This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwgrlrrajn View Post
    They killed off Janet because TPTB hates the doctors. Don't believe me? Look at SGA, they killed off the real Beckett and only brought a clone back. Look at SGU, they killed off the doctor in the first episode, now we're stuck with the Medic.

Personally, I wouldn't mind this so much if their replacements weren't so bland/annoying.

Dr. Lam = Bland

Dr. Keller = Annoying

TJ = She doesn't count since she's only a Medic, and we never got to form an attachment to the Doctor.
    sigpic

Comment

They do have a habit of killing off the doctors

Doctor Frasier
      Doctor Beckett
      Doctor Jackson
      Doctor Weir
      Doctor Heightmeyer
      Doctor whatshisnameonSGU

I know there's probably more I missed but I can't think the now (shut up Jel )

Why couldn't they add Doctor McKay to that list
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        They do have a habit of killing off the doctors

Doctor Frasier
        Doctor Beckett
        Doctor Jackson
        Doctor Weir
        Doctor Heightmeyer
        Doctor whatshisnameonSGU

I know there's probably more I missed but I can't think the now (shut up Jel )

Why couldn't they add Doctor McKay to that list
        ROFL...I used to dislike Dr. McKay at first...but as SGA went on...I started liking him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          ROFL...I used to dislike Dr. McKay at first...but as SGA went on...I started liking him.
          I tolerated him, but then grew to despise him
          sigpic

Comment

I like McKay, he provided some good comic relief for SGA. Not to mention the fact that he is not perfect, unlike Carter who annoys the heck out of me anymore. (her only redeeming quality imo is that Jack, by some miracle, likes her)

Comment

I liked Mckay, but I think he should of passed in the 5th season(along with Ronon in EATG) during "The Shrine", it would of made the episode even better IMO, not that it was bad in the first place! Mckay survived too many times...I could make a list of episodes he shouldn't of survived in. And remember, Keller did die in an alternate timeline!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                I liked Mckay, but I think he should of passed in the 5th season(along with Ronon in EATG) during "The Shrine", it would of made the episode even better IMO, not that it was bad in the first place! Mckay survived too many times...I could make a list of episodes he shouldn't of survived in. And remember, Keller did die in an alternate timeline!
                To be fair, all of them should have died any number of times throughout the series. Pretty much every one of them sustained numerous serious injuries that any normal human being would have died from if this wasn't a TV series. Shepard, Ronon, Teyla, Radek, probably Lorne, and others in the cast.

Comment

They killed her off because SciFi wanted a big death, they say so in one of the commentaries.

Comment

Janet's death was the only one that actually haunted me (for lack of a better word) for months afterward because of how sad it was. I thought it was probably the best executed in the show, and even though she was a favorite of mine, I did have no problems with her leaving in and of itself. I just wish they talked about her one and a while.
                    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 11 November 2009, 03:09 PM.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      Janet's death was the only one that actually haunted me (for lack of a better word) for months afterward because of how sad it was. I thought it was probably the best executed in the show, and even though she was a favorite of mine, I did have no problems with her leaving in and of itself. I just wish they talked about her one and a while.
                      Yes that would've been nice to have mentioned her...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwgrlrrajn View Post
                        I like McKay, he provided some good comic relief for SGA. Not to mention the fact that he is not perfect, unlike Carter who annoys the heck out of me anymore. (her only redeeming quality imo is that Jack, by some miracle, likes her)

I just found it so upsetting that Janet was killed. She was so charming. Same as Carson!

AS for Rodney. I could take him in small doses. But after seaon 3 it was the sheppard and John show.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                        Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Even though I never really had any real resentment to Lam or any other medical doctors, I often enjoyed pretending that I did.

For example, every time a medical crisis arose in the later seasons, such as the Ori plague, I often made comically snide comments about them not measuring up.

"A new disease huh? Hey; You know who could have solved this problem by now?"

Even Carson wasn't immune. Another Example:

Sheppard: Beckett's the best doctor in two galaxies.
                          Me: Still alive, you mean.

Sunday was a very emotional episode, but still there was a small part of me that went "What a copycat."
                          Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 12 November 2009, 07:18 AM.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            Sunday was a very emotional episode, but still there was a small part of me that went "What a copycat."
                            What episode was Sunday? We only have re-runs on Sunday.
                            sigpic

Comment

What episode was Sunday? We only have re-runs on Sunday.
                              There was an episode of SGA titled 'Sunday.'

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                                There was an episode of SGA titled 'Sunday.'
                                I see...LOL. I've seen all the episodes a few times...just don't have the names of 15+ years of episodes memorized.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X