This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateGipsy
    What was your favourite Season 6 episode, and why?
    Changeling. No contest. Soo-bloomin'-perb.

I can't put Abyss, much as I would like to because although I think the scenes between Jack and Daniel are some of the best that have ever been done in the entire history of the show, there was just too much else wrong with that story for me to give it unqualified approval.

For a start, it was where my problems with the whole ascended arc storyline started, and I started to see that my view of what ascension was was not the storyteller's view, and that there would be trouble further down the line, and I think I've been vindicated in that view by events in Full Circle. For me, Daniel acted totally out of character. Granted, if he hadn't, there would have been no story, because he would have found a way to get Jack out of there.... but maybe that would have been a better story in the end. Watching Daniel struggle with, not rules and regulations of some uber-glow club, but how much intervention was allowable from the point of view of someone who has acquired beyond-human perspectives and sees more clearly how actions can have consequences that can't always be predicted. There were so many avenues and possibilities to the ascension storyline that weren't explored, and they were mostly not explored because this episode locked the relationship between humans and ascended down so tight that there was no wiggle room afterward.

I also thought that although Baal was menacing, his line of questioning was pretty pointless. It seemed to me a rather poor script-excuse to get the Jack torture that was needed for the continuation of the story rather than a motivation internal to the plot which naturally carried the story forward.

So on balance, Changeling, which was a tightly scripted, well flowing story which made good use of all of the characters, and kept me guessing for longer than stargate scripts normally manage, has it for me.

Comment

I loved that aspect of Changeling - the part that kept you guessing. Which is real, the SGC or the fire brigadge scenario? Except that we assume the SGC is real because that's what we know - and then are assumptions are promptly trampled all over and ground into the dust. Good stuff.
      sigpic

Comment

Abyss is my favourite because it's well directed and very well acted.

Simple really!
        'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

Unnatural Selection.. Managing to create an newer more advanced Replicator threat and locking them off (at least for a while) in one show? Almost unbelievable...
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

It's between Descent, The Other Guys and Unnatural Selection - and that's as far as I can go.

Descent: The new SG1 gels smoothly

The Other Guys: Funniest ep for ages

Unnatural Selection: Very cool bad guys.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

It's hard to say....not because I love them all, but because I only really got into SG-1 during Season 6, so I've only seen most of them once....which brings me to why I'm posting at all:

Has anyone noticed that SciFi doesn't seem to be running any Season 6 re-runs? It's driving me nuts! I've seen just about every other one at least 3 times...

I know that a lot of people seem to have a problem with Jonas, but that shouldn't be cause for an entire season 6 blackout.

Anyone know what's up?

Comment

Full Circle, very interesting episodes, some unexpected events (for me anyway) and Daniel Jackson in mystical hood

Allegiance was also a favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranbot
                  I know that a lot of people seem to have a problem with Jonas, but that shouldn't be cause for an entire season 6 blackout.

Anyone know what's up?
                  IIRC they are not allowed to play s6 while it is in 1st run syndication. So now that they're done on Fox I would guess that we'll be seeing Scifi re-playing those episodes.
                  ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                    What was your favourite Season 6 episode, and why?
                    I voted CHANGELING. I loved the interaction between the charactors. Also I loved the story.CJ should write more storys on that level. It was great seeing CJ not being Teal'c for most of a ep. (even though I like Teal'c).

If I could vote twice I would have gone for ABYSS as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)

If I could vote twice I would have gone for ABYSS as well.
                      Me too.

Or perhaps I'd vote for Changeling twice.

Madeleine

Comment

I have 2 faves:

The Other Guys
                        Changeling
                        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                        it has it's own laws and beats about things
                        which the intellect scorns."
                        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Abyss It shows the realtionship between Daniel and Jack so well. It also showed how close the team, and General Hammond are to each other.
                          ABYDOSCITY2

Comment

My personal favourite was/is "Nightwalkers"

I loved most of Season 6,but I liked this episode the most, as it featured Sam in charge. I enjoyed the team banter and Teal'c/Jonas interaction.

OK,I suppose this episode can be viewed as an X-Files homage or rip-off,depending on one's POV,but sometimes it's nice to just sit back,relax, suspend cynicism and simply enjoy the fun!
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Favourite season 6 ep for me has to be DISCLOSURE, Thor is a hero,put Kinsey right in his place,hope we see the backlash for Kinsey after his last outburst in LOSTCITY,its a must they have to bring it up.
                              "Silence"Kneel before your God
                              Apophis is the english Translation for "APEPI" Serpent god of the night

Comment

Unnatural Selection for me. I thought it was pretty emotional one, considering they betrayed the trust of the poor guy. Tough call for O'neil, and I really love it when they get all moral on you in an episode.

Phil
                                Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
                                Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Working...
                                X