching them struggle to try something that just... didn't... work. And should never have happened.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  I don't care what TPTB has said in the past, or even the majority of fans I believe
                  Spoiler:
                  Ford and even Michael are still alive somewhere somehow. What happened to Weir was ridiculous.
                  I'm kinda glad Frasier died too, it added alot to the show IMO.
                  Spoiler:
                  I agree about Ford. Not so sure about Michael. Though considering how wraith can fall from a tall building and survive and walk away, he could still be around somewhere. Maybe he landed in the water and is still around regenerating somewhere - after a fall like that, it could take awhile to regenerate.

Comment

Personally...I didn't like when they killed off Janet...
                    sigpic

Comment

Because killing off Dr.s is the thing to do. Just look at poor Carson. Who ever the dr is on SGU better watch out.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                      Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
                        Because killing off Dr.s is the thing to do. Just look at poor Carson. Who ever the dr is on SGU better watch out.
                        *makes slitty eyes*
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, technically there is no doctor aboard Destiny. TJ is a medic. So maybe there's hope that her character won't get killed.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            *makes slitty eyes*
                            I HAD too say that! I mean come on! Both Carson and janet go out with powerful episodes. Wow original!

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                            Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

I HAD too say that! I mean come on! Both Carson and janet go out with powerful episodes. Wow original!
                              This is true it was VERY original. *wipes off sarcastic goo*
                              sigpic

Comment

They killed off Janet because TPTB hates the doctors. Don't believe me? Look at SGA, they killed off the real Beckett and only brought a clone back. Look at SGU, they killed off the doctor in the first episode, now we're stuck with the Medic.

Personally, I wouldn't mind this so much if their replacements weren't so bland/annoying.

Dr. Lam = Bland

Dr. Keller = Annoying

TJ = She doesn't count since she's only a Medic, and we never got to form an attachment to the Doctor.

Comment

Working...
                                X