• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plunged Into War
    September 4th-September 8th
    Part 2

Spoiler:
    Sheppard, Caldwell, Ry’ak, Todd and Larin sat round the atlantica briefing room table. The wraith were becoming a much larger threat now and the pegasus coalition had approved the beginning of the wraith war.

“We need to make the first move and we need to do it now,” Sheppard said.
    “I agree, we now have a sizeable fleet,” Todd said.
    “The super alliance have gathered all of their fleet except from 2 hives they are attacking the remaining alliance, they should be at the planet in 4 days,” Caldwell said.
    “Then we have 4 days to gather our fleet,” Ry’ak said ending the conversation.

The fleet leaders left the room to assemble there fleets, Sheppard sat looking into the firefly shipyard saying to himself “how could we do it this fast and they couldn’t,” and I think the same was on everyone else’s minds as well it took the greatest race know to humanity 100 years and they were beaten, but we had them cornered and we had only just begun the war.

The Jaffa had been busy they were now successfully trading with several worlds and were making a good name for themselves in the galaxy. Obviously Ry’ak was leading them very well. For the first time ever they could fight a war against an enemy that was not goauld and be lead by a leader who was not goauld, for the jaffa this was enough reason to help the fighting in Pegasus.

The Pegasus Jaffa’s 22 ha’tak floated in orbit above Gerak there planet which was named after the Jaffa hero who died saving earth. Ry’ak had arrived and had begun assembling an attack fleet. The Wraith knew nothing of the Jaffa or where they were based so they were pretty much safe to use at least half of the fleet. Ry’ak was a cautious leader and selected 8 ha’tak and 16 al’kesh.

“Fleet enter hyperspace on my mark, final destination, atlantica,” Ry’ak said.

The Jaffa fleet was swallowed up by the medusa that was a hyperspace window.

The coalition fleet met in the Hafayar system above a moon similar to mars. The fleet was one of the biggest ever gathered against Wraith since their war against the ancients. The super hive, 2 Upgraded hives, 8 Ha’tak, 16 Al’kesh, The 304’s Daedalus, Apollo, Churchill, Lenin. All that they were waiting on was the traveller fleet and they were ready go, seeing as the wraith fleet was due in 3 hours.

For the Jaffa this would be their first combat with the wraith since they came to Pegasus, Ry’ak was a strong leader but even he sometimes had his doubts. He knew if they used traditional Jaffa tactics that the would be mauled within minutes but if he used tactics he learned from his short time on earth they would have a much better chance.

“Sir I’m picking up a hyperspace window,” Major Marks said.

A hyperspace window formed and from inside it a group of 10 traveller generational ships were spat out.

“Took you’re time Larin,” Caldwell said over the radio.
    “As you know fine well Caldwell I had to convince the ship captains individually,” Larin replied.
    “Fleet this is colonel Caldwell, all ships jump to drop point,” Caldwell ordered.

The fleet leaded by the superhive entered hyperspace one after another until all that was left was the empty space from where they were.

A short while later the fleet dropped out of hyperspace behind a moon orbiting the planet which was about to be attacked. Only 12 hives compared to the 42 of the super alliance were there to defend the planet.

30 minutes later it was time all the preparations everything was going to depend this battle.

“Sir, the wraith fleet just dropped out of hyperspace,” Marks said.
    “Fleet this is Caldwell, jump to the planet,” Caldwell said.

The massive wraith fleet armed with hives their new battleships and cruisers was ploughing through the defending wraith fleet. Hive after hive was destroyed by the massive amounts of wraith plasma fire. Then The Coalition fleet dropped out behind the alliance fleet.

The superhive opened fire almost immediately sending a wave of blue plasma cannon fire through the middle of the alliance destroying 5 hives. 20 battleships, 6 hives and, 40 cruisers turned to confront the Coalition fleet.

“Open fire, target there engines and shields, take us through the middle of the fleet,” Caldwell ordered.

The 4 304’s moved towards the wraith fleet opening up with their plasma beam cannons several of the wraith battle ships picked up on them and began to give chase. The Tau’ri ships swooped an glided through the first fleet and into the second much largr group destroying hive after hive.

“Sir, each one of the 304’s has a wraith battleship in their tail, I cant out manoeuvre it and its draining our shields with it’s plasma cannon fire,” Marks reported.
    “Ry’ak this is colonel Caldwell we need you’re help immediately, we’re being tailed by wraith battleships and my shields are at 40%,” Caldwell said over the radio.
    “Yes sir,” Ry’ak’s voice said.

By this time the full wraith fleet was helping 24 hives, 23 Battleships and several cruisers. The Ha’tak moved in to help the 304’s within seconds of fire they were destroyed. The coalition ships moved out from inside the cluster of wraith ships and back to a defensive spot behined todd’s hives.

Now that he was clear to push he did all 3 of his hives took a few seconds to charge weapons and then a huge swarm of plasma cannon fire was unleashed which tore through the wraith fleet destroying 10 hives and almost all of the battleships.

“Sir the remaining hives are regrouping,” Marks reported. “There entering hyperspace.

With no time to react the coalition fleet sat and watched as the wraith fleet they thought they were going to destroy escaped in front of them.

Sheppard and Caldwell are sitting in the control room.
    “So how did It go colonel?” Sheppard asked.
    “Not to well 10 of their hives escaped and 5 of the Jaffa’s ha’tak were destroyed,” Caldwell replied.
    Sheppard pointed to a screen that showed the wraith main base.
    “You’re kidding me,” Caldwell said.
    The screen showed 20 hives floating in orbit.
    “There should only be 10,” Caldwell said confused.
    “I think this is how the wraith defeated the ancients,” Sheppard said glumly.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

mmm..

i was thinking. we have two galaxies that are essentially timebombs if we do nothing. remember how easily the goauld kept control and how easily the ori took over? everytime we defeat an enemy a powervacuum is created. now we can use our millitary force but i think noone in the galaxy is waiting for us to become power surpreme.

instead we should remove the one thing that makes everyone follow these religious movements. undereducation. tealc thought the goauld used magic. we should educate the jaffa in basic science and knowledge, comparable to how you are teached till you're 18. so primary school and such. jaffa arent stupid. ry'ac, who has the privilege of being teached by bra'tak (someone who knows tauri stuff aswell), can use jaffa and human knowledge to his benefit. tactics, and stuff. jaffa, by now, must know that traditional ways are retarded. in RL we are more and more casualty-reducing. warfare becomes shorter.

i think jaffa, when educated can prove much more valuable allies. because once we've teached them, they owe us one or two. they have manpower. earth isnt gonna change in 1 day, not even in 1 year or 1 decade. well, things will go better but earth wont become an intergalactic superpower in a few days. or years. infact, in 10 years we became a Great Race, but i think thats ridiculous. because in no way do we have the power to be one. we have the core. we can draw tech from it, but its useless if we dont understand the science and we will become like the jaffa if we only draw tech from it.

jaffa as i said have numbers, they have advanced weapons but they dont have the basics. so i think if we teach them some stuff they become more accepting towards us aswell. cause we're not telling them how to live, but rather true things, a kind of enlightenment of its own.

im still not happy about todd getting NIG's. i mean, hes nice and all but with that superhive he can turn on us any moment. infact, i'd say we have given his ZPM's back which would allow him to make 2 superhives(but he wont as someone again can turn on him, and he would rather expand his powerbase by expanding his faction and fleet using the second ZPM).
      todd could instead be smart, ripp out the crap in his hives and instead give it better powergeneration. or more powergeneration.

now this superalliance, i still dont get how a war-torn race in civil war can suddenly get such an alliance of its feet. not even when forcefully made(which would mean there are dozens of hives destroyed in the process of making), would a queen get such an alliance, infact there isnt even enough FOOD to sustain it.

now i was thinking. todd could easily use our treatment and use it to his advantage, so he doesnt depend on humans. keller could add goauld genes to the mix responsible for their increased healing and use it to negate the loss of wraith strenght.

i think annother group of wraith could simply use a type of carbon nanite to artificially age people. make it replicate itself in sufficient quantities and spread to babies. it ages someone untill he is 18. then the nanites stimulate reproduction. this way, if we use the goauld ones as an example, a baby will become mature in about 18 days. population would expand massively. not just plant a few people in 1 village, but rather plant them all over the planet. wraith then can easily feed on them. the nanites dissasemble in a wraith body. so a single wraith faction could spread humans on a few planets and get all the food they want.

Comment

the small ark im writing should give a reason as to why they aren't dying of hunger...

It's not finished yet but i've got some of it done. one of todd's planet-side bases are about to be... attacked...
        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
        sigpic

Comment

I might be wrong but i got the impression Todd was killed in the last episode or season.

Comment

no they let him go, but sheppard gave him a huge warning of 'next time, you die'

i think that happened, i might be wrong though.
            sigpic

Comment

There are a few problems with what you are saying killman, if the wraith were doing the nanite growing then they could easily have the numbers they do. Anyway the wraith war isnt going to last long mabee only 2 years or something then they will be destroyed. I'm not sure how but a battle for earth sound very nice to me.

On the schooling I'm already way ahead of you man I've got everything the way it should be. People from places all around the galaxy who would liek their people to learn would be entered into a lottery. The winners would be schooled from 5 to 16 with a choice of an extra 2 years then they would go forward and pass on their knowlege to their people and mostly children by schooling. Although an even quiker way to teach these teachers would be that memory device then the teachers can go on and teach their people.

Todd is already using kellers treatment as it said in the history although i like the bit about the goauld dna it's a very nice twist. I have an idea for a small future enemy that comes from a minor goaulds experimentation with wraith after he gets access to pegasus but they will only last a few months.

Comment

i think the lottery is a bad idea and instead a basic education is better. actually,why not merge: basic education is give to alot of races. for the more advanced physics, medic tech and such, people simply need to get a visum for earth and get a job, a home etc here. i was thinking of having alteast a few jaffa mentors get to earth and have them learn our ways so they can better teach young jaffa. most humans on earth(well, the ones who went to school till 18) know basic stuff what any other below-us (techwise) race sees as magic. jaffa saw alot of stuff as magic. most earthlings know matter<molecules<atoms,( and for the better educated )<neutrons/protons/electrons< (even better educated)<quarks.
                fire, most know, is an exothermal reaction caused by a combo of air, fuel and base heat for ignition. we know stuff like catapults, but with some basic household materials we can even make gunpowder.

point is, we know alot though we dont always notice. most average alien farmers have no clue of such stuff and mostly they dont have irrigation. its all a pool of baseknowledge that we take for granted yet these guys dont have it.

annother thing i was thinking about: jaffa urbanisation. i mean, jaffa can choose: live out a rural life and do nothing, or live in the city where they can get a better job, better food, healthcare, etc. jaffa are born warriors and that would be the reason why they help us in Pegasus. but Dboy, a jaffa shipyard there doesnt make ANY sense. not even a colony. better is a millitary base, combined with a few drydocks for repairs and maintenance.

and who do you think has the knowledge of these nanites: yes, keepers. and where are those keepers? god knows where. we do know the keepers are responisble for the wraith fleet upkeep. so i was thinking of a wraith faction finding the queens and the queens take over that faction and restore the wraith to former glory(or well, that faction). so these wraith put up a good fight(todd's superhive can clean pegasus of wraith in a few months if they continue to act like this).

annother thing: how do we organise the jaffa? I was personally thinking of factions based upon culture.

-Chinese culture
                -Japanese culture
                -Roman Culture
                -Greek Culture
                -Egyptian culture

(these 5 are the 5 most seen.)

Comment

killman: can a rouge group of pegasgard join earth and in return we let them use the core, while they help us with technology and stuff, it'd be a good way to start open warfare with the pegasgard. just throwing ideas is fun (JTI)
                  Last edited by Experiment 442; 25 March 2009, 08:09 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

i dont think there would be rogues. i mean, rogues within rogues. its confusing

and i think we should forbid direct tech downloading from the core. i mean, it only gives us tech. instead we should draw knowledge in small volumes. after all: earth is already far behind the millitary in tech, there's no way we can be asgard level while the rest is just used to the concept of alien life on a stargate scale

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      jaffa saw alot of stuff as magic. most earthlings know matter<molecules<atoms,( and for the better educated )<neutrons/protons/electrons< (even better educated)<quarks.
                      fire, most know, is an exothermal reaction caused by a combo of air, fuel and base heat for ignition. we know stuff like catapults, but with some basic household materials we can even make gunpowder.
                      The irony is, that education or not, many people (in developed countries too) still believe in some sort of god and miracles (both in sg and rl). What do you think would happen if a dude with nothing but a robe and a staff would come out of a "puddle of standing water" and start raising the dead and curing the ill witth nothing but a wave of his hand? it would be like the second comming on jesus and seemingly inteligent people would act exactly like the jaffa or primitive human societies.

That said, after two times, i doubt the jafa would believe in/bow to any religion at this point, and education is neccesery anyway to make the jaffa a competent faction and not just a roadbump for whoever.
                      I was even thinking that in time, the jaffa, beeing agressive and untrusting as they are, would start a war themselves, in attemt to "take what is theirs" and conquer MW, after which, a small faction of sodans and tealc/ryac fallowers would make a "good" jaffa faction.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

the jaffa have killed enough of their own.

look in RL people atleast arent convinced by some stuff we call tech. Goauld for one. ori had tech too, in this case biotech for Priors. if people know it isnt magical then they wont just join a cause meant to kill all. not that they shouldnt chase religion at all.

Comment

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Tech or not, people believe in all manner of nonsense, despite science pretty much proving them wrong. Its just the nature of people, they will believe something they want to be true or something they fear might be true.

And about the jaffa, i didnt mean them fighting each other, i meant uniting against the rest of the galaxy, and only after their defeat, the sodan faction would be left/emerge.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

i think thats totally out of jaffa character.

look Dboy could you please pass my idea of race bibles so we dont get all kinds of strange stories? like genii with 304s?

Comment

fire away, suits me an the jaffa are staying they are probably the best allies we have.

Comment

I like the idea of rouge Peguses Asgard. It means they wont be to uber powerful in grond battles because we can find a way to figh them.
                                Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Working...
                                X