No announcement yet.

Virtual fleet 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed when you listed the ships you didn't put the Sun Tzu.

Comment

im in

Comment

two questions.... when/how do we go about sorting out what the ships look like.....And will each country use the same design for a ship type (EG the British/EU/USA Frigate) or wil each country have a different design for a ship class?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Each country will use the same class and they will all be voted in at a different stage in the fleet I'm currently working on the opening ark which should move us forward to the point where we can vote for the first ship class which i think is going to be frigate.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

The Wraith War
            The First Alliances
            21st April 2010

Act 1
            Spoiler:
            A massive medusa which was a hyperspace window appeared in above the new main base of operations in Pegasus, Atlantica named after fords idea for a name of the original Atlantis planet. 3 Daedalus class dropped out, the Daedalus, General Hammond and Churchill. Todd’s hive was already in orbit waiting for the 3 ships.
            Colonel Sheppard was in the control room of the underground main facility on the planet.
            “Colonel Sheppard this is Colonel Caldwell requesting permission to beam down,” Caldwell asked.
            “Beam away colonel,” Sheppard ordered.
            Colonels Caldwell, Carter and Andrews appeared in the front of the small room. They looked around for a few seconds then focussed on colonel Sheppard who was already waiting for them.
            “Todd’s through here waiting,” Sheppard said pointing through into a corridor.
            The 3 colonels walked forward into the corridor followed by Sheppard. They eventually came to a steel door on their left hand side.
            “You know this is like a mini SGC,” Carter said with a tiny laugh.
            The 4 sat down around the large rectangular table in the centre of the room, colonel Sheppard handed out a booklet to the 3 who had just joined.
            “So how are we going to go about this then?” Caldwell asked.
            “The Wraith have learned that Atlantis is no longer in this Galaxy, what they are unaware of is the fact that the Tau’ri are still working in this Galaxy,” Todd said.
            “So we’re at a slight advantage,” Carter said jumping in.
            “Yes and I have just learned that there is going to be a meet between the 2 largest alliances in the Galaxy,” Todd said.
            “How many ships?” Caldwell asked.
            “The 2 queens hives and another 6,” Todd replied.
            “So it should be quite easy then,” Andrews stuck in.
            “Not all that easy, each alliance is going to have at least 20 cruisers each waiting,” Todd replied.
            “Ahh,” Andrews said.
            The faces in the room dropped while colonel Sheppard kept on smiling.
            “We have the battle planned out and we should be able to deal with this,” Sheppard said.
            The colonels faces brightened up and they all smiled.
            “If we manage the kill these 2 queens we will be able to throw the rest of the Wraith into disarray,” Todd said.
            “Let’s do it then,” Carter replied.

Act 2
            Spoiler:
            The Daedalus, General Hammond and the Churchill cruised through hyperspace at full speed. This was gong to be Andrews first ship battle, which made it even more of a mystery what the outcome was going to be.
            “Colonel Andrews, sir, we’re approaching co-ordinates,” Major Smith informed them.
            “Drop us out,” Andrews ordered.
            “Aye sir,” Major Smith replied.
            The massive medusa opened up and sat out the 3 ship into a massive open patch, the 3 ships flew in a V formation with the Daedalus at the front.
            “Major Lorne you are go for launch proceed to coordinates,” Caldwell ordered pressing the comm button on the left hand side of his chair.
            Major Lorne flew jumper 3 out of the Daedalus left hanger bay flying It on for a few miles then cloaking it.
            After a minute or so of looking out of the bridge viewport Caldwell came back to his chair. He got himself comfy turned around to Major marks and nodded.
            “What have you got Lorne,” Caldwell asked pressing the comm button once again.
            “Looks like Todd was telling the truth, 8 hives,” Lorne replied.
            “Any signs of activity?” Caldwell replied.
            “Negative, there just sitting there facing each other,” Lorne said.
            “Sir I’m picking up a hyperspace window,” Marks said.
            Todd and his other 2 hives dropped out of hyperspace to meet the 3 daedalus class ships completely dwarfing the 3 of them. The closed up behind the 304 and stopped.
            “Are you ready to go,” Caldwell asked.
            “Yes, as are my 2 hives,” Todd replied.
            The six ship soared into hyperspace joining the same window.

Act 3
            Spoiler:

The 3 304’s dropped out of hyperspace first. They cruised for a few seconds before there plasma beam weapons sprung into life. The daedal us opened up firing 3 beams at 1 of the main hives leading to the ship being destroyed. The other 2 304’s opened fire spreading there fire between the group. Then the hives returned fire, shooting well aimed blue pulses at the ships impacting their shields.
            “Sir I’m picking up 3 hives coming from hyperspace it’s Todd,” Marks said.
            The 3 hives dropped out of hyperspace opening fire on the now 7 alliance hives almost immediately. The second main hive was taking hits all over its hull from Todd’s hive, with a last plasma beam from the Churchill the ship was engulfed in flames.
            “Concentrate on one ship at a time,” Caldwell said.
            “Yes, sir,” Marks replied.
            The Daedalus passed round the 6 hives again opening fire on the most heavily damaged destroying. The Wraith were down on numbers and had lost their only advantage they 3ere down 6 to 5 and Todd had just destroyed another 1 of the hives leaving it 6 to 4.
            “Sir there doing something, there changing formation,” Marks said,
            “Even better more grouped up easier to get them,” Caldwell said.
            The 3 Daedalus class stopped and went back into formation with the hives all opening fire at once. Plasma beams and pulses impacting the 4 ships destroying them in seconds.
            “What about the cruisers,” Carter said.
            “I don’t know they should have been here the second we dropped out of hyperspace,” Todd said.
            “Well lets get out of here before they do,” Caldwell said.
            The ships grouped into their formations and separately jumped into there own separate hyperspace windows.

Next few parts coming soon.
            Last edited by dboy-2007; 04 February 2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Sounds good.....

Comment

It's realy sounds good!
                sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Right, Dr Lee you'll like this bit, the voting for Frigate will open on the 14th of February you have until then to design a ship.

What you will need in the specification is powerplant weapons, defences, other bits and bobs hull type and ship size. A model is not needed and if you look around the OSDT you might be able to find a model that someone would let you use, if anyone is unclear i will post the layout for the specs.

PS: can anyone who will be taking part in the fleet tell me just so I know roughly how many people we have so far.

For anyone! do not be scared to join in it is easy no registration needed just input you're ideas

Comment

Just throwing this out there but to make things a little less confusing why dont we at some point join the nations together in to a unified Earth goverment. I dont mean right now i mean after the Wraith War maybe have events on earth force the governments to unit just to hold civilization together.
                    Last edited by FN-P90; 04 February 2009, 03:46 PM.
                    Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

maybe have it unified, but still with country factions?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                        maybe have it unified, but still with country factions?
                        Maybe. but what im thinking of is that the earth government has complete control over the stargate and space forces while each country contributes 1/4th to a half of its total military power to the earth militray and the rest i used as a national gaurd or something.
                        Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Yeah they deffo will get united I think that might be after the Wraith attack earth.

Comment

The Wraith War
                            The First Alliances
                            21st April 2010

Act 4
                            Spoiler:
                            The 3 Tau’ri battle cruisers are floating harmlessly through hyperspace.
                            “Colonel Andrews sir, I’m getting incredibly strange reading from the hyper drive,” Major Smith said with a slight worry in his voice.
                            “Is it anything to worry about?” Andrews replied.
                            “I’m not sure I need to run a few tests,” Major Smith replied.
                            Colonel Andrews stroked his chin for a few seconds then turn around.
                            “Contact the other 2 ships drop us out of hyperspace,” Andrews ordered.
                            “Yes sir,” Smith replied.
                            The Churchill cruiser out of hyperspace into a massive patch of empty space. You could see small amounts of dame on the hull from that last battle but it wasn’t much.
                            “How long will this take?” Andrews asked.
                            “’Bout half an hour,” Major Smith replied.
                            The chances were it was just struggling to cope with the strain as to it being a brand new ship in all just having travelled to Pegasus. But if no there was enough pull between the Daedalus and the General Hammond to get her back to base.
                            The rest of the fleet dropped out of hyperspace to join them, Todd and the 2 other Tau’ri battlecruisers.
                            “That’s it sir looks like we’re.. wait I’m picking up 20 cruisers dropping out of hyperspace, there opening fire,” Smith said franticly.
                            “Shields up return fire when possible,” Andrews ordered.
                            The energy bolts from the wraith ships slowly headed towards the Alliance ships until they reached them bombarding the shields. The Churchill was the first to return fire getting a lucky hit against one of the cruisers destroying it with only 1 beam pulse. Then the cruisers built up speed all of a sudden heading straight for the alliance ships.
                            “Everyone jump to hyperspace now they are kamikazes, I cant explain now but they will destroy you’re ship,” Todd said.
                            Caldwell looked puzzled out of the viewport then turned to face Marks.
                            “Do it!” Caldwell said.
                            The Tau’ri and Todd’s fleet all headed towards the wraith fleet but just before they met they engaged there hyperdrive.
                            A half later the 6 ships dropped out of hyperspace above Atlantica.
                            “What the hell happened there,” Caldwell said over the radio sounding angry.
                            “They were kamikaze cruisers loaded with nuclear warheads that were set to go off when they impacted the ship,” Todd said.
                            “Never heard of that one before,” Caldwell replied.
                            “They entirely new type of wraith drone whose only purpose is to destroy the enemy, even if that means them dying,” Todd said.
                            “I see,” Caldwell replied.

Aftermath
                            Spoiler:
                            Although there first battle was a complete success we now had a new wraith tactic to deal with. It was clear that the Daedalus classes did well in the battle but it was also clear that we need a smaller ship to weave in and out of there Kamikaze wraith cruisers.

Comment

Great story, i think it's about 10 members that have join in this far.
                              sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

My Frigate Design so far

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X