Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest In Peace Don S. Davis.

He was a great actor who helped make StarGate what it is today.
    Iv seen several other movies and/or shows that he has played in, some dramatic, some.. very funny.

He will be missed, its a sad time for the StarGate franchise

RIP Hammond of Texas

-AA
    Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
    (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Really saddened by this. Just found out. May he rest in peace.

May we all honor him by following his example, both Don's AND Gen. George Hammond's, honor, dignity and a warm hearted compassion.

Hammond of Texas, one pair of shoes that can never be filled.

I too think there should be an appropriate segment written into some future stargate episode/movie.
      Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
      Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Rest in peace Don! My condolences to his wife, family and friends.

I never had the opportunity to meet Don but every interview of his that I have ever read has had me in stitches. He had a wonderfully cheeky sense of humour. Far to young to be gone. I haven't been on my computer in weeks and I was thoroughly shocked and saddened to hear this news.

Everyone's stories have got me in tears, must go and watch some Stargate!

Comment

This is one of the saddest moments in my life as I heard it in the news before Stargate SG-1, I feel very sorry for his famili and he deserves a very magnificient Salute:
          Bang
          Bang
          Bang
          Bang
          Bang
          Bang
          Bang.

I hope his family will be allright and that they show his death in an episode. I think it was a shock for all Star Gate fans, the Star Gate crew and me.

I will miss you.

Best Regards

Markus E. Siefert a.k.a. Markuser
          Good luck for your family

Comment

Rest in Peace Mr. Davis.
            Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Don, you will be missed by friends and family. R.I.P friend
              This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
              Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
              we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

I hope they will do a rememberance of Don in Atlantis. He helped shape the stargate franchise into what it is today!

Godspeed, Hammond of Texas.
                sigpic

Comment

Rest In Peace Don! Its truly sad

Comment

Rest in Peace. I still can't believe Hammond of Texas is gone. You will be missed Mr.Davis.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Starlover1990

Comment

I read this the day it was posted....i cant believe it.

The first ep I watch after I heard the news and saw him in it i cried...i really did.

He was one of my favorites easily from all time..i can't believe his life was cut short. I feel so bad for the family.

RIP Mr Davis...you were an awesome actor and a great person..you ARE missed by millions...At least now you can look down and really see how much people cared about your and thought of you.

Thank you Don, thank you so much for giving so many people on this earth such great entertainment.

YOU WILL AND ARE BEING MISSED.

Thank you again.

-Jim.
                      When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
                      I miss you.
                      Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

Don S. Davis (General Hammond) died in July 2008 from a heart attack. This is a memorial thread.

Comment

Actually, it was June 29. And there's already a thread.

Comment

Stargate's Davis Is Dead

Gateworld reported that Don S. Davis, who played Maj. Gen. George Hammond on SCI FI Channel's Stargate SG-1 for seven seasons, died June 29 after suffering a heart attack. He was 65.

Citing Davis' wife, Ruby Fleming-Davis, the site reported that a family memorial will take place in a few weeks, during which Davis' ashes will be scattered in the ocean; fans were asked to make memorial donations to the American Heart Association.

Davis left the regular cast of SG-1 in 2003 because of a medical condition that restricted his workload, but he made several guest appearances on the show and its spinoff, Stargate Atlantis.

A native of Missouri, Davis had a 26-year career that included many roles on TV series, notably Maj. Garland Briggs on Twin Peaks. He met SG-1 co-star Richard Dean Anderson on the set of MacGyver, on which he worked as a stunt double for actor Dana Elcar.

Davis' final Stargate appearance is in Stargate: Continuum, the upcoming straight-to-DVD movie. He will also appear in the films Vipers, Woodshop and Far Cry.

Comment

R.i.p.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=56152

Comment

Working...
                                X