Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've got a Season 9, now it's time for Jonas!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c
    OK, they're in cast negotiations. If we scream hard enough they might sign Corin Nemec back up

Clearly with RDA's reduced time and the fact that AT will be limited at the start due to her new born (touch wood) Jonas would fit in nicely. The start of Season 9, if 8 doesn't end on a cliffhanger, could have some good Jonas/Daniel/Teal'c stuff going. The three amigos!

Who's with me!?
    Me!

I'd love to think they'd bring him back, but I can't see it happening. Unfortunately. I don't know what it is TPTB have against Jonas and/or Corin, but they do seem to have completely forgotten he ever existed.

Comment

I have this thing, it's called "self control." It's really quite impressive. Sure, I might drink a bit and stumble through it....only time can tell.

It better be than that plant thing.

Comment

I really don't think that Jonas will be brought back. Possibly as a guest appearance, but nothing more. I wasn't to keen on Jonas anyway. Don't get me wrong, I still liked him! just not as much as I like some of the other characters

Comment

I dont think he will be brought back but it would be cool! They need some new people to mix things up.

Speaking of AT. I dont understand how they cant work her pregnancy in. She is getting married on the show.
          "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
            Not a spacific ending, but the whole last season went down hill, and rewind the whole show.
            well I hope that they will make just one last great season of it.TPTB have new writters so perhaps they come up with new idea's.Ofcourse they will come up with new idea's I hope the really end of Stargate should be a movie that is in line with the 9th season.Or perhaps a 90 min episode like Threads.What do you guys think about it?
            Lord Zedd

Comment

Oh, and for the record, you can neg me all you want, I'll keep speaking my mind when and where I feel like it. Even if that means- *gasp!*- complaining about something!!

Jonas isn't coming back. Ever. It's that simple. MG said so, himself, and he'd be in a position to know, wouldn't he? Why speculate over something that won't happen? Why stir up false hope when it will only hurt all the more when it doesn't happen?

Like aschen said, you got your season 9, you should be happy with that. Be happy with whatever you get instead of saying, "Well, now we want this, this, this and this." Wait and see. Isn't that what everyone's saying? Wait and see.

TPTB are going to do what THEY want to do and frell whatever the fans want. So sit back and enjoy the show... whatever it's gonna be.

Comment

They should bring back Jonas rather than a new character.
                Terry Farrell(Dax) left Deep Space Nine a year before it finished and they introduced a new character to replace her(can'tremember her name).
                The new character failed and just got in the way of the story and we had pointless eps trying to introduce her to a well established set of characters.
                Jonas, being a familiar face, won't present such problems.
                If TPTB don't want him, I assume it has to do something with a personal problem with the actor himself rather than the character?
                In one director commentary, I think Marin Wood? said he'd film Corin last because he could never get it right first up-alluding that AT was always spot on first take.

Comment

*grumbles* Yes... there's a season 9... it better be a good season 9. However, Jonas would make it an awesome season 9. He would renew the show, but keep some of the old there. But will he come back? Noooo... cause people can be just plain dumb sometimes...
                  Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                  RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Having Jonas on the show is possibly the *only* thing that could get me to watch S9 if RDA isn't on for more than five episodes, as is rumored. And even then, a lot of the fun-ness of Jonas' interaction with Jack will be gone, and I'd miss it immensely.

Still, I doubt TPTB will do it. They're not *that* smart. Besides, they insulted him so badly by dumping him unceremoniously that, if I were Corin, I'd tell them to shove it. <g>
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I would love it if Jonas was brought back but
                      it seems tptb are very much against him which
                      is a shame really as Jonas brought a freshness
                      to the show and really very funny moments with
                      Daniel,Teal'c and some great teasing from Sam
                      ......TARA......

Comment

I think it would be great to see Corin/Jonas come back to the show and my hopes will have life until the end of season nine and I don't see him.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm SOO happy there's a season 9!!! And I would LOVE Jonas to come back!!!

But to all of u who keep saying "i'm not gonna watch season 9!"

Well...i distinctly remember people saying "im not gonna watch season 8!" who are now watching season 8 & enjoying it!!

I also remember another show called X-files, where I HATED season 8 and said "i'm never gonna watch season 9"
                          Come season 9 I stayed up past midnight every friday night to watch the eps because I absolutely LOVED it!!

Shows can redeem themselves...if people give them a chance!!! Not that Stargate needs that yet!!!

Comment

Of course Jonas would give the show a significant boost. It'd be another character to tell stories about, and would make RDA's near-complete absence less obvious.

But they already said he's not coming back. Why? Who knows. Probably has something to do with their continued attemtps to forget that Season 6 ever happened.

BYE
                            "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                              But they already said he's not coming back. Why? Who knows. Probably has something to do with their continued attemtps to forget that Season 6 ever happened.

BYE
                              But they're not. Forgetting that Season 6 ever happened, that is. I'm finally watching Season 6 now, as it's going through it's first run on SciFi. I'm liking it okay, I suppose, but the best thing for me is that it's filling in a lot of holes. As someone who started watching in Season 7 there have been quite a few references to things that happened in Season 6 that I didn't quite get. So I disagree that they're forgetting that Season 6 ever happened.

As for Jonas in particular? No, they haven't mentioned him. Then again, they haven't mentioned most characters who have left, one in particular who is a huge favorite. I don't think it's a huge conspiracy to forget the character. I just think they're taking the show in a different direction, one that fans of Jonas aren't wild about.

As far as Jonas coming back in season 9, I'm pretty neutral about him. Don't particularly love the character, don't really dislike him either. Kind of indifferent, so it doesn't bother me either way whether he comes back or not. If they could find a believable way to work him into the storyline, I'd be cool with that. And the Jonas fans would be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                                I dont think he will be brought back but it would be cool! They need some new people to mix things up.

Speaking of AT. I dont understand how they cant work her pregnancy in. She is getting married on the show.
                                well, there isnt any point working it in, because when they finished filming moebius, she wasnt really showing, and by the time they start filming, she would have had it, so there isnt any point! YAY SEASON 9! IM SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY! IN YOUR FACE X FILES! HEHE... i love x files
                                Teal'c: Chelnak!
                                Daniel: Direct translation: Very cool!

Teal'c: A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Jack O'Neill: "Au revoir"... it's French for "ciao"

Daniel Jackson: Can we stop agreeing on how we're gonna die, and start doing something about it?

Comment

Working...
                                X