Clear All

indeed

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      but i regard them as dead too.

tom, let's make it stargate. stargate is not uberhard sci fi. though EW might be possible, if it's so easy, how come nobody ever did anything like it?

let's focus on how we can defeat them, not all the countless technological aspects

The writers were stupid? Certainly explains a few things.

You can focus on how to defeat them, I like to spin my techie ideas. Really, that's why I'm here. If we stick to the old tech, we're just limiting ourselves.
      The first VF was all about the tech, remember? We're in the sci tech section as well.

So in that spirit:
      -If we lose Earth, would Atlantis not be recalled o the Milky Way to act as a base? And if the Asgard are still around, Earth may not have to fall. Whether by using their fleet, or us using the Mantle.

it's the friggin city of the gods. if the city can be devastated by mere humans, then they're not gods
      Originally posted by locutes View Post
      indeed
      I think you'll find logic plays a very minor role in a situation like this.

Comment

EW should be used. I played this old game called starfleet command and after you went to red alert you had a small amount of power left to use on other systems. One was ECM and ECCM. A couple of points in ECM and the other ships could miss alot and had to maybe sacrifice power to engines and reinforcing his shields to put it in ECCM so he could hit you.

According to Dboy we lost earth and I dont think we should move atlantis. Its a stationary target easy for the Ori to hit.

Last nuking the ori planet is out of the question. While some will start to question their faith others will feel the need for vegence and it will make them tougher and they will force those with weaker faith to follow or die which will probably be worst than what the priors were like. Remember SG-1 killed several goauld but the Jaffa still for a long time thought they were gods.

What I would like to see is that we setup a base on the planet with the ori satellite. It was mentioned they all killed each other. It would make for a good defense and we could also study ori weapons.
        sigpic

Comment

cause goauld claimed the kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Smallz View Post
            According to Dboy we lost earth and I dont think we should move atlantis. Its a stationary target easy for the Ori to hit.

What I would like to see is that we setup a base on the planet with the ori satellite. It was mentioned they all killed each other. It would make for a good defense and we could also study ori weapons.
            On the contrary, it can fly, so it would make a mobile target. Which can also take the hits.

Nah, both sides apparently signed a cease fire.

Comment

no tom, they were all annihilated.

and atlantis is of no use here. without weapons, it's no use. and even with the drones we found, it barely has the ammo to bring down an ori mothership.

and the trip would take a lot of power from the zpm's.

no, atlantis is best kept in pegasus. if we simply make use of ha'tak and 304's and alkesh and teltak as base ships, we can always be on the move. and atlantis requires it's shields up at all times, not very useful

Comment

Points taken.

So what are we going to do? I'm in favor of combining the Wraith and Ori war, let them duke it out, so we have Pegasus and MW in involved at once, and with the Asgard, Ida as well.

Comment

that would give the ori another enemy and we could have some time to rebuild, so yes a good idea

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

that would be interesting. one thought the wraith hyperdrive can´t travel between galaxy's so how are the wraith coming her or will the just stay in pegasus and the ori send forces there, the could build a Supergate there as well

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
                      that would be interesting. one thought the wraith hyperdrive can´t travel between galaxy's so how are the wraith coming her or will the just stay in pegasus and the ori send forces there, the could build a Supergate there as well
                      Both viable options. Turning this into a long three way war, with the Ori split between the MW and Pegasus, fighting the wraith in one, the Asgard in the other.

Comment

it would simply give us a possibility of survival.

Also the Wraith shouldnt get the ability to go to Milkyway or we'll have a wraith war there too and THAT we cannot win, Too much humans/jaffa to feed on.

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Comment

it's an incredibly bad idea. why?

point ONE: 1.0 did it already.

point two(the strongest by far)

the ancients are a race of advanced beings with technology like magic.
                          the ori are a race of advanced beings with technology like magic.
                          pegasus races respect, and sometimes nearly worship the ancients.

is nobody afraid that it takes 1 prior to convert the entire PEGASUS GALAXY!

it wouldn't even be competition. the prior shows up, does a trick, say that they are family of the ancients, and that they are the true ancients, and the entire galaxy is theirs. the priors do not even have to VISIT. the rumor will spread, and everyone will just adore the ori and worship without second thoughts.

then, we have two galaxies of ori believers. the wraith as they are now have no chance against the ori. ori motherships just blow their hives to hell. then, pegasus is theirs.

even IF we defeat the ori, how the hell are we supposed to turn Pegasus with its Pro-ancient (Pro-ori) approach. it's the voice of a few thousand against the voice of millions.

it's plain and simple CRAZY.

anyway, one interesting approach: earth is taken by the ori. however, we have the Oddy, which can cloak and beam. also, Earth won't just throw itself at the feet of the ori. advanced, yes, but their ways are unacceptable to us. also, the ori won't grow a brain overnight.

my idea is simple: even while the Earth is under ori control (well, i'd prefer say the solar system is under their control), we could use the oddy to beam out the right people, to expand our resistance. this means that a few thousand could be initially evaced, then when we're properly settled, we can just use Pegasus as a safe haven for many citizens.

also, we can raid supplies that way. because the cloak is a mix of ancient and ori and asgard and human technology (human ship, asgard shield, and a combo of a prior with merlin), and even some ascended knowledge (merlin=ex ascended), i doubt the ori will be able to pick it up.

that way, we can keep "recruiting" people. expertise as we need it. we can also raid supplies like food and nukes.

aside from that, we should really, really, really beam everything out of the arctic outpost during the evac, so it is entirely placed offworld (simply beam up in segments, the hangars should be large enough for large sections), and maybe use buffers to store the data and beam it down later.

using the Deadalus, we can take additional parts. the drones can be tossed through the gate or beamed up too.

then, we reconstruct it at an offworld site, so we at least can fend off an attack. or MAYBE, replace the oddy's missiles with drones. surely would do damage, perhaps gets us a kill.

aside from that, i would like the ori to grow a brain during the war. intially, they are just "slaves" of the ori. take a look at the ori arc. do the priors ever act on their own? nope, always they just do as the ori command. they're brainless.

now, the ori are gone and adria is in command, the mortal ori.

once she's gone, we can make this a dual story of growth. the Priors and Doci are now in power. they get to say what's done. and i would like to see, how the Doci and priors cope, with how they cant just pool into the infinite knowledge of the ori, and have to do with what they have. how their ships are not just made by a magical bonfire, but how bare hands have to build shipyards and ships.

i would like to see, how the Resistance basically nukes the ori fleet out of this galaxy with their SFMC's, then blocks the ori supergate, and the ori forces have to cope on this end. the ori forces on the celestia end, have to figure out a way to get the connection back online.

that is what i like to see. i would like to see the asgard use their old tactics, namely counter-technology. i would like to see them working on their shield technology, to better resist the ori weapons. i would like to see them, think about their ships and modify them for best use against the ori.

i would like to see the tok'ra, as our R&D and intelligence service. "our" being the Resistance. how a jaffa takes an ori staff-proof vest. how we infiltrate ori ships and blow them up from the inside, how jackson has to convince the converted, how the resistance runs, hides, then sneaks upon the ori, strikes, runs, and hides.

how the jaffa learn to put their differences apart, how they learn from their past, how they look to the future, how they fight the false gods once again.

and how the Illac Renin helps the ori, believing them to be the true gods. the ones they seek. how they fight, how they learn, how they battle their brothers, no matter how reluctant.

how the technology of the Great Races is used and misused, how the Nox are contacted for their help against the ori, how the hebridans cope, how the Re'ol and re'tu cope, how everyone does.

Comment

Maybe instead of moving the ancient outpost on earth we can move the one thats on the fire planet whatever its called. We can move it to the planet with the ori satellite, place the chair there, and rebuild and improve all the missile platforms. This could be the tauris new homeworld for now as well as the resistances main base. The ori wouldnt try to assualt it. Not with the satellite, drones, missiles, and ships there.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                              it would simply give us a possibility of survival.

Also the Wraith shouldnt get the ability to go to Milkyway or we'll have a wraith war there too and THAT we cannot win, Too much humans/jaffa to feed on.
                              Precisely.

it's an incredibly bad idea. why?

point ONE: 1.0 did it already.
                              Are we in 2.0 now? Anyways, nobody's ever tried both at once.

then, we have two galaxies of ori believers. the wraith as they are now have no chance against the ori. ori motherships just blow their hives to hell. then, pegasus is theirs.
                              Ah, but therein lies your argument's Achilles heel, the Ori are gone, so they can't pass on their power to the Priors. The Priors do not tap directly into the power of the worshipers, their only conduits.

even IF we defeat the ori, how the hell are we supposed to turn Pegasus with its Pro-ancient (Pro-ori) approach. it's the voice of a few thousand against the voice of millions.
                              This actually helps us from a storyline perspective, since they are now Ori worshiper, however, I point out that in the movie, the Book of Origin is actually not that bad in itself. Once we use he Ark, they would be benign.

it's plain and simple CRAZY.
                              I'm not sure I approve of your choice of words here.

that way, we can keep "recruiting" people. expertise as we need it. we can also raid supplies like food and nukes.
                              No complaints.

then, we reconstruct it at an offworld site, so we at least can fend off an attack. or MAYBE, replace the oddy's missiles with drones. surely would do damage, perhaps gets us a kill.
                              I've always been afan of this later plan, mobile target and all.

once she's gone, we can make this a dual story of growth. the Priors and Doci are now in power. they get to say what's done. and i would like to see, how the Doci and priors cope, with how they cant just pool into the infinite knowledge of the ori, and have to do with what they have. how their ships are not just made by a magical bonfire, but how bare hands have to build shipyards and ships.
                              Interesting to note whether they can make more Priors, of if hey need the Fires of Celestis for it.

i would like to see, how the Resistance basically nukes the ori fleet out of this galaxy with their SFMC's, then blocks the ori supergate, and the ori forces have to cope on this end. the ori forces on the celestia end, have to figure out a way to get the connection back online.
                              Make another gate.

that is what i like to see. i would like to see the asgard use their old tactics, namely counter-technology. i would like to see them working on their shield technology, to better resist the ori weapons. i would like to see them, think about their ships and modify them for best use against the ori.

i would like to see the tok'ra, as our R&D and intelligence service. "our" being the Resistance. how a jaffa takes an ori staff-proof vest. how we infiltrate ori ships and blow them up from the inside, how jackson has to convince the converted, how the resistance runs, hides, then sneaks upon the ori, strikes, runs, and hides.
                              All very nice, but ultimately, the fleet's popularity in it's previous incarnations depended on world building, rather than character development. So I'm more on the overview rather than storylines.

Comment

even with overview, we can have the development. it's both. as a race, the ori followers have to cope without being spoonfed everything. the classic goauld warfare is no longer of use, so the jaffa have to rethink strategies.

the tok'ra can resume their former strategies, they work. the tau'ri have to cope without homeworld, they have to cope with less resources. and most of all: they have to cope with immoral or unethical fighting.

GWVF 1.0 did ori versus wraith, then two turned Priors were the catalyst for the end of the ori war.

i think it's crazy.

Ah, but therein lies your argument's Achilles heel, the Ori are gone, so they can't pass on their power to the Priors. The Priors do not tap directly into the power of the worshipers, their only conduits.
                                therein lies my argument: the ori are gone, so we no longer have an uberenemy, merely an enemy with uber equipment. therefore, we CAN beat them, especially since they lack scientists and smart people. the Priors have knowledge, but only what they have been given during the war. the ships are no longer magically built, no, people need to build them now. because i downright refuse to accept that the ori followers could build superadvanced intergalactic warships out of thin air without even FORGES, without any form of infrastructure!.

and yes tom, a second supergate will most likely appear then. or they hack our supergate code and regain control. 90% of a gate's operation is computerised. connection is by computer, then by wormhole. thousands to millions of lines of code are put into the programming. the gate can be programmed to accept only outgoing wormholes. the sheer amount of possibilities is awesome.

i think we should also introduce a new concept: gate sattelites. i've been thinking over this, and it will work. essentially, a small Asuran-esque stargate sattelite can be used to get a favorable gate position at any place. gate heavily guarded? just bring in the sattelite and we have a safe gate connection

Comment

Working...
                                X