This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apophis
    I really can't imagine any of the Goa'uld in series 8 living up to the threats Apophis and Anubis presented. With earths new ability to defend itself they cannot realisticly attack us. Also, there just hasn't been the time to build up the characters. In my opinion Anubis was killed off far too quickly and could have offered a strong nemesis for SG-1 in series 8. Heres only hoping he can do an Apophis.
    Oh, I don't know. they've been building Baal up for the past three seasons, I believe. I can see him being a big threat this season.

The Man

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Naitch
      Oh, I don't know. they've been building Baal up for the past three seasons, I believe. I can see him being a big threat this season.

especially since he has absorbed Anubis's drone warriors and other troops

Comment

yeah but if we get that weapon up and running baal wont be any threat at all since no gould can defend against it

which opens alot more storys for sg1 to do since they dont have to worry about there homeworld being destroyed

Comment

Yah.
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Baal is way scarier than Anubis. He may be the last really good (bad) goa'uld they have.
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Baal is much cooler than Anubis. Although I think Anubis looked "badass" and whatnot, he really struck me as a stereotypical Sith from Star Wars. I kept wanting to shout "Don't do it Darth Maul!" but alas, that wouldn't have worked. I hope Baal plays a huge part in Season Eight, and also that the idea of some of the System Lords coming together with the SGC is true. We've knocked the Goa'uld down a few notches and it's about time we fight a battle against Baal.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

And after they defeat Ba'al, a new guy steps into his place and after that...
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                  And after they defeat Ba'al, a new guy steps into his place and after that...
                  Well of course. It's tradition!
                  If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

im guessin they dont get that weapon workin again, because then it would be way too easy

Comment

Well ... if they do not get the "weapon" working in some way it does not make a lot of sense to me as it seems the ancients were able to power the DHD's with a power supply able to open thousands/millions of wormholes over millions of years it would seem unlikely the power cell used by Jack would be one time only or that any advanced culture would develop weapons that were so energy intensive. Of course all of this is just quesswork until the premier

Comment

Originally posted by tfalls1
                        Well ... if they do not get the "weapon" working in some way it does not make a lot of sense to me as it seems the ancients were able to power the DHD's with a power supply able to open thousands/millions of wormholes over millions of years it would seem unlikely the power cell used by Jack would be one time only or that any advanced culture would develop weapons that were so energy intensive. Of course all of this is just quesswork until the premier
                        How about, because it's out of ammo? See the little glowly things? Consider them to be bullets

Comment

Yes that is likely... if an ancient had been using the lazy boy chair they could have probably destroyed all the ships with just a few of the probes but because Jack didn't really know what he was doing he launched them all.

Comment

Very cool casting news on the System Lord Camulus!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/actorw...5158468,44132,
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

My worry is that we've only had about two Gou'ald centred episodes so far, with only 11 more to go, Then that will be it! They've got to rap things up pretty quickly. We've also had no Asgaurd, Ancient or Tok'ra stories. There isn't much time left...

Comment

The Asgard are in this episode!

The Ancients are in Atlantis.

And did you see Death Knell?

Anyway, who likes the theory that Major Coburn was captured offworld and taken as a host? (Would explain why he's there in Zero Hour, maybe )

Comment

Working...
                                X