No announcement yet.

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just found out because my sister sent me an e-mail. I haven't been near the internet or news lately.

Thanks to everyone who posted their private pictures of Don. I've seen everything he has been in and he was a great actor. He will be missed.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

It is with great saddness to hear this news of Don S. Davis's passing.
      Many (((((((((hugs and prayers)))))))))) to his family and friends.
      My own dad passed away from a major heart-attack, so I know how difficult the months and memories even during some moments in the years ahead will be.

May everyone close to Don S. Davis find great comfort in their memories of him.

On a lighter note, I used to get him confused with Dana Elcar's character on MacGyver.. now I know why.. (stunt double to Dana Elcar =).

Comment

My condolences to his family and friends and all of us fans who adore him still.

Good journey, and peace be you, Mr. Davis.
        Last edited by SyFyFantasy; 05 July 2008, 12:01 PM. Reason: Better choice of word(s).
        I love Stargate and blue jello!!
        "We can only hope that this will be the last footwear to fall"--Thor, from "Unnatural Selection"

Comment

OH NO !!!!
          I've been away from the Stargate universe for a number of weeks due to work etc,have just had a look on Gateworld just now and have seen this,this is so sad I really don't know what to say,

Mr Davis/General Hammond is one of my favourite characters in the Stargate universe,
          His character has always reminded me of my Grandad,mainly in his looks but also the fact that his character was never to busy to make time for his Grandchildren,the episodes which feature General Hammond outside the SGC are some of my favourites especially the episode where he is forced to retire and Jack and Maybourne team up to get him re-instated,

Rest in peace Mr Davis you will be sorely missed,thank you so much for so many wonderful years of viewing,

To Mr Davis' family,my condolences on your loss, and I hope that if you ever read these forums occasionally you will gain some comfort from how much Mr Davis was and still is loved in the Stargate community.
          Jack: Teal'c, what's with the hair?
          Thor: O'Neill.
          Jack: Thor. You got aspirin?
          Thor: You should feel better momentarily, and your memory should return.
          Jack: [Pause] Teal'c, what's with the hair?

INDEED.......YA!!!

Comment

Rest in Peace Mr. Davis, thank you for being a part of Stargate and such a great artist.

Farewell, Hammond *touches head* of Texas.

Last edited by Fainne; 05 July 2008, 06:00 AM.

Comment

I found out on the night when my brother came upstair to my bedroom and said he had passed away. Someone I will sorely miss, Hammond of Texas.
              If you immediately know the candle light is fire,
              the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Comment

Lovely tribute there CI... Can i ask what the music was you used?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                  Lovely tribute there CI... Can i ask what the music was you used?
                  Reach Out by Take That
                  If you immediately know the candle light is fire,
                  the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Comment

Thanks....

Spoiler:

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

My first memory of watching Don S. Davis as an actor was when he played Scully's father in X-files. I loved the way he portrayed that character, he was so believable, so I was positively thrilled when he had a similar (military officer) role in SG-1.

This is heartbreaking.

Don, we hardly knew ye.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesindustries View Post
                        I found out on the night when my brother came upstair to my bedroom and said he had passed away. Someone I will sorely miss, Hammond of Texas.
                        That was beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes. Lots of good memories of Don as General Hammond.
                        sigpic
                        Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Don S. Davis was an inspiration both on and off the screen. He will be sorely missed, but his creative work will live on forever.

Comment

This is my first post so I hope I'm doing this right.

I was so shocked when I heard about Don, I just couldn't believe it! As a relatively new 'gater myself, I never got the chance to meet him, although I would have loved to. Ironically, the night before he passed away, I was watching "Heroes", and when I came to the scene with Sam and General Hammond, I couldn't help but think about what a truly amazing actor he is. Weird how things happen that way.

You will be missed. Rest in peace, Don, knowing you've touched millions of fans over the years with your film, television, and artwork, as well as your personality!
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
                              Really, really sad news. Hammond of Texas will always live in my heart.
                              In the name of Allah the Gracious the most merciful.

It was just the other day I was bragging that 'General Hammond' was my hero (and long lost uncle I never met); so much my friend purchased a cup with Don all over it.

All I can say is Wow, General Hammond or as my wife call's him (due to her accent) 'German Hammon' lol.

I am a HUGE fan of Stargate, when I heard the news I was proper gutted to say the least.

As a Muslim (convert), I immediately went straight to my room and prayed the following:

"In the name of Allah the most Merciful, O Allah please grant Don S Davis the biggest Heaven, O Allah I do not know Him, but what I have seen of him tells me he is a beautiful human being, and you are the Knower of hearts, may you shower your endless blessings upon him as you did Jesus, Please also bless his family, friends and fans Armeen (Armen)".

Rudy if you are reading this, I will keep you in my prayers, and please remember me in yours.

Thank you 4 reading

Asalam Alykum
                              (peace be upon you)

Paul

Comment

I am saddened to learn of the passing of Don S. Davis. I never had the fortune of meeting the man, but I liked and admired what I did know about him. With his passing, in a way, an era has passed as well. No longer will we be able to enjoy his talent and the voice he used to bring Gen. Hammond to life. With his passing, General Hammond has passed as well. To me on Stargate, he was always the father-figure that looked out for his children, doing his best to keep them safe and supporting them in their endeavours. As life inevitably moves forward, the elders must eventually pass on that torch, and in best tradition, both Don and George (Hammond) have done just that. Joe Mallozzi wrote that Don had actually offered to step down to help RDA have a reduced workload when he wanted to spend more time with his young daughter, before it had been considered by the execs. Later as his health declined, his offer became a necessity. Characters on television are often the products of the people who portray them, especially if they are long running characters. The writers had initially meant for Hammond to be something else, something of an antagonist, but the personal character of Don Davis altered those plans instead creating the father-figure we all came to know and love. Had anyone else been behind the character, those initial plans may very well come to fruition, but thankfully because of Don, they did not.

To our friend Don: Rest in Peace, friend.

"He was good with his hands..."
                                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Working...
                                X