Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've got a Season 9, now it's time for Jonas!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather have Col. Dixon(Adam Baldwin) then Jonas in S9.

Comment

Originally posted by spacemonkey69
      well, there isnt any point working it in, because when they finished filming moebius, she wasnt really showing, and by the time they start filming, she would have had it, so there isnt any point! YAY SEASON 9! IM SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY! IN YOUR FACE X FILES! HEHE... i love x files
      *laughs* I found myself saying the same thing bout X-files earlier I love X-Files, I'm so happy my two favourite shoes are at a tie!!! HEHE!!

Comment

I think Jonas coming back is as likely as me winning the lottery.

They've had plenty of opportunity to continue his story and they've dropped it. MG said that we're not seeing Jonas again. It sounded pretty final to me.

I liked Jonas okay and thought it made a lot of sense to keep the character and his story alive and use him as a recurring character in S7 and S8. Could have certainly helped with the lack o'Jack.

But now? I don't know, I'm sort of watching the Monday night S6 strips and Jonas is still nice, still kind of cute, but I'm not pining away to see him again. I'm probably more interested in seeing Col. Dixon back.
        Last edited by keshou; 16 November 2004, 04:50 AM.
        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I think they started some fantastic hints with jonas and his kind and the idea that they are special or more evolved than humans. it was a thread that had great promise.

then again, having sarah gardner on earth with a year's worth of goauld memories had great promise too and that's been dropped faster than a hot rock.

Fans of jonas (of which i am one) may as well get used to the fact that TPTB seem determined to do all they can to erase the character from existence and they really don't seem to care that Jonas was liked.

Which is massively too bad seeing as Jonas is part of the reason that s7, 8 and 9 exist. I think his presence could have done wonders in helping to cover for RDA's slimmed down schedule.

but, cest le vie

I don't know if i dare hope that they think about adding col dixon to the show. Again, SG-13 would be a wonderful opportunity to ease the strain on all the remaining actors....but for some reason known only to them, tptb don't seem to want to take that road
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I liked him, but think Daniel and him may be a little much, if RDA isn't going to be around much we need a good replacement for him. Teal'c and Jack are my favorite characters, but I like em all.

I will watch whatever they do though, even if it goes down hill some, its better than a lot of the other stuff out there.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
              I'd rather have Col. Dixon(Adam Baldwin)
              I'd love to have him back, but the chances of him being anything more than a one-off - if that - in s9 is pretty much nil. He's signed up for at least two more Firefly films.

But hey, silver lining - He's signed up for at least two more Firefly films!

Madeleine

Comment

I've never heard of any animosity between TPTB and CN. All that I've ever heard was that they couldn't have both Jonus and Daniel on team because they couldn't afford to pay for five core characters. But who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Jonus being ruled out is a shame though. I'd have much preferred S6 with Daniel rather than Jonus, but I never hated Jonus or disliked him. Rather enjoyed watching him at times. And if RDA isn't going to feature much in S9 bringing back Jonus would be a good plan, I think, to offset that. A character already known to the fans, who has some history with the team and the SGC.

It would certainly help offset the appalling trend TPTB seem to have had in recent years to think "Hey, it's our last season - let's kill off a whole bunch of major or recurring characters! Oh. Oooops. Not our last season? Dang!" Which has really irked me and led to the detriment of the show imo, by seriously shrinking the amount of characters you have to play with plotwise. And there are signs it might get even worse for S9, although I hope not.

Oh, and for the record, you can neg me all you want, I'll keep speaking my mind when and where I feel like it. Even if that means- *gasp!*- complaining about something!!

Jonas isn't coming back. Ever. It's that simple. MG said so, himself, and he'd be in a position to know, wouldn't he? Why speculate over something that won't happen? Why stir up false hope when it will only hurt all the more when it doesn't happen?

Like aschen said, you got your season 9, you should be happy with that. Be happy with whatever you get instead of saying, "Well, now we want this, this, this and this." Wait and see. Isn't that what everyone's saying? Wait and see.
                I'm sorry, but I couldn't pass this by. I can't help but find it somewhat amusing, ShadowMaat, and didn't miss the irony, of you vigorously defending your right to speak your mind and voice your opinion (yay to that, you go, girl) while spending the rest of your post trying to deny others the same right and suggesting they shut up. Forums are made for speculation and opinion. Of all shades. If everyone here heeded your advice and did neither, we'd be the poorer for it and GW would be a much duller place to visit.

Albion
                Last edited by Albion; 16 November 2004, 07:10 AM.
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                  I'd love to have him back, but the chances of him being anything more than a one-off - if that - in s9 is pretty much nil. He's signed up for at least two more Firefly films.

But hey, silver lining - He's signed up for at least two more Firefly films!
                  Yes but Joss first has to write the movies, get actors and all the other boring stuff, and that takes around a year or so, and by then SG1 S9 is done filming.

And I thought they all signed up for another(One, not two) FireFly-project. Spin-off, Season 2 or a movie. But I may be wrong.

Comment

The first spinoff movie from Firefly is in post-production, and all nine actors are signed up to two more. If the first one tanks then the other two won't be made, but if they all do respectably enough there could well be more.

Madeleine

Comment

I wouldn't exactly call Serenity a spin-off, since it's the same characters and everything

Comment

I really think that the opening is perfect for Jonas' return, of course there needs to be a little more differentiation between him and Daniel, but I think it would be great to have him back!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
                          I really think that the opening is perfect for Jonas' return, of course there needs to be a little more differentiation between him and Daniel, but I think it would be great to have him back!
                          Seconded.
                          And I wonder what would happen if you put him and Bra'tac together.
                          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                            They should bring back Jonas rather than a new character.
                            Terry Farrell(Dax) left Deep Space Nine a year before it finished and they introduced a new character to replace her(can'tremember her name).
                            The new character failed and just got in the way of the story and we had pointless eps trying to introduce her to a well established set of characters.
                            Ezri.
                            Cute and spunky but, yes, setting her up for just the last season was a waste of storytelling time and energy.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm sick of this "they want to forget Season 6" crap. Because that's what it is, utter crap.

SPOILERS Season 6, and some stuff after that too.

Spoiler:
                              The X-302, Aiyanna, Steveston, Jack's torture, Felger, Her'ak, Egeria, Tretonin, Prometheus, Julia Donovan, the Replicators, the Sight Unseen device, Kinsey's campaign, Maybourne, the Hebridians, the symbiote loss, stranded Prometheus, Anubis' weapon and Daniel's ascension never came up again after Season 6, did they?

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                                I'm sick of this "they want to forget Season 6" crap. Because that's what it is, utter crap.
                                Totally agree. The only thing they want to forget is Jonas, apparently.
                                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X