Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stargate Steve View Post
    I loved his character. I really hope the dedicate the next SG-1 movie to him.

R.I.P.
    I agree...I'm a little shocked TBTP haven't recognized his passing. At least not in any of the SGA or SG1 movies. :-(
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      I agree...I'm a little shocked TBTP haven't recognized his passing. At least not in any of the SGA or SG1 movies. :-(
      Maybe because he wasn't on SGA and the SG-1 movies were finished long before he passed?
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

They did mention that a ship was being named after him. The "General Hammond."

Although it is odd that they name it that way. All U.S. military ships named after dignitaries, Generals, fallen service members use their first and last name, i.e. the Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, John F. Kennedy etc... So technically the new ship should be called the "George Hammond."

Comment

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
          They did mention that a ship was being named after him. The "General Hammond."

Although it is odd that they name it that way. All U.S. military ships named after dignitaries, Generals, fallen service members use their first and last name, i.e. the Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, John F. Kennedy etc... So technically the new ship should be called the "George Hammond."
          It's not clear, but I think Carter meant it was being named after General Hammond, not necessarily that the ship would have that name. I expect it will be the "George Hammond".

It was a nice little tribute to Don.
          Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

rest in peace hammond of texas..

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              I was going to say the finale ep (season 5) of SGA mentioned a tribute to him, but a few other folks beat me to it..
              It was written into the script.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                I was going to say the finale ep (season 5) of SGA mentioned a tribute to him, but a few other folks beat me to it..
                It was written into the script.
                Yes, I saw that! :-) I'm glad TPTB finally recognized him. I hope we get to see the Hammond flying in future SG movies! :-)
                sigpic

Comment

I totally agree. After Continuum came out and I didn't see any mention of him I didn't know if they'd mention it somehow as the DVD's had already been produced. But for the final episode of Atlantis to mention him and name a ship after him to me is a great way to remember him.

Even to think about it makes me sad that he's gone because he was always one of my favourite characters that seemed stern but one of the nicest people in the world. My heart really goes out to those who were close to him and hopefully the new ship the General Hammond will last many years and sequels to come.
                  I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

I only just found out about Don's passing from watching a recording of the final episode of Stargate Atlantis. How sad I am of this information and hope his family is doing well considering. I am so disappointed that the media did not make this information more known as Don seemed to be a great person.

RIP Don - SG1/SG Atlantis fans will miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg View Post
                      I totally agree. After Continuum came out and I didn't see any mention of him I didn't know if they'd mention it somehow as the DVD's had already been produced. But for the final episode of Atlantis to mention him and name a ship after him to me is a great way to remember him.

Even to think about it makes me sad that he's gone because he was always one of my favourite characters that seemed stern but one of the nicest people in the world. My heart really goes out to those who were close to him and hopefully the new ship the General Hammond will last many years and sequels to come.
                      Yeah...I've missed General Hammond in the series. I'm just glad that he's being remembered by having a ship named after him. I'm sure the ship will be a kick a$$ ship!
                      sigpic

Comment

OMG! I am behind the times! I recently watched an episode of SG Atlantis and someone mentioned to Samantha Carter while she was Commander of Atlantis that they heard General Hammond had passed away. She replied by saying he had passed away by a heart attack while "off-world." A creative way to mention his passing during a show. I wondered why they would say that in an episode; now I know. He, SG-1 and SG-Atlantis will all be missed. I wonder what SG-Universe (sometime in 2009) will bring us??

Comment

Don.S.Davis was such an awesome man! I'm gonna miss him heaps. ><

Comment

I was watching this Don S. Davis tribute on youtube and i was wondering if anyone knows what the music is called.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjtqRB2RE50
                            It should be mandatory for people who put videos on youtube to name what music they use.

Would anyone like to see a picture of General Hammond in the briefing room or maybe in landry's office i know i would.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
                              I was watching this Don S. Davis tribute on youtube and i was wondering if anyone knows what the music is called.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjtqRB2RE50
                              It should be mandatory for people who put videos on youtube to name what music they use.

Would anyone like to see a picture of General Hammond in the briefing room or maybe in landry's office i know i would.
                              the song name is "Divano" by "era"
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzdeeLS6BM0

the video is about the asgard but it features my favorite Hammond moment
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X